Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:54:52 PM
714481 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Heart Attacks? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Heart Attacks?  (Read 15738 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2012, 06:46:35 AM »

I had a heart attack at the beginning of 2010.  I didn't even realize I was having one.  I had chest pains for two days, but I thought I just pulled a muscle or something.  I even spent some time snow-blowing my driveway while my heart attack was in progress.  Coincidentally, I had a routine physical the morning after the chest pains stopped.  I told my doctor about the pains and she ran some tests.  About 2 hours later she called me at work and told me to go to the emergency room because the tests shows that I had suffered a heart attack.  I ended up getting a cardiac catheterization, which showed that the blockage was in a narrow branch of an artery.  It was too narrow to insert a stent and I didn't need a bypass.  So, they just prescribed some pills.  Since then, I've been eating healthier and exercising and have lost more than 50 pounds.  Luckily, I suffered very little damage and am living a very normal life with no restrictions on physical activity.

That is almost EXACTLY what happened! I wstarted getting pains Monday morning-and it got real bad Wednesday-so bad I called 911.

When I was in high school, my father had basically the same experience that Burgomaster had. He had chest pains and ended up going to the hospital because, what the hey? It really freaked me out because they pulled me out of class with nothing more than "Your father has had a heart attack!"

So, it turned out that he had a minor infarction. "Minor" in any case should be translated as "Holy crap, I need to change things or I am just about to die."

My father was a habitual smoker for almost all of my life, and kind of overweight. Both things you should get rid of if you can.

There's a happy ending to this. After the heart attack, my father gave up smoking. No relapse or anything. Habitual smoker, heart attack, never smoked again.

That was almost 20 years ago. My father is alive to this day. Long story short, when your doctor prescribes a healthier lifestyle, TAKE IT. In fact, switching to a healthier lifestyle is something you should do right now. You do not want to find that you've been living unhealthily because you're sitting on the wrong side of a heart attack.

A heart attack is not necessarily the end of the world, but it's pretty close. Most of the time it is the end of your world, because the end result is the end result. But if you're willing to do the work and change, and the initial heart attack didn't end you, there's no reason that you can't go on living past the initial insult.

It does take a drastic reconstruction of your eating/smoking/drinking habits. But if you're willing to do that, it doesn't necessarily mean the end of your life.

I'll never drink a drop again in my LIFE. I had a 2 5ths of booze in my freezer-I poured 'em down the kitchen sink.
The smoking is gonna be a little harder.
The overweight thing will be easy-as I'm not overwight at all-and I get lotsa exercise on my job.
Healthy food-not a problem there....I dont eat fast food,drink soda pop but once in a blue moon-giving up Jujy Fruits will be hard.  Bluesad
I been ok this weekend-get tight in the chest if I do eo much-aint seen my doc yet-cuz of the dam holiday weekend...gonna go today.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
major jay
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2012, 10:09:46 AM »

You sound like a man on a mission. Thumbup
Why did you stick booze in the freezer?

Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2012, 01:42:29 PM »

To make it cold!

Hope all is well RC. 

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2012, 02:03:53 PM »

First of all....please talk to a doctor and let him help you. You're a great guy and I like you very much.
(((HUGS!!!)))

As for me,I had a mild heart attack on Palm Sunday in 2010. I'd gotten ready for church and I had really strong pain on the right side of my jaw so I told Alan I wanted to go to the emergency room. They tested me and said I hadn't had a heart attack but sent me down to Providence in Waco for a Heart Cath....after that was done Monday morning they informed me I had indeed had a mild heart attack. I had 5 blockages and two couldn't be fixed with stints so my Cardioligist decided to do 5 bypasses to fix the problem all at once. Since then I have really adjusted my diet and take a cholesterol pill along with a Niacin suppliment....working together they help the cholesterol globs stay very small and pass through without clogging up my veins.

Quitting smoking and most drinking would help you out as well. And don't panic if you start to feel pain....stay calm and take the Nitro. I realize staying calm is hard but this is a wake up call,sweetheart. Wink

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2012, 09:35:42 AM »

To make it cold!

Aye aye,Captain,Bligh!
First of all....please talk to a doctor and let him help you. You're a great guy and I like you very much.
(((HUGS!!!)))

