Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:12:22 AM
714401 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Baffling behaviors you witness often « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Baffling behaviors you witness often  (Read 14377 times)
Javakoala
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2012, 08:16:15 PM »

As a person on foot or bicycle (well, no bicycle now after my latest one wrecked twice and sensing worse than a bloody leg if it happened a 3rd time, I left by the Dumpster), I've come to hate most people in cars. Here are a few reasons:

1. I'm going downhill and am nearing a cross street (driveway, etc.) and while I have the right of way, I've seen people almost roll their vehicle to cut in front of me.

2. Going uphill (wheezing along every inch) I've seen the exact same maniacs from example 1 turn in front of me, but take their time and almost come to a complete stop while turning in front of me until I am forced to stop and put my foot down. THEN they take off like a scalded ape.

3. I'll see a vehicle coming up a side street I am nearing. Not wanting to be a hood ornament, I stop and put my feet down to show I'm not moving. The idiot will pull up past the STOP sign, glance over and see me and then back up and motion me across. Most of the time, I'm nowhere close to the corner, so their attempt at being courteous is pointless.

4. Why I don't take anyone up on the offer to cross in front of them stems from an idiot on a cell phone who waved me across one day. As I started to go, they rolled forward, so I stopped again. They waved me on again, only to start rolling when I did. I got off the bike and let it fall on its side on the sidewalk and just stared at the driver, who, after another bout of yammering on their cell phone, tried to motion me across again, saw what I had done and started shouting obscenities at me as they drove off.

We won't discuss drivers in parking lots. 99.98% of them just need to be shot.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2012, 10:19:17 PM »

One that is both baffling and annoying is when a driver who seems at least vaguely aware that you have the right of way proceeds anyway. I see this both as a driver and as a pedestrian, often at four-way stops, in parking lots or even at crosswalks. They don't just go barreling through, of course. They kind of crawl ahead slowly, not stopping but not exactly going either. You can't go ahead, because they aren't stopping. If you do start to move, they might slow down their crawl, but they still don't stop moving, so you hit your brakes again. I don't think it's deliberate intimidation, although it can seem like it at times. More that they just can't sit still and wait their turn, or maybe they have no clue who has the right of way and they're trying to tentatively stop and go at the same time while they watch what you do. In any case, you reach a point where they've encroached so much they are practically in your way and you have no choice but to yield.

And then these idiots will wave a "thank you" as they step on the gas, as if you kindly let them go first.

What the hell? The only reason I didn't go ahead was that they wouldn't freaking stop.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 10:24:09 PM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2012, 09:21:16 AM »

On another forum people frequently start threads saying "What do you guys think of Vendor X? I just spent $100 dollars at their site, are they any good?" This happens at least 2 or 3 times a week.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2012, 10:22:35 PM »

Cabbies almost running down pedestrians. Oh wait, that's too common. Hatred

yeah no.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Baffling behaviors you witness often « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.