Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:04:11 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  3 mystery movies: « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 3 mystery movies:  (Read 8573 times)
forbidden_moose
Dedicated Viewer

« on: August 29, 2012, 06:58:44 PM »

1: Black and White, probably British and felt like it was shot in the 60's. A couple is driving in a car and it breaks down(?) in a small quaint English village covered in fog. Everyone in town is a murder or cannibal type deal. They hide in the local church and I believe the priest turns out to be oneof the killers to. They get the help of the police who also end up beingpossesed/ cannibals. It's possible that they tried to drive away but the spooky fog kept them for leaving.
2: Black and White possibley silent cell animated film, with title cards as if it was a classic silent film. I swore for years it was the spider anf the fly but no adaptations of it match the Burton-esque gothic feel it had.
3: A trailer aired on Canadian TV in the late 70's a lot. It had cheery, cheesey 70's music play as adults had a party downstairs. The kids upstairs were being murdered but the parents didn't care or couldn't hear them. It wasn't Flowers in the Attic and it sort of reminds me of Black Christmas (it wasn't it though)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 07:20:14 PM »

1: Black and White, probably British and felt like it was shot in the 60's. A couple is driving in a car and it breaks down(?) in a small quaint English village covered in fog. Everyone in town is a murder or cannibal type deal. They hide in the local church and I believe the priest turns out to be oneof the killers to. They get the help of the police who also end up beingpossesed/ cannibals. It's possible that they tried to drive

This sounds like a mix of "Brigadoon" (1954) and "2000 Maniacs" (1964).  Could you possibly be remembering the latter film and the memory is distorted by the years?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
forbidden_moose
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 07:27:39 PM »

I'm sure it was British, very very British. It kind of reminded me of Village of the Damned and The Dæmons from Doctor Who in tone.
forbidden_moose
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 07:34:59 PM »

I'm sure it was British, very very British. It kind of reminded me of Village of the Damned and The Dæmons from Doctor Who in tone.
It wasn't a musical either, so Brigadoon is right out.
Rayo Casablanca
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 09:10:00 PM »

Could 1 be DEMONS OF THE MIND (71)?
forbidden_moose
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 09:12:52 PM »

Could 1 be DEMONS OF THE MIND (71)?
I don't think so, sorry.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 03:48:42 PM »

Change the villains to witches and City of the Dead (1960) seems to fit for # 1.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
forbidden_moose
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 04:25:26 PM »

Change the villains to witches and City of the Dead (1960) seems to fit for # 1.
that wasn't it either, but it looks like an interesting film. Thnanks for the help thou. I love the UFO alien avatar too.
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 08:39:01 PM »

There were a lot of classic British anthology series in the 50s-60s - The Veil, Out of This World, Out of the Unknown, Mystery and Imagination...any chance you might have seen something from one of these for # 1?

forbidden_moose
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 11:57:33 PM »

There were a lot of classic British anthology series in the 50s-60s - The Veil, Out of This World, Out of the Unknown, Mystery and Imagination...any chance you might have seen something from one of these for # 1?
I saw it in Canada in the 70's one afternoon, maybe as part of the TVO channel. I remember three films (two of which I've identified: The Monolith Monsters, and Battle Beneath the Earth), but never the third which I can recall vividly.
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2012, 09:42:00 PM »

If it was in color and not black and white, you could be remembering one of the anthology stories for The Monster Club (1981)....for # 1.

Small | Large
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 01:00:09 PM by JaseSF » Logged

forbidden_moose
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2012, 04:03:08 PM »

If it was in color and not black and white, you could be remembering one of the anthology stories for The Monster Club (1981)....for # 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfrhZDOWt_4

I'm sure it was black and white. Thanks for helping me find it though.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  3 mystery movies: « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.