Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:25:43 PM
714483 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  One Marvel film I am thoroughly disgusted with. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: One Marvel film I am thoroughly disgusted with.  (Read 11234 times)
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« on: November 30, 2012, 02:33:12 PM »

Many of you know I hate films with reality flaws that drive people to do stupid things.  But what I hate just as much are films that don't stick to the original plot line of a previous story.

One film that does that is Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer.  I was pretty much excited when I saw the trailers for this film.  But after seeing the film, I was deeply disappointed.

Why?  They changed the storyline completely.  They deleted 2 of the characters from the original story, added a character who wasn't in the original story and thoroughly eviscerated the story.

One character they took out was Uatu, The Watcher.  Why wasn't he in the story. In the original story he comes to Earth to warn of the coming of Galactus.

Another character they took out was Galactus himself.  Don't tell me he was in it because he was not.  He was only talked about by the Silver Surfer and The Fantastic Four.  But when we go into space to see him, what do we see?  NOTHING BUT A DAMN FIREBALL!!!!

Also, why did the producers take the liberty of removing the Ultimate Nullifier which the Fantastic Four uses to turn Galactus away?  That thoroughly destroyed the story for me.

I swear if I were Stan Lee, I would never again allow the people who made FF:ROTSS to touch any Marvel material again.

Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer is the 7th worst film of all for me.

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 02:38:16 PM »

Yeah, "Silver Surfer" was not a very good effort.

On the other hand, it had Jessica Alba wearing skintight spandex. So I was entertained, even if it was for the wrong reasons.  TeddyR

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 03:00:32 PM »

I thought we were going to talk about Man-Thing for a minute. 

You want a bad Marvel movie, track that down.  It makes Rise of the Silver Surfer looks like a masterpiece. 

(Although frankly, I didn't think Rise was a bad movie, but a medicore one that could have defiantly been improved by actually using Galactus as a character.)
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 03:36:17 PM »

I agree...this film was a big disappointment for me. Story and characters were pretty screwed up.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 03:52:39 PM »

I thought we were going to talk about Man-Thing for a minute. 

You want a bad Marvel movie, track that down.  It makes Rise of the Silver Surfer looks like a masterpiece. 

(Although frankly, I didn't think Rise was a bad movie, but a medicore one that could have defiantly been improved by actually using Galactus as a character.)

MAN-THING was made by the Sci-Fi Channel; what'd you expect?

Then, there's THIS....

Small | Large

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 03:59:52 PM »

I actually liked Nick Fury.

the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 10:54:23 PM »

Maybe they thought Galactus was too flamboyantly gay for the general audience.   BounceGiggle

« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 10:56:50 PM by the ghoul » Logged
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 03:35:12 AM »

But what I hate just as much are films that don't stick to the original plot line of a previous story.
wow, for the first time ever I can actually empathise with WyreWiz. I haven't seen this film but I can definitely understand why that would be annoying.

but...this suggests your other posts weren't trolling attempts, which is pretty mindblowing

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2012, 05:53:49 AM »

But what I hate just as much are films that don't stick to the original plot line of a previous story.

wow, for the first time ever I can actually empathise with WyreWiz. I haven't seen this film but I can definitely understand why that would be annoying.

but...this suggests your other posts weren't trolling attempts, which is pretty mindblowing

Hitler had a dog....his dog loved him. Smile

« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 06:01:34 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2012, 12:18:05 PM »

Maybe they thought Galactus was too flamboyantly gay for the general audience.   BounceGiggle

Flamboyantly gay?  I disagree.  They lavished The Silver Surfer with so much attention and detail, why couldn't they do the same with Galactus?

Tell me this, how would you feel if they made a movie about your life and the only representation of you in the film was a fireball?

To me, Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Silver is nothing more than a big "F*** You!" to Marvel Fans from  Avi Arad, Bernd Eichinger and Ralph Winter.

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
Conf
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2012, 01:28:30 PM »

The Galactus of the movie was based on the Ultimate universe's version, not the Earth-616 one.
Anyway, no cinecomic has ever adapted a comic-book storyline straight to the last detail, and rightly so. That material is used as a base to expand upon, but keep in mind that comics and movies are two very different media. That said, both the F4 movies were utterly crappy, but we had worse (Man-Thing, Elektra, Ghost Rider...).
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2012, 03:22:16 PM »

I actually liked Nick Fury.

Then you might like this.

Nick Fury (voiced by Chi McBride) will be a continuing character in the animated TV series "Ultimate Spider Man" on Disney XD in 2013.

Nick Fury (played by Samuel L. Jackson) will appear in the theatrical film "Captain America: the Winter Soldier" in 2014.

Nick Fury (played by Samuel L. Jackson) will appear in the theatrical film "Avengers 2" in 2015.

And Nick Fury (played by Samuel L. Jackson) will get his own theatrical film "Nick Fury." No release date given.

And then there was Joss Whedon's "S.H.I.E.L.D." for ABC in 2013. Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury is not scheduled to appear in it yet, but I can't imagine he won't make at least one guest appearance.
JoeTheDestroyer
Random Text Crapper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2012, 03:50:18 PM »

I still thought it was better than the first F4 movie.

Latest reader review:
Crossbow (Atari 2600)
Latest staff reviews:
BC Racers (32X)
Dying Light (PS4)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2012, 04:03:20 PM »

Tell me this, how would you feel if they made a movie about your life and the only representation of you in the film was a fireball?

That would be FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ChaosTheory

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2012, 05:30:19 PM »

I still thought it was better than the first F4 movie.

I did too, although neither was what I'd call good.

The one thing I'll say in favor of the F4 movies is Michael Chiklis was well-cast as Bryan/Thing and I appreciated that they put him in Thing makeup instead of  completely CG-ing him.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  One Marvel film I am thoroughly disgusted with. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.