Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:13:52 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Darth Vader to be ressurected for sequels « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Darth Vader to be ressurected for sequels  (Read 8393 times)
Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« on: November 13, 2012, 07:55:49 AM »

Ya know, because the prequels werent bad enough.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/357610/Darth-Vader-to-be-resurrected

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 12:22:06 PM »

Considering the expanded Universe brought back the Emporer a few times, Boba Fett (after beign eaten alive), and Darth Maul (after he got chopped in half), I can't say I'm really surprised by this.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 01:03:13 PM »

Considering the expanded Universe brought back the Emporer a few times, Boba Fett (after beign eaten alive), and Darth Maul (after he got chopped in half), I can't say I'm really surprised by this.

Yeah, but I just can't see how they'll do it for Vader. The guy was not only cremated, but he's also not evil anymore. Even if they grow a clone of him and implant it with an earlier version of his memories, he'd be a whole person with working limbs and organs, not a disfigured cyborg in a mask. Maybe if they pull some kind of time travel or parallel universe BS, it might be possible, but I have my doubts there's any way they can pull this off that will not require the audience to be in a very charitable mood.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 02:19:27 PM »

I liked that final picture of Anakin Skywalker back where he belongs and the idea of bringing him back as Darth Vader is insulting and dumb. Thumbdown

« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 01:15:46 PM by tracy » Logged

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
dean

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 10:13:25 PM »

Well if theres any truth to it, which I certainly hope there isn't, this is just a bad start.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 07:08:50 PM »

“This is science fiction remember,” we’re told. “Darth Vader will rise from the ashes.”

Funny thing about science fiction is, there's science involved. It's not like we're talking comic book continuities here, the guy's gone. You can't just pull Darth Vader out of a hat and expect people to go along with it. "Science Fiction" does not equal "We are stupid, here is our money". If I may geek freely for a moment, when last we saw Vader, now forever known as Anikan Skybaaawwwwker, he was dead and had a severe case of being set on fire. Now the logical way to bring Anikan back would be as a Force ghost like with Obi-Wan, right?

But that doesn't appear to be what they mean here. They want Vader, they want the suit. So first they need to bring Anikan back from the dead. How are they going to do that? Can they extract DNA from his ashes? Did the Empire scoop up his severed limbs and keep them on ice just to have as an insurance policy? Even with that, there's no way they'd get Vader as a result because the only reason Anikan was put into the suit in the first place was because he was missing three of his limbs, has major internal damage, and another severe case of being set on fire.

If they bring back Vader in any way close to those, it isn't Vader. It's Ani in a suit. They just want the suit. Darth Vader I took very seriously. Anikan I didn't take seriously. Anikan only-in-a-suit, no.

Oh boy...  Drink

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2012, 07:22:36 PM »

"Science Fiction" does not equal "We are stupid, here is our money".

Actually, it might, sadly enough.

I'll make a prediction.  Whatever they do with this, it will make a heap-TON of money.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 06:13:39 PM »

"Science Fiction" does not equal "We are stupid, here is our money".

Actually, it might, sadly enough.

I'll make a prediction.  Whatever they do with this, it will make a heap-TON of money.

That's not the science fiction, that's the Star Wars Wink. Of course it'll make a load of cash regardless, it's still a question as to whether any of that cash will be mine.

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
Jim H

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 11:18:50 PM »

If he does come back...  I'm betting the empire will recreate Vader to use as a symbol - remember the empire would be in fragments, but still exist after the events of Jedi.  So they'll create a new Vader, who looks the same (but isn't actually Anakin), and use him as a figurehead to scare those he has previously crushed under boot.  That actually makes sense, as no one other than Luke saw him die or saw his body.

On another note, this is just a random anonymous person saying this from what I can tell.  So don't take it too seriously.
Pacman000
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 05:45:57 PM »

This would only work if they decided to make Splinter of the Mind's Eye into a movie.  Even then, I don't think it would work.  Who would play Luke?  Who would play Leia? 

