Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:50:44 AM
714465 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  the 2012 NFL thread « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13
Author Topic: the 2012 NFL thread  (Read 63191 times)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2012, 06:22:40 AM »

The Vikings and the Bears are 4-1, Packers are 2-3, and the Lions are 1-3.  Everything is as it should be  Thumbup

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2012, 11:31:37 AM »

The Vikings and the Bears are 4-1, Packers are 2-3, and the Lions are 1-3.  Everything is as it should be  Thumbup

I expected the Bears to drastically improve now that they have a legitimate number 1 receiver with Brandon Marshall. I thought the Vikings might improve a little bit because Ponder really impressed me last year and therefore he along with the team would take a big step forward. So far they're surprising.

The Lions are where I thought they'd be. Jim Schwartz's team has no discipline and I think he lost the players. They have no secondary or running game. The fact that Stafford appears to be made out of glass isn't helping them.

As for my team, the Packers. Stating the obvious, they should be 3-2 by all rights. That having been said, I had concerns about the offensive line going into the season as well as the secondary. Those fears seem to be validated at the moment. The injury to B.J. Raji yesterday really considers me. The already shaky defense turned to mush when the big man left the game.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2012, 05:53:26 PM »

Ugh, Buffalo's D has been abysmal the last couple weeks.  Hopefully the Cardinals' weak O-line can be exploited somewhat next weekend.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2012, 07:10:18 PM »

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has altered the suspensions of three of the four players who were disciplined as a result of the league’s investigation into the Saints’ bounty program.

The player who got the best result was Browns linebacker Scott Fujita, who already had the shortest suspension and has now had the largest reduction to his suspension: Fujita’s suspension has been reduced from three games to one, the league has announced.

Defensive end Anthony Hargrove’s suspension has been reduced from eight games to seven games. Hargrove, who is currently a free agent, will be credited for having served his suspension during the first five games of this season. If he signs with a team, he will have to serve the final two games of the suspension before he can play for that team.

For Jonathan Vilma, who was suspended for the entire year, the suspension remains unchanged in the sense that he will not be permitted to play at all this season. But the NFL has altered Vilma’s suspension by allowing him to collect his pay for spending the first six weeks of the season on the Physically Unable to Perform list. The NFL had previously planned to suspend Vilma without pay for all 17 weeks of the season.

Saints defensive end Will Smith was the only player whose suspension wasn’t changed at all: His four-game suspension remains in place.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/09/nfl-cuts-fujitas-suspension-will-allow-vilma-to-get-paid/

I think Goodell over stepping his ground again.  I don't trust anything Goodell has to say about the Saints at this point after pulling things out of thin air before, especially because the players would have to be incredibly stupid to say those things to him.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2012, 10:09:02 AM »

My team finished 15-1 last season, but the team wasn't as good as the record indicates. All season long there were issues with the Packers offensive line, lack of a running game and the defense bottoming out after Nick Collins was injured. These same issues are showing up now but are magnified by media because of the record of 2-2. My gut feeling is that they'll be 2-3, even though they ought to be 3-2,  after the late game with Houston this evening.

On much more pleasant news my fantasty team is exrremely deep after I made a few moves. Starters: Rivers, Vincent Jackson, Nate Washington (only because my other WRs have a bye), LeSean McCoy, Adrian Peterson, Tony Gonzalez and Steven Jackson. My offensive bench consists of Brandon Marshall, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Heath Miller, Lance Moore and Devin Hester. My kicker is Matt Bryant. My defense is made up of Patrick Willis, Karlos Dansby, Michael Boley, J.J. Watt, Ronde Barber, Yeremiah Bell, Earl Thomas and Malcolm Jenkins who currently is on the bench.And I'm undefeated so far!  TeddyR

retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2012, 07:25:11 PM »

Ugh.. Buffalo tried to give away the game to the Cards but they refused such gifts, missing a gimme FG at the end of OT (after Feeley made a 61-yarder earlier).  Then in the extra session Skelton throws a pick to Byrd and Lindell nails an even gimmier FG to win it.  Whew!  A wacky 4-way tie atop the AFC East!

