Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:34:52 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Baffling behaviors you witness often « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Baffling behaviors you witness often  (Read 13931 times)
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: September 16, 2012, 11:34:32 PM »

I see a LOT of people do this, and it's completely baffling to me.

Whenever they stop, they put their car in reverse.  I see this happen at stop signs, red lights, gas pumps, and even parking lots.  I've seen people start their car, set the parking brake, and put it in reverse while they load groceries in the trunk!

The only thing I can figure is that they think it's bad to let the car idle in drive. (???)  Even if that's the case, why don't they just put it in neutral?  Why reverse?

What examples can you all think of?

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 09:12:26 AM »

I've always found it a little baffling when people get on an elevator and push a button that has already been pushed by someone else.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 10:22:49 AM »

I've always found it a little baffling when people get on an elevator and push a button that has already been pushed by someone else.

...or while they're waiting for an elevator, they tap the "up" or "down" button repeatedly. As if that's going to make it come any faster.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 10:48:27 AM »

Old people in the middle of the road who believe that putting their hand up means that you cannot or will not hit them.  I have seen this over and over, and as recently as last week.

Example #1:  Driving down a road at approximately 25 mph.  An old man walks across the road in front of me (the crosswalk is a short ways away). He holds his hand up in the air, palm out toward me as I slam on the brakes.

Example #2:  Driving down a main entry lane of a parking lot at about 15 mph.  Old man moves out from between cars, apparently just spotting his vehicle on the opposite row.  He steps out in front of me, realizes that he has done so, then raises his hand up just as example #1 above.  I hit the brakes.

Example #3:  This was just last week.  I am driving down a long hill near Havre De Grace, MD at about 35-40 mph  As I come over a small rise in the road, I see an old man walking uphill in the middle of my lane.  He could be on the grass, but he is in the middle of the road.  He is holding his right hand up in the air, palm outboard toward me.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 02:25:11 PM »

People who seem to have no idea how a  4-way stop works. They come to a complete stop then simply drive on through,even if other cars are coming. I've seen so many near accidents and several pretty bad ones because of this. Lookingup

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 05:47:08 PM »

People who seem to have no idea how a  4-way stop works. They come to a complete stop then simply drive on through,even if other cars are coming. I've seen so many near accidents and several pretty bad ones because of this. Lookingup

Or they sit there and wave other people through who don't have the right of way, and generally cause more confusion and delay for everyone than if they'd just gone ahead. Want to be courteous? Then learn the rules and follow them consistently.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 09:53:53 PM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 08:20:32 PM »

The common folk dealing with atms.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 10:28:16 PM »

With two lanes going each way, with a turn lane, the people who stop in their lane (when there's no other reason to stop) and then wave on the person in the turn lane -- creating a pileup behind themselves so that the person who wants to turn can't see the flow of traffic (in the next lane, going probably 30-40 MPH) that will annihilate them if they attempt to do said proferred turn.

It's supposed to be courtesy?  The courtesy of proferred annihilation?  :)
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 12:20:25 PM »

Or they sit there and wave other people through who don't have the right of way, and generally cause more confusion and delay for everyone than if they'd just gone ahead. Want to be courteous? Then learn the rules and follow them consistently.

Oh,yes....I've seen that too much as well. Wink

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 12:49:11 PM »

Magical thinking of all sorts.An old example: tv viewers who, even when it's plain that the problem is at the station / network end, will continue to fiddle with the antenna, knobs, (or, insist that YOU do it) as if their sheer desire to "see their show" will somehow make it work.

Aren't we supposed to outgrow this?

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2012, 08:57:08 PM »

People who hit  malfunctioning machines hoping that somehow physical violence will make them function better.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2012, 03:10:53 PM »

* People who click their mouse about a dozen times in rapid succession when their computer freezes.

* People who hold up a check-out line at a store while they dig around in their pockets or purses to find exact change.

* People who hold up a check-out line at a store while they select individual scratch tickets: "Give me a $1 "Lucky Winners" ticket, a $2 "Big Bucks" ticket, a $5 "Set for Life" ticket, a $1 "Golden Fortune" ticket, a $1 "Mystery Cash" ticket . . . AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

* People who put on the turn signal in their car after they have started turning.

* People who have a favorite word and consistently use it incorrectly.  Years ago, I worked with a guy who could barely finish a sentence without saying the word "irregardless," when, of course, he should have said, "regardless."

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2012, 04:27:13 PM »

* People who hold up a check-out line at a store while they select individual scratch tickets: "Give me a $1 "Lucky Winners" ticket, a $2 "Big Bucks" ticket, a $5 "Set for Life" ticket, a $1 "Golden Fortune" ticket, a $1 "Mystery Cash" ticket . . . AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, I hate that one. The tickets all offer the same random chance of winning. Just grab anything. I'm standing there waiting to pay for a coffee while somebody is carefully picking tickets, then scratching them, then trading in the ones that won free tickets, then scratching the free tickets. And the cashier can't break away for two seconds to take my buck-fifty. Really, I'd like it if there was one kind of generic scratch ticket, with one box indicating prize or no prize. Quit pretending people are doing it for the fun of the stupid game. Then the rest of us might be able to pay for our actual shopping and get out faster.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
claws
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2012, 04:45:27 PM »

Whenever I take the bus downtown in summer, there is always some person who closes the window(s), even though its like 100 F outside and twice inside the bus.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2012, 05:50:43 PM »

It's even more baffling that they push them with their fingers.  I'm no germophobe and I don't have OCD, but I have to say that elevator buttons are the most filthy germ-ridden things ever.  Think of all the people who picked their noses, or a scab, or had their finger in their ass and then pressed that same elevator button.
I use my knuckle to press them and even then, I wash my hands after.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Baffling behaviors you witness often « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.