Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:48:02 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Disney Buys LucasFilm « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Disney Buys LucasFilm  (Read 10719 times)
Pacman000
« on: October 30, 2012, 04:20:20 PM »

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/disney-buying-lucasfilm-4-05-billion-200845002--finance.html
 Buggedout
Ed, Ego and Superego
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 05:04:28 PM »

Nuts scooped...
http://www.wired.com/underwire/2012/10/disney-buys-lucasfilm/

I'm not a rabid fanboy, but this could go either way,

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 10:17:35 PM »

I don't see how they could mess up Star Wars any worse than how Lucas has already. 
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 10:53:36 PM »

I don't see how they could mess up Star Wars any worse than how Lucas has already. 

This. Without George Lucas Directing the only way they can go is up, And think of what Disney did to Marvel these last few years.

I'm actually a tad excited.

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 11:46:36 PM »

This. Without George Lucas Directing the only way they can go is up, And think of what Disney did to Marvel these last few years.

Hear, hear. I'd have been worried about Disney buying LucasFilm 15 years ago, but Lucas has since done at least as much damage as any giant corporation could have. Disney, for all its faults, at least treats its hit movies as timeless classics, while Lucas developed a weird obsession with fixing 30-year-old movies that people liked just fine.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 07:45:06 AM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
JoeTheDestroyer
Random Text Crapper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 11:58:16 PM »

This indeed.  They might (that is 'might') actually bring honor back to the franchise and get me interested in it again.

Latest reader review:
Crossbow (Atari 2600)
Latest staff reviews:
BC Racers (32X)
Dying Light (PS4)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 07:53:42 AM »

It says Lucas will be a "creative consultant" for future Star Wars movies. Hopefully that will be in the same way Gene Roddenberry became a consultant on the Star Trek franchise.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 08:04:12 AM »

Lucas said in a statement, "It's now time for me to pass 'Star Wars' on to a new generation of filmmakers."
Alas that thought didn't come before he made the prequels.   I seriously don't mind this at all.  They should go with the Grand Admiral Thrawn plotline. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 08:12:39 AM »

Maybe we'll finally get the unaltered versions of the original films on Blu ray.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 10:35:35 AM »

The question is, will this affect the Star Wars comics being published by Dark Horse?

Regardless, I'll wait and see what happens with this movie.  I'll for sure check it out, but I won't know what to really think until then.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2012, 11:57:56 AM »

It says Lucas will be a "creative consultant" for future Star Wars movies. Hopefully that will be in the same way Gene Roddenberry became a consultant on the Star Trek franchise.

Thankfully George Lucas is best with concepts and the like, so hopefully that's what it means.

Chainsawmidget
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2012, 12:04:02 PM »

The question is, will this affect the Star Wars comics being published by Dark Horse?

From a buisness point of view, I don't know why they would.  Disney owns Marvel comics, why liceance the book out to another company when they have their own. Besides, the first Star Wars comics were from Marvel anyway. 
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2012, 12:46:03 PM »

Hear, hear. I'd have been worried about Disney buying LucasFilm 15 years ago, but Lucas has since done at least as much damage as any giant corporation could have. Disney, for all its faults, at least treats its hit movies as timeless classics, while Lucas developed a weird obsession with fixing 30-year-old movies that people liked just fine.

I was a bit suprised at first but after some thought I think you're right. I've never liked his needless tinkering.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2012, 12:58:46 PM »

So far, Disney has not tried to "Disneyfy" Pixar or Marvel, and I believe they'll allow LucasFilm to keep its own unique flavor.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2012, 04:43:46 PM »

After readinga nd thinking onit, I'm cool with it... George's clunky dialogue, and frankly boring baqckstories may ge pushed back in favor of the good stuff.

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Disney Buys LucasFilm « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.