Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:05:32 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Shooting at Elementary school, 27 confirmed dead. ._____. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Shooting at Elementary school, 27 confirmed dead. ._____.  (Read 19681 times)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« on: December 14, 2012, 03:26:19 PM »

http://gma.yahoo.com/breaking-conn-school-district-locked-down-shooting-report-151955384--abc-news-topstories.html

A sad day in the United States, and where I say that we should put more weight on selling guns.

my thoughts goes out to those who died at the hands of the crazed killer. •▬•

yeah no.
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 04:20:59 PM »

This really breaks my heart....innocent children and adults just trying to start their day of learning. Why do they have to kill others to make whatever point they want to make? I have to wonder if they send out signals that people around them ignore. Were they abused or bullied? Killing innocents is never....NEVER...the answer!

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 06:17:07 PM »

Well said, Tracy.

This is a horrible thing.  I know it is an easy, knee-jerk reaction to blame the guns.
But this is America.  We have always had guns.  When I was in high school, during
deer season, every single truck in the parking lot had a rifle or shotgun riding in the
gun rack.  I went to a rough high school.  There was a lot of drug abuse, a huge disparity
of incomes between rich and poor, and fist fights on a frequent basis.  But we NEVER
shot each other.  This is not about guns.  There is something profoundly wrong with
our society that new handgun laws will never change.  My best friend, a sociology major,
blames the de-institutionalization of the mentally ill.  Maybe that is a part of it - there
are a lot of borderline ticking time bombs walking around that used to be locked up,
apparently.  But is that all?  Why is it, when overall violent crime is at a 40 year low,
that there seems to be this sudden increase in 'spree killings'?

I guess these are unanswerable questions.  But my heart breaks for all those poor children
and their families.

What is wrong with us? Bluesad

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 06:24:31 PM »

It must mean something. Why did this person decide to do this?
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 06:52:06 PM »

This is incredibly sad.

Bluesad Bluesad Bluesad

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
akiratubo

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 07:02:41 PM »

Wanted to kill his mother, apparently.  Why all the kids, though?  Just for the attention, probably.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 07:34:55 PM »

Well said, Tracy.

This is a horrible thing.  I know it is an easy, knee-jerk reaction to blame the guns.
But this is America.  We have always had guns.  When I was in high school, during
deer season, every single truck in the parking lot had a rifle or shotgun riding in the
gun rack.  I went to a rough high school.  There was a lot of drug abuse, a huge disparity
of incomes between rich and poor, and fist fights on a frequent basis.  But we NEVER
shot each other.  This is not about guns.  There is something profoundly wrong with
our society that new handgun laws will never change.  My best friend, a sociology major,
blames the de-institutionalization of the mentally ill.  Maybe that is a part of it - there
are a lot of borderline ticking time bombs walking around that used to be locked up,
apparently.  But is that all?  Why is it, when overall violent crime is at a 40 year low,
that there seems to be this sudden increase in 'spree killings'?

I guess these are unanswerable questions.  But my heart breaks for all those poor children
and their families.

What is wrong with us? Bluesad

In regards to de-institutionalization, I do think that's part of the problem. The other part being that it's still not easy to get access to good mental health services or even support within the community (hell, finding support in your own home can be difficult enough), especially if you're poor or unemployed. Throw in stuff like this contributing to the social stigma that comes with mental illness, and...yeah, it's not a pretty picture. The only part I'd say guns have to play in these sprees is simply that they make it easier to hurt and kill more people more quickly than, say, a knife. Guns don't kill people, but a variety of unfortunate circumstances can bring someone to a point where picking up a gun and hurting either themselves or others seems like a good idea.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 08:49:23 PM »

Can we please not politicalize this?

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 09:10:21 PM »

A terrible day for our country, I am heartbroken. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 09:31:41 PM »

This may have had more of an impact on me than 9-11.   Im devestated by the news.    Bluesad

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2012, 10:05:50 PM »

My two sons are in the same age group as the kids in that school (one is in kindergarten, the other in 4th grade) so this news hit particularly close for my wife and I. I've spent the bulk of the day feeling like I'm either going to cry or barf.

If there is a Hell, I hope the shooter is roasting in the deepest, darkest pit of it as I type this.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2012, 11:22:12 PM »

God help us. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2012, 12:10:43 AM »

I wasn't trying to politicize it, and if it came across that way I apologize.  I am just still in shock.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

I'm no hero, never was. I'm just an old killer.

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2012, 01:30:04 AM »

I'm with bob. It's bad enough having to see this again be blamed on Mass Effect or other typical scapegoats.

This space free, since Photobucket is on dust.

PSN ID: A_Dubya13
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2012, 03:08:20 AM »

I'm having trouble sleeping, I can't stop thinking about this.

Bluesad  Bluesad  Bluesad

The world changed today and now grade schools are one less place people will feel completely safe at.

The spy/salon 40 minutes from my house in Brookfield, the temple 20 minutes from my house in Oak Creek, the theater in Colorado, a mall in Oregon and now this. These type of shootings have taken place way much year.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Shooting at Elementary school, 27 confirmed dead. ._____. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.