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2012, 09:07:58 AM »

Just saw the injuries the Ravens had in their game yesterday. My heart goes out to their fans. Oye.

As for Packers vs Texans last night. I'm very surprised by what happened. Houston didn't come ready to play at all. Additionally, the Packers team from last night was not the one that has played the last week weeks. I was expecting my team to get blown out.

In fantasy land I'm up 40 and all my opponent has going tonight is Eric Weddle , where as I have Philip Rivers still go. I'm on my way to 6-0.   Cheers

And I finally have  a Packers player on ym team with Tramon Williams.  TeddyR

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2012, 10:07:11 AM »

I fully expect the Ravens to free fall because one of the best linebackers all of time Ray Lews is out for the year after
tearing his right triceps Sunday. OUCH!!!

Additionally, Baltimore corner Lardarius Webb is done for the season after he tore the ACL in his left knee .

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8509069/ray-lewis-lardarius-webb-baltimore-ravens-season

Also the Eages fired defensive coordinator Juan Castilllo.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8511166/juan-castillo-fired-philadelphia-eagles

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2012, 07:31:02 AM »

Mike Holmgren is out as president of the Browns.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8511711/mike-holmgren-retire-cleveland-browns-sale-official

I might be in trouble for fantasy this week with  LeSean McCoy, Tony Gonzalez , Karlos Dansby and Philip Rivers on the bye. Their replacements: Ryan Fitzpatrick, Heath Miller, Daryl Richardson and Tramon Williams

My NFL Power Rankings after Week 6

1. Atlanta Falcons (6 – 0)
2. New York Giants (4 – 2)
3. Chicago Bears (4 – 1)
4. Seattle Seahawks (4 – 2)
5 Houston Texans (5 – 1)
6. Baltimore Ravens (5 – 1)
7. Minnesota Vikings (4 – 2)
8. San Francisco 49ers (4 – 2)
9. Arizona Cardinals (4 – 2)
10. Washington Redskins (3 – 3)
11. Green Bay Packers (3 – 3)
12. New England Patriots (3 – 3)
13. Miami Dolphins (3 – 3)
14. St. Louis Rams (3 – 3)
15. Cincinnati Bengals (3 – 3)
16. Buffalo Bills (3 – 3)
17. Denver Broncos (3 – 3)
18. San Diego Chargers (3 – 3)
19. Philadelphia Eagles (3 – 3)
20. New York Jets (3 – 3)
21. Detroit Lions (2 – 3)
22. Dallas Cowboys (2 – 3)
23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2 – 3)
24. Indianapolis Colts (2 – 3)
25. Pittsburgh Steelers (2 – 3)
26. Tennessee Titans (2 – 4)
27. Jacksonville Jaguars (1 – 4)
28. Oakland Raiders (1 – 4)
29. Cleveland Browns (1 – 5)
30. Carolina Panthers (1 – 4)
31. New Orleans Saints (1 – 4)
32. Kansas City Chiefs (1 – 5)

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2012, 10:31:45 AM »

The first trade offer I have received this season:

I'd move Vincent Jackson, Michael Boley, Adrian Peterson and Philip Rivers

for

Tom Brady, Hakeem Nicks, Fred Jackson and BenJarvus Green-Ellis

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2012, 10:11:44 AM »

The Carolina Panthers fired their GM.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8536687/marty-hurney-carolina-panthers-gm-fired-team-starts-1-5

I think he's a scape goat for the teams bad start, 1-5, and re- signing running backs De Angelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart to long extentions in the offseason. Both players have been playing bad all season, but the team hasn't made a commitment to running the ball all season.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&season=2012&seasonType=REG&offensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&role=TM&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&conference=ALL&d-447263-s=RUSHING_ATTEMPTS

Some of their failure has to fall on the offensive coordinators and head coach.

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2012, 07:28:58 AM »

I'm undefeated in fantasy football. I think that I can now look at realistically going undefeated. My team is perfectly balanced and can over come my QB getting shell shocked every other week.

