Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:07:06 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Shooting at Elementary school, 27 confirmed dead. ._____. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Shooting at Elementary school, 27 confirmed dead. ._____.  (Read 19686 times)
JoeTheDestroyer
Random Text Crapper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2012, 03:40:07 AM »

This is a definite tragedy, and it doesn't make the prospect of sending my own son off to school in a few years easier to deal with.   Bluesad

Latest reader review:
Crossbow (Atari 2600)
Latest staff reviews:
BC Racers (32X)
Dying Light (PS4)
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2012, 12:30:00 PM »

I don't think this is political....I think that through movies,television and video games people have become desensitized to killing and death.  "Just pick up a gun and solve your problems". No....I'm not for more gun control but a gun is so much less personal than a knife or a beating. It somehow distances the killer from the victim. I don't know why that is but,for goodness sakes,don't let this allow people to take our guns away.
Sorry...no more politics.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2012, 02:28:57 PM »

I don't think this is political....I think that through movies,television and video games people have become desensitized to killing and death.  "Just pick up a gun and solve your problems". No....I'm not for more gun control but a gun is so much less personal than a knife or a beating. It somehow distances the killer from the victim. I don't know why that is but,for goodness sakes,don't let this allow people to take our guns away.
You almost had me there, Trace.  You're a good lady

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2012, 12:49:29 PM »

Good post, Tracy. You mention the natural fear many law-abiding citizens have at this point, that new gun laws will be borne simply out of partisan politics, w\o any regard to or for the lawfully owning citizens among us.

Right now, the last thing we need is for the lawmakers to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Well-thought-out common sense measures must strike a balance between public safety and the maintenance of Constitutional rights.

Looking back, the Colorado Movie House massacre could have been prevented, or at least the threat could have been reduced...online sales of guns and ammo should have been banned in the first place. In-store-sales only.  This way, the dealer could have seen the buyer face-to-face, and, realizing the size of the order he placed, could have called the police for questioning.  Noone needs 3 weapons or 1,000+rounds at a a single time.

Right now, cooler heads must prevail, and in such a politically charged arena as THIS one, this will be a true challenge for both parties to work together on an issue that has, in the past, become very ugly when it came down to brass tacks.
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2012, 12:54:11 PM »

BTW, folks-my last post wasn't meant to politicize. if I offended anyone, I sincerely apologize.   
Umaril
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2012, 09:06:21 PM »

I think you struck a very reasonable and well-stated position that makes a great deal of sense.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2012, 09:11:40 PM »

I think you struck a very reasonable and well-stated position that makes a great deal of sense.

Well, that makes me happy to know, and thanks Indy.
Already as we speak the left-wing knee-jerkers are calling for a gun-free country and as I said, cooler heads need to prevail, and personal agendas have to avoid trumping peoples' rights. Good luck with that one...
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2012, 09:46:12 PM »

Can't we just outlaw automatic guns, I mean I can see pistols, a little bit of shot guns, but not automatic guns.

yeah no.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2012, 12:19:04 AM »

What happened at this school is way beyond sad and way beyond being able to be explained away. Bluesad Bluesad Also, President Obama's speech at the high school was not that of a President at all but that of a father. 
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 02:37:07 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2012, 01:34:54 PM »

Can't we just outlaw automatic guns, I mean I can see pistols, a little bit of shot guns, but not automatic guns.

Agreed.  However, the problem here is that in many states, there are "gray areas" with a lack of explicit standards with which to define an assault weapon.

That said, this allows agenda-driven lawmakers to lump many NON assault weapons into the assualt weapons category based solely on personal whims and subjective basis.

This quote from the case of Papachristou vs. The City of Jacksonville says it all:

"Vague statutes offend due process by failing to provide explicit standards for those who enforce them thus allowing arbitrary and dicrimintatory enforcement."

Gun ownership is still a hotly debated and divisive argument. And it dosen't help when you have people ready to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Again, balance has to be struck or else the new laws will mean nothing.
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2012, 02:09:49 PM »

Sadly,whether we want it to or not this is rapidly becoming a political issue. The gun control lobby and people in Congress that want stricter laws are going to use this. Alan and I were talking to a veteran yesterday and I have to agree with him....people who want to kill will get guns somehow or use another weapon. I think that Congress should not use this tragedy as a focus for their own agendas. I think this was a very deep wound to America's trust and working it around to politics cheapens it. Besides,as that gentleman said,it isn't the guns that kill....it's sick people.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
akiratubo

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2012, 02:20:35 PM »

Noone needs 3 weapons or 1,000+rounds at a a single time.

Except that's not a very large order.  Papaw would routinely buy well over 1000 rounds at a time to replenish his stash after shooting at crows, coyotes, feral hogs, and the like, plus just shooting at targets for practice and fun.  And three guns at a time isn't a big deal either for, say, a collector or just someone wanting to buy his kids their first guns.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2012, 04:03:23 PM »

Can we please not politicalize this?

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2012, 09:14:33 PM »

I have decided that every school campus needs to have at least one, and in larger schools, two or three personnel who are trained to use weapons and required to maintain decent proficiency with them.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2012, 10:51:47 PM »

Well those a***ole @ the Westboro Baptist Church was gonna picket the funeral for the victims, however, the Anonymous group has hacked into the system and gave out personal info from the WBC members, plus the WBC has been official now been labelled as a hate group from We the People petitioning to label them as such.

The number is growing still, I heard it was up to 83K+
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 10:54:38 PM by El Misfit » Logged

yeah no.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Shooting at Elementary school, 27 confirmed dead. ._____. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.