Luckily, this seems to be a rumor, not an official statement. 
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 06:46:18 PM »

I suppose they do have about 18 years of Imperial rule that has not been shown. They could set some movies during the time when the Empire is mopping up the rest of the Jedi, the rebellion is getting organized, and the real Darth Vader was still the Emperor's chief henchman. Lots of potential there, come to think of it. We could see more of Boba Fett, meet young Han Solo and Lando Calrissian. R2-D2 and C-3PO could still be the common thread that runs through the story.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2012, 08:21:48 AM »

I know way back when, the plan was for the third trilogy to explore Luke's offspring. In other words, Star Wars Babies. Vader was no longer a part of things because he was restored to the Light Side as he died. The only characters that were to be in all nine movies were C3PO and R2D2. But now, with Disney in charge, I'm guessing all that may be out the window. Soooooo, I don't know--maybe Robo-Vader? He was half mechanical anyway. Then the only real problem would be that a droid couldn't use the Force. He could still be a symbol like Jim said, but they'll probably come up with something to outrage fans and bring him back as he was. Disney has the capability of doing something great with the material, but only time will tell if they will stay reasonably true to the original material or go off in some random direction that will make the prequels look good and nostalgia for Jar-Jar Binks sweep the nation.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2012, 04:23:35 PM »

That is only an insider's rumour at the moment. Nothing has been determined. Though, Darth Vader is such an iconic film character, I am sure that they are at least considering the idea of bringing him back. And here are some more suggestions/rumors being bandied about Hollywood.

No , , ,
Ewoks
Jar Jar Binks

Less . . .
Scenes shot in front of a green screen.
Scenes with the original characters from Episodes 4-6.

More . . .
Characters and scenes from the novels.
Characters and scenes from the Underground.

Most of these are so obvious. That a visually impaired man could see them. The only one I disagree with is "Characters and scenes from the Underground." Not of that struck me as being particularly interesting or noteworthy. Though, I would like to see Grand Admiral Thrawn make an appearance in any future film.

What do we do know . . .
Kathleen Kennedy has signed on to be executive producer.
Michael Arndt is to write the first one in the new series.
Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg are to write and produce the next two in the series. Though, it is not yet known which of them would do the second one, and which one would do the third one.
A bit of disappointment but Brad Bird, who was rumored to be the director of the first one in the new series, tweeted that is not going to happen.
That the Walt Disney Company bought the series not so much for the potential of the films, but for the merchandise potential.

And one final rumor . . .
After the nineth and what was thought to be the final film in 2019, the series may continue with a new film every two years into infinity and beyond.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2012, 02:39:17 PM »

That is only an insider's rumour at the moment. Nothing has been determined. Though, Darth Vader is such an iconic film character, I am sure that they are at least considering the idea of bringing him back. And here are some more suggestions/rumors being bandied about Hollywood.

No , , ,
Ewoks
Jar Jar Binks

Less . . .
Scenes shot in front of a green screen.
Scenes with the original characters from Episodes 4-6.

More . . .
Characters and scenes from the novels.
Characters and scenes from the Underground.

Most of these are so obvious. That a visually impaired man could see them. The only one I disagree with is "Characters and scenes from the Underground." Not of that struck me as being particularly interesting or noteworthy. Though, I would like to see Grand Admiral Thrawn make an appearance in any future film.

What do we do know . . .
Kathleen Kennedy has signed on to be executive producer.
Michael Arndt is to write the first one in the new series.
Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg are to write and produce the next two in the series. Though, it is not yet known which of them would do the second one, and which one would do the third one.
A bit of disappointment but Brad Bird, who was rumored to be the director of the first one in the new series, tweeted that is not going to happen.
That the Walt Disney Company bought the series not so much for the potential of the films, but for the merchandise potential.

And one final rumor . . .
After the nineth and what was thought to be the final film in 2019, the series may continue with a new film every two years into infinity and beyond.

We know who is going to write. We know who is going to produce. We even know who is going to executive produce. But, we don't know who is going to direct. Thus, it wasn't long before the rumors started hitting the Hollywood fan.  The newest rumor is that Jon Favreau and/or David Fincher are to direct the next films. They each may direct one of the upcoming films, and with Brad Bird, apparently, taking himself out of the running to direct, that may leave an opening for a third director.
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2012, 01:49:47 PM »

This would only work if they decided to make Splinter of the Mind's Eye into a movie.  Even then, I don't think it would work.  Who would play Luke?  Who would play Leia? 

Luckily, this seems to be a rumor, not an official statement. 

Not a bad book,actually.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Darth Vader to be ressurected for sequels « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.