Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:39:51 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  the 2012 NFL thread « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Author Topic: the 2012 NFL thread  (Read 61879 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #135 on: December 31, 2012, 10:03:52 AM »

The Boys broke my heart last night! They were so close . . . but good grief, RGIII is a football MACHINE!
I wouldn't be surprised if the Skins go all the way this year.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #136 on: December 31, 2012, 02:44:21 PM »

Chan Gailey got canned in Buffalo.  'Bout time.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #137 on: December 31, 2012, 05:51:17 PM »

The casualties for Black Monday:

The Oakland Raiders offensive coordinator, special teams coordinator, offensive line coach and linebackers coach.
Chicago Bears head coach Lovie Smith.
Arizona Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt and GM Rod Graves.
Cleveland Browns head coach Pat Shurmur and GM  Tom Heckert.
New York Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum.
San Diego Chargers head coach Norv Turner and GM A.J. Smith.
Philadelphia Eagles head coach Andy Reid.
Kansas City Chiefs head coach Romeo Crennel.
Buffalo Bills head coach Chan Gailey and his entire coaching staff.
Jacksonville Jaguars GM Gene Smith.

I personally think Lovie Smith, Pat Shurmur and Ken Whisenhunt  didn't deserve to be canned.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #138 on: December 31, 2012, 07:31:05 PM »

The casualties for Black Monday:

The Oakland Raiders offensive coordinator, special teams coordinator, offensive line coach and linebackers coach.
Chicago Bears head coach Lovie Smith.
Arizona Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt and GM Rod Graves.
Cleveland Browns head coach Pat Shurmur and GM  Tom Heckert.
New York Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum.
San Diego Chargers head coach Norv Turner and GM A.J. Smith.
Philadelphia Eagles head coach Andy Reid.
Kansas City Chiefs head coach Romeo Crennel.
Buffalo Bills head coach Chan Gailey and his entire coaching staff.
Jacksonville Jaguars GM Gene Smith.

I personally think Lovie Smith, Pat Shurmur and Ken Whisenhunt  didn't deserve to be canned.

You mean to tell me that the dumb ass that is Rex Ryan didn't get canned? Here's how stupid he is:
"Interview with Ryan after the game:
Reporter: Another tough game and another tough game for Sanchez. Did you every think
about giving Tebow a look?
Ryan: No because you don't know how close Sanchez to having an incredible game
Reporter: I watched the game and didn't see anything that would have made me think
Sanchez was on the cusp of greatness
Ryan: Well that's because your a reporter and I'm the coach. And I can tell you Mark
was right there with just a couple of breaks and a couple of more plays.
Reporter: Are you sure coach because you lost 28 to 9.
Ryan: But the score was much closer than the score indicates and let me say for the
record that I am really excited about next year.
Reporter: Uh coach, I have just been told to tell you the owner and general manager want to
speak with you right away.
Ryan: Great, they must be wanting to talk about my contract extension.
Reporter: Are we off the air? Yes--that poor dumb slob is about to get fired and he doesn't
know it."

yeah no.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #139 on: December 31, 2012, 10:16:19 PM »

I feel bad for Jets fans in a related note.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #140 on: January 06, 2013, 06:12:06 PM »

After yesterdays game I'm declaring Joe Webb the worst quarterback in the NFL.

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #141 on: January 08, 2013, 10:35:35 PM »

I find it sad that the Bengals couldn't beat a Houston team that was in free fall mode.

My Packers face a very good 49ers team in San Fransisco. Should be a good game regardless of the outcome.

retrorussell

« Reply #142 on: January 09, 2013, 04:44:23 AM »

The Ravens were kind of free-falling too; they, like Houston, got their shizz together when it mattered.
I will really be going nuts if Seattle found a way to get into the Super Bowl this year.  Don't think it will quite happen but I believe they can beat Atlanta.

Buffalo might be called the Syracuse Bills, or the Orange Bills.  They hire the Orangemen HC and he brings the OC with him.  Are they getting Nassib in the draft??

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #143 on: January 09, 2013, 11:04:28 AM »

RG3 tore his ACL and LCL in his right knee last weekend

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8827480/sources-robert-griffin-iii-washington-redskins-having-acl-lcl-surgery-ready-opener

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #144 on: January 09, 2013, 11:18:11 AM »

Monumentally dumb move by Dallas firing Rob Ryan. He'll get a job quickly.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #145 on: January 09, 2013, 03:13:30 PM »

Mike Shanahan Logic

On a completely different note, I do hope that Seattle beats Atlanta, not because of the team, but because of the fans. this is the same reason why my mum hates Chicago and my dad hates Dallas.

yeah no.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #146 on: January 10, 2013, 12:02:20 PM »

The Jags fired head coach Mike Mularkey after only one season. They really shouldn't have done that, it was not under his watch the team drafted Blaine Gabbert who appears to have been a massive bust and the team was riddled with injuries.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8831771/mike-mularkey-jacksonville-jaguars-fired-2-14-season

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #147 on: January 12, 2013, 02:34:24 PM »

The Jags fired head coach Mike Mularkey after only one season. They really shouldn't have done that, it was not under his watch the team drafted Blaine Gabbert who appears to have been a massive bust and the team was riddled with injuries.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8831771/mike-mularkey-jacksonville-jaguars-fired-2-14-season

You can't fire the whole team and start over, so to look like you are doing something, you fire the head coach, or, if you cannot fire the head coach for some reason, then you fire the assistant coach or coaches, as the Dallas Cowboys did.
retrorussell

« Reply #148 on: January 13, 2013, 01:05:33 AM »

The Broncos totally gave Baltimore the game today with dumb penalties, turnovers and awful pass defense.  Sad; very, very sad.

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #149 on: January 13, 2013, 10:03:18 AM »

My guys didn't just lose yesterday, they got their asses kicked badly. The late touchdown makes the final score suggest that the game was closer than it was.

The late TD was Greg Jennings last TD reception as a Packers player, not sure where he'll end up but he had a great career in green and gold.

Maybe if the replacement refs didn't give Seattle the TD that wasn't the game would've been played in Green Bay instead of San Fran? Would it have made a difference, maybe having a home crowd helps but they didn't deserve to win after failing to stop the option Kaepernick ran all game.

Also, pure class from Peyton Manning after losing to Baltimore having stuck around to congratulate future NFL Hall of Famer Ray Lewis on the win.

Non-game notes from yesterday:

John Dorsey has agreed to become Chiefs GM, team announced.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 10:05:32 AM by bob » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  the 2012 NFL thread « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.