Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:56:09 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Please help me id a horror movie with a mini horror movie in the middle of it! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Please help me id a horror movie with a mini horror movie in the middle of it!  (Read 5268 times)
sarah_ct
New Visitor

« on: August 08, 2012, 05:52:37 PM »

So I rented this movie about 5 years ago and can't remember the title for the life of me! It probably was made no earlier than the 90's.

The movie starts out with a group of friends who want to scare one of their female friends. They stage a murder to scare her but something goes wrong and of course someone really ends up dead. For the rest of the movie the remaining friends are chased by a serial killer who may have used gardening shears as a weapon. There are several funny moments in the film once where a guy innaccurately states the time and says something like "whatever I'm not good at math" and his friend says "that's not math it's telling time". Also, a guy attempts to slide over the roof of his car and fails miserably.

In the middle of this movie there is like a mini movie of it's own about tiny monsters that awaken in some guys apartment after he steals an ancient artifact from a museum. The only way to stop the tiny monsters is to shine light on them so the guy arms himself by taping flashlights all over his body and wearing a headlamp. Somehow he ends up in the basement and of course all of his flashlights go out and he gets crushed by a washing machine.

I know this is pretty vague and possibly inaccurate but I'm hoping someone else has seen this movie and can bring my unsuccessful internet searching to an end! Thanks in advance for your help  Smile
The Fake Macoy
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 11:56:13 AM »

First I should say that I haven't seen either of these movies so they could be way off.
It could be I'll Always Know What You Did Last Summer (2006) since that has the prank causing someone to die.
Small | Large

The Burning (1981) has a few of the things you described as well.  It features a prank gone wrong and a killer who uses shears.  However the time period doesn't match, as well as a bunch of other things.  Does any of this seem familiar to you?
Small | Large

The whole movie is up on youtube.
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 02:12:55 PM »

Hmm, sounds like a concoction of films.

The first does sound like it could be "The Burning." The "Last Summer" films might be a dead end, I've seen them all except for "I'll always know..", but I am almost positive the weapon of choice throughout the series is a meat hook.

Now, the little monsters is intriguing. Immediately I thought of "Little Monsters" when you mentioned the flashlight suit and head lamp. The actual monsters in that film are people in prosthetics, but they do shrink/die when light/sunglight hits them. It doesn't match the artifact from the museum part though. No one dies from a washing machine either.

sarah_ct
New Visitor

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 02:44:51 PM »

I checked out those films and unfortunately neither one is the movie I'm looking for. It's pretty bad that a group of us watched this movie and we can't recall much more than what I originally wrote. I believe we rented this movie from a Blockbuster so I'm hoping it's not too obscure.

I'll list the other random plot points that not all of us agreed happened in case it helps:
1) Someone thinks the killer was a female in a bunny suit
2) Someone thinks the title was one word potentially starting with an R
3) Someone thinks the mini movie was connected to the main movie because it was on a radio or tv during the main movie
Rayo Casablanca
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 11:38:43 PM »

My guess is you're thinking (or your friends are thinking) of RED VELVET. It completely fits with most of what you're describing -- pranks, teens, a female killer in a bunny suit, starts with R, even has a mini-movie at it's center -- but the time frame's totally off. It was made in 2008.
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 12:56:58 PM »

Here is the "Red Velvet" trailer.

Small | Large
sarah_ct
New Visitor

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 12:10:56 AM »

Wow I didn't actually think there would be multiple movies that fit the description of the movie we are looking for! Unfortunately, Red Velvet is not the movie we saw. Thanks for the suggestion  Smile
Bushma
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 04:58:59 PM »

Sounds like it could be "Sorority Row"

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Please help me id a horror movie with a mini horror movie in the middle of it! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.