As for me,I had a mild heart attack on Palm Sunday in 2010. I'd gotten ready for church and I had really strong pain on the right side of my jaw so I told Alan I wanted to go to the emergency room. They tested me and said I hadn't had a heart attack but sent me down to Providence in Waco for a Heart Cath....after that was done Monday morning they informed me I had indeed had a mild heart attack. I had 5 blockages and two couldn't be fixed with stints so my Cardioligist decided to do 5 bypasses to fix the problem all at once. Since then I have really adjusted my diet and take a cholesterol pill along with a Niacin suppliment....working together they help the cholesterol globs stay very small and pass through without clogging up my veins.

Quitting smoking and most drinking would help you out as well. And don't panic if you start to feel pain....stay calm and take the Nitro. I realize staying calm is hard but this is a wake up call,sweetheart. Wink

I sure hope they dont halfta open me up...that scares the hell outta me!

Hope all is well RC. 

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2012, 05:00:25 PM »

Take care of your heart RC I know I've been trying to do a better job of taking care of mine (I'm told by the doctor I have one, but most people disagree). Not getting any younger you know...

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2012, 05:56:08 PM »

Eight years ago last month my dad went to the hospital, thinking he was having a heart attack. Turns out some crazy chick he dated tried to poison him. Shrug. A day in the life...

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2012, 05:20:26 PM »

Dammit Ronnie we want you to stick around for a long time: make that appointment.

Of course it is scary!  Knowing exactly what your condition is and how to deal with it HAS TO BE better than not knowing.  Getting the information and advice and following it are the first steps to becoming healthier and stronger.  The sooner the better.  Living with the fears is only going to increase your stress level; not to mention it is just plain torture!

Make that appointment, ask plenty of questions and be good!    

Newt's right my friend, don't pass start and collect your 200 bucks..go straight to the doctor!
Why?
 Because as one whose life was recently saved from the test I got before it was too late,  (but for a totally different condition)  I will totally agree that knowing is better than NOT knowing. Knowledge definitely is power...

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2012, 05:39:58 PM »

Dammit Ronnie we want you to stick around for a long time: make that appointment.

Of course it is scary!  Knowing exactly what your condition is and how to deal with it HAS TO BE better than not knowing.  Getting the information and advice and following it are the first steps to becoming healthier and stronger.  The sooner the better.  Living with the fears is only going to increase your stress level; not to mention it is just plain torture!

Make that appointment, ask plenty of questions and be good!    

Newt's right my friend, don't pass start and collect your 200 bucks..go straight to the doctor!
Why?
 Because as one whose life was recently saved from the test I got before it was too late,  (but for a totally different condition)  I will totally agree that knowing is better than NOT knowing. Knowledge definitely is power...

Well-I went to the cardiologist on Dec.4....just got out of the hospital today after having a quadriple (that's 4-count,em,-4 bypass. I'm gonna be outta work for a while-so I guess I get to hang out here and bug you guys during the day!  Wink

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2012, 01:00:28 AM »

Well-I went to the cardiologist on Dec.4....just got out of the hospital today after having a quadriple (that's 4-count,em,-4 bypass. I'm gonna be outta work for a while-so I guess I get to hang out here and bug you guys during the day!  Wink

You can bug us all you like but: OMG: A quadruple bypass?? I hope all is well and PLEASE take care of yourself, Ronny  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2012, 08:27:12 AM »

Buggedout  I am SO GLAD you let the 'mechanics' look after you Ronnie!   It's a win-win: you got fixed up and we not only get to keep you, but we also get an RC posting fest while you recover!   Thumbup  Take care, young man.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2012, 08:41:30 AM »

Take care of yourself RC.  Don't strain that heart.  No loving for the next three weeks, then just light affection!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2012, 10:21:35 AM »

Rest up and take it easy during recovery.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2012, 11:15:38 AM »

Good to hear you got that all taken care of and it turned out well RC  Thumbup Now take it easy...and watch some crummy movies and tell us about them Smile

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
major jay

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2012, 11:47:05 AM »

Glad to hear the surgery went well.

Now take it easy...and watch some crummy movies and tell us about them Smile

RC's Road To Recovery Reviews.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Heart Attacks? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.