Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:43:21 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  RULES GOVERNING MONSTERS IN BAD FILMS « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: RULES GOVERNING MONSTERS IN BAD FILMS  (Read 27448 times)
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2012, 05:16:53 PM »

Many monsters will have an inexplicable, non-food,  attraction to a single human female.

Especially, if said single human female is a virgin. (See various versions of "Countess Dracula," "Creature from the Black Lagoon," "King Kong," etc.) Of course, said single human need not be female (See "Lair of the White Worm," etc.) But said monster will go on a killing rampage, if denied said single human, male or female. (See films already mentioned and others.)
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2012, 05:20:33 PM »

16.) Persons making monster rules tend to be extremely long-winded.  And fail to number their entries. 
pedant  Smile
I coudn;t get my shoes off to find out where I was in the list

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2012, 09:24:38 PM »

16.) Persons making monster rules tend to be extremely long-winded.  And fail to number their entries.  
pedant  Smile
I coudn;t get my shoes off to find out where I was in the list
Pedant, again?  You're not funny and I wasn't referring to you.  Who else would know what you're referring to?  Only me.  Don't make me pop yer cherry.  Kitten. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2012, 10:21:48 PM »

Rowr!!!! BounceGiggle

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2012, 11:02:57 AM »

29) Many monsters are much stealthier than it looks like they should be. A monster the size of an elephant can creep silently through a forest and devour dozens of victims without leaving a trace. Once a witness has survived an attack by the monster, however, it usually abandons all attempts at stealth.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 01:52:17 PM by Ted C » Logged

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2012, 11:34:20 AM »

30- Fifties monsters rarely attack children; indeed, they will stand there, roaring impotently, while an adult snatches the child to safety.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2012, 12:43:40 PM »

31) monsters never go AROUND things.

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2012, 01:21:26 PM »

32. On encountering a lone, intoxicated human, a monster will react in one of three ways.

a) Pass by close enough for the guy to get a good look, but ignore him completely, allowing the drunk to either tell a story nobody believes or comically swear off booze on the spot.

b) Devour the unsuspecting drunk with perfect comic timing.

c) Pause long enough for the drunk to comically attempt to interact with it, then either leave or devour him.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2012, 01:58:27 PM »

33) If a monster has two heads, they will inevitably fight over food.

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2012, 05:05:52 PM »

34) BIG monsters can fit in SMALL places

Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2012, 10:01:06 AM »

35) Monsters are often subject to involuntary teleportation, causing them to suddenly and inexplicably lose ground on humans they are chasing, especially if those humans are main characters.

SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2012, 12:04:48 AM »

36. The cell structure of a monster is unaffected by deep freezing and they will awaken from suspended animation almost as soon as they are released without need for a recovery period.

This biological fortitude can also be applied to the crushing effects of millions of tons of rock, deep water, scalding lava, and exposure due to explosions or meteor impacts.

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2012, 02:48:25 PM »

37) Monsters are prone to display behavior such as mating displays, territorial displays, or other displays that generally require them to roar loudly and pose ominously while their prey either scream incoherently (typical victims) or make good their escape (typical protagonists).

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  RULES GOVERNING MONSTERS IN BAD FILMS « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.