QB Philip Rivers (already had bye)
WR Vincent Jackson (already had bye)
WR Brandon Marshall (already had bye)
RB Adrian Peterson
RB LeSean McCoy (already had bye)
TE Tony Gonzalez (already had bye)
WR/RB Lance Moore (already had bye)

bench:

RB Steven Jackson
QB Ryan Fitzpatrick
TE Heath Miller (already had bye)
RB Daryl Richardson
WR Nate Washington

K Matt Bryant (already had bye)

D Patrick Willis (SF)
D Karlos Dansby (MIA) (already had bye)
D Tramon Williams (GB)
D Michael Boley (NYG)
D  Malcolm Jenkins (NO) (already had bye)
DB Yeremiah Bell (NYJ)
DB Ronde Barber (TB) (already had bye)

bench:

DL J.J. Watt  (HOU)

I can only see my team losing when Adrian Peterson and the Vikings are on the bye.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 10:07:49 PM by bob » Logged

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2012, 07:35:52 AM »

My NFL power rankings after Week 7

1. Atlanta Falcons (6 – 0)
2. Houston Texans (6 – 1)
3. Chicago Bears (5 – 1)
4. Minnesota Vikings (5 – 2)
5. New York Giants (5 – 2)
6. San Francisco 49ers (5 – 2)
7. Green Bay Packers (4 – 3)
8. Seattle Seahawks (4 – 3)
9. New England Patriots (4 – 3)
10. Arizona Cardinals (4 – 3)
11. Baltimore Ravens (5 – 2)
12. Pittsburgh Steelers (3 – 3)
13. Indianapolis Colts (3 – 3)
14. Tennessee Titans (3 – 4)
15. Dallas Cowboys (3 – 3)
16. San Diego Chargers (3 – 3)
17. Miami Dolphins (3 – 3)
18. St. Louis Rams (3 – 4)
19. Philadelphia Eagles (3 – 3)
20. Washington Redskins (3 – 4)
21. Denver Broncos (3 – 3)
22. Cincinnati Bengals (3 – 4)
23. Buffalo Bills (3 – 4)
24. New York Jets (3 – 4)
25. New Orleans Saints (2 – 4)
26. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2 – 4)
27. Detroit Lions (2 – 4)
28. Oakland Raiders (2 – 4)
29. Carolina Panthers (1 – 5)
30. Jacksonville Jaguars (1 – 5)
31. Cleveland Browns (1 – 6)
32. Kansas City Chiefs (1 – 5)

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2012, 11:12:04 PM »

My Power Rankings after Week 8

1. Atlanta Falcons (7 – 0)
2. Houston Texans (6 – 1)
3. Chicago Bears (6 – 1)
4. New York Giants (6 – 2)
5. San Francisco 49ers (6 – 2)
6. Green Bay Packers (5 – 3)
7. New England Patriots (5 – 3)
8. Indianapolis Colts (4 – 3)
9. Miami Dolphins (4 – 3)
10. Baltimore Ravens (5 – 2)
11. Minnesota Vikings (5 – 3)
12. Denver Broncos (4 – 3)
13. Pittsburgh Steelers (4 – 3)
14. Seattle Seahawks (4 – 4)
15. Arizona Cardinals (4 – 4)
16. St. Louis Rams (3 – 5)
17. San Diego Chargers (3 – 4)
18. Tennessee Titans (3 – 5)
19. Dallas Cowboys (3 – 5)
20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3 - 4)
21. Cincinnati Bengals (3 – 4)
22. Washington Redskins (3 – 5)
23. Buffalo Bills (3 – 4)
24. Detroit Lions (3 – 4)
25. Oakland Raiders (3 – 4)
26. New York Jets (3 – 4)
27. Philadelphia Eagles (3 – 4)
28. Cleveland Browns (2 – 6)
29. New Orleans Saints (2 – 5)
30. Carolina Panthers (1 – 6)
31. Jacksonville Jaguars (1 – 6)
32. Kansas City Chiefs (1 – 6)

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #74 on: November 02, 2012, 02:29:03 PM »

I'm thinking of making a wavier claim for Josh Freeman in fantasy football. My QB situation stinks with Rivers sucking because he has no protection or no receievers not named Antonio Gates with Fitzpatrick riding the bench.

Yet I'm 8-0. Go figure.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  the 2012 NFL thread « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.