Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:53:47 AM
712928 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Heart Attacks? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Heart Attacks?  (Read 15366 times)
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2012, 09:37:31 PM »

Dammit Ronnie we want you to stick around for a long time: make that appointment.

Of course it is scary!  Knowing exactly what your condition is and how to deal with it HAS TO BE better than not knowing.  Getting the information and advice and following it are the first steps to becoming healthier and stronger.  The sooner the better.  Living with the fears is only going to increase your stress level; not to mention it is just plain torture!

Make that appointment, ask plenty of questions and be good!    

Newt's right my friend, don't pass start and collect your 200 bucks..go straight to the doctor!
Why?
 Because as one whose life was recently saved from the test I got before it was too late,  (but for a totally different condition)  I will totally agree that knowing is better than NOT knowing. Knowledge definitely is power...

Well-I went to the cardiologist on Dec.4....just got out of the hospital today after having a quadriple (that's 4-count,em,-4 bypass. I'm gonna be outta work for a while-so I guess I get to hang out here and bug you guys during the day!  Wink

Well, that's OK, because you're in our custody now and we'll make sure you behave (well, somewhat anyhow  Wink) and I hope you enjoy your rest! 
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2012, 03:50:16 PM »

Well-I went to the cardiologist on Dec.4....just got out of the hospital today after having a quadriple (that's 4-count,em,-4 bypass. I'm gonna be outta work for a while-so I guess I get to hang out here and bug you guys during the day!  Wink
Best to you, Ron.  I'm glad you got through it. 
We all love you. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2012, 06:18:32 PM »

Man, Ronnie, sorry to hear about the surgery, but glad it went well.  Now behave yourself, obey doctor's orders,
and GET WELL!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2012, 06:04:44 PM »

I'm 28, and I turn 29 on Feb. 28, 2013.

I drink a couple nights a week (usually 3 nights a week, with a good amount of beer.) I work in a restaurant and eat there numerous times a week (fried chicken, burgers, onion rings, etc.)

A history of drug use, and I've noticed a few times recently tightness in my chest and shortness of breath.

I'm scared sh*tless.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2012, 01:50:18 AM »

I drink a couple nights a week (usually 3 nights a week, with a good amount of beer.) I work in a restaurant and eat there numerous times a week (fried chicken, burgers, onion rings, etc.)

A history of drug use, and I've noticed a few times recently tightness in my chest and shortness of breath.

I'm scared sh*tless.

Well, don't be scared s**tless.

If you have good health insurance, by all means see your doctor and see what he says.

However, creating a healthy life-style for yourself is never a bad idea. There are two things you can do immediately that will turn your life around.

One, pay attention to what you eat. You don't have to go gonzo vegan. Just pay attention to what you eat. I'm increasingly disgusted with "nutritionists" selling complicated eating plans. The best advice I ever heard is this: "Eat what you want. Not too much. Mostly plants." If you can do that, you are ahead of the game.

The second piece of advice, and I find this the more important one. Exercise. You don't need to enter into some boring exercise plan where you run a treadmill three times a week. But you should just get yourself out there and do things that will make you sweaty. It doesn't matter what it is, just get out there and do things that will make you out of breath. Run, ride a bike, kick a soccer ball around. Just get out and exercise.

The human body is incredibly complicated, but it's complicated to keep you alive no matter what you do. Eat right and exercise. It's not a universal panacea, but it's the closest you can approach. It really is not any more complicated that that. Eat right and exercise.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2012, 01:15:07 PM »

I'm scared sh*tless.

Not sure where I heard it, but it's also said that the shortness of breath is also a sign
of either type 1 or 2 diabetes. In terms of cardiac issues though, I believe it could either be signs of potential congestive heart failure or a condition called angioedema which also includes (but not limited to) swollen joints as well, indicating water retention, which places stress upon the heart as it pumps harder as a result.

Or so I have read...hope I'm right on this medical info, but if not, my apologies.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2012, 03:09:12 PM »

As soon as I get paid I'm scheduling some appointments. I've no insurance at the moment so any office visits and/or testing is quite expensive.

Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2012, 03:42:43 PM »

As soon as I get paid I'm scheduling some appointments. I've no insurance at the moment so any office visits and/or testing is quite expensive.

Well we're wishing you luck, mate  Cheers

Sadly, insurance is affordable for only some while the rest of us have to jones it.

Even sadder is that some insurance companies WON'T pay because thier main goal is to increase profits for their shareholders. I'm not saying anything new here, but insurance companies are always a tricky slope because it'll be a cold day in hell before they shell out for anything.  Bluesad
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2012, 07:57:14 PM »

I had insurance at one point.

Wish I still did, cause you're screwed without.

Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2012, 09:16:53 PM »

I had insurance at one point.

Wish I still did, cause you're screwed without.

Yeah, it's sad that profits come over people these days and it seems that that's never gonna' change  Bluesad
Hammock Rider
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2013, 01:57:38 PM »

So whatever happened with your shortness of breath HG?

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Heart Attacks? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.