Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 09:04:05 AM
712939 Posts in 53041 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Video Game(s) you hold close to your heart « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Video Game(s) you hold close to your heart  (Read 22786 times)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« on: December 21, 2012, 09:13:52 PM »

Okay, there are good video games, and then there's the ones where you love that you hold dearly to your heart. What are they, Don't be shy now.

Here's mine:

These two were the first video games that I owned on a console.

yeah no.
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 12:18:57 AM »

The original Doom

Devil's Crush for Turbografx 16

Splatterhouse 3 for Sega Genesis

WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 12:32:22 AM »

Golden Axe

I own several versions of this game on several different consoles. 

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 12:36:47 AM »

MORROWIND introduced me to the wonderful world of the Elder Scrolls. I still play it sometimes.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 02:28:05 AM »

Exciting Hour (AKA Mat Mania). When I was in high school, a little sandwich shop in my hometown had one in the back. I have fond memories of walking downtown with a friend or two after dinner on a school night, and dropping a bunch of quarters into that thing. Some nights, there'd be a bunch of guys there (the store finally imposed a limit of six) and the quarters would be lined up. They had a couple of other games I enjoyed, but this was my favourite, and it's still the only wrestling/fighting game I've really enjoyed. Nice balance of simple gameplay and simple controls (two buttons and a stick) with lots of cool moves you could do. Also a fun anime style, with humorous audience members and some "Engrish" that made me smile. When I started playing around with MAME a few years back, this was the first game I tried, and I still had all the moves down, 20 years after I last played it. As soon as that music started, it was like I was transported back to 1985. Big nostalgia trip.
Small | Large
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 02:31:19 AM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
claws
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 02:37:15 AM »

Phantasy Star

Small | Large

Brings back lots of great memories. We were never able to play it all the way through but we had fun trying.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 05:12:55 AM »

Time Pilot '84.

I grew up in Juneau, Alaska, and while there were several attempts at real arcades, it never really happened. This game was one of the few machines down at the one of two cinemas in my town. I played the hell out of it. I still think it's a fantastic game.

The other? The Lord of the Rings Pinball machine. One thing about me, I love pinball. Let me amend that with capital letters, I LOVE pinball. I know it's a dying art, but when I was attending ASU, they had the this machine in their fairly p**s-poor arcade. I played quite a lot of it, and I got very good at it. So much so that is one of the few pinball machines I almost managed to beat at it's mini-games.

If I ever had $5000 of truly disposable income, I would make this machine a center-point of my house. I can still track the ball-projectories in my mind. (Sadly, pinball machines are very hard to upkeep, and I never got to go back and reap my victory.)

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 01:07:21 PM »

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: The Arcade Game

WWF No Mercy

Earthworm Jim

Super Mario 3

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2012, 01:21:17 PM »

Okay, there are good video games, and then there's the ones where you love that you hold dearly to your heart. What are they, Don't be shy now.

Here's mine:

And I still have the original copy, though it's a bit scratched. Still playable! Cheers Mind you, I got it back in '03; I'm also replaying it. Smile

yeah no.
Pacman000
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2012, 03:29:44 PM »

Pac-Man (Atari 2600) It's not the best version of the game, in fact it's probably the worst. Still, it was the first game I played at home.
fulci420
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2012, 03:56:58 PM »

Not a big video game guy anymore but a couple stand out as all time favorites.

Doom-Spent a lot of my childhood playing this game. I haven't played in a few years but I can still recall some of that awesome music.

Earthbound-I used to rent this over and over again in my snes days. I never even get that far in this game but I remember being entranced by the plot, music and characters of this game.

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas-The only video game I still regularly play, it pretty much never leaves my ps2. The rest of the series is great but for me this is the best video game of all time. I've beat all the missions countless times but have just as much fun doing the side things and just driving around. I tried GTA4 and despite it's clear graphical superiority it just never felt nearly as fun to me.
ChaosTheory

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2012, 01:03:13 PM »

Xevious
Frogger
Duck Hunt - first at-home game I played
Super Mario 3
Mario Kart
Star Wars Force Unleashed - not nostalgic obviously, but I love it because you just tear sh*t up.  My favorite blowing-off-stress game.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2012, 01:25:31 PM »

Mario Kart (especially the SNES)
Fallout 1 and 2
System Shock 2
Gauntlet (original 4 player arcade)
Avengers (4 player Arcade) "Why should it Goes well?"
Discsof Tron (stand inside arcade game)

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2013, 10:01:08 PM »

During the 90's there was a glut of fighting games released in the wake of Street Fighter 2 and Mortal Kombat.  Some managed to carve out their own niche and become legit franchises in their own right, some became cult classics, but most became one shot quick money grabs.  There is one game of that time I hold close to my heart.

Primal Rage.  What's awesome about this game?  More like what wasn't awesome. Rather then humans, you played as giant apes and dinosaurs.  The characters where created using stop-motion. So it was like playing King Kong vs Gwangi. You could restore health by eating human worshipers. And best of all-this was the only fighting game we ever owned where I could constantly defeat my older brother.

This game seems to exist in a place between main stream and cult classic. I know people who knew about it. Plenty didn't like it-but it was popular enough to spawn toys and (as far as I know)one issue comic book. A sequel got to beta testing, but wasn't released.  Sadly this game was a  victim of the over reaction censor ship that soon followed Mortal Kombat's release.  I really want a reboot of this franchise.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 10:03:57 PM by WingedSerpent » Logged

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2013, 12:12:24 PM »

I gotta' say that one game that I really liked back in the day was Splatterhouse 2. One of the parts Iliked was just for the music alone.

This is Level 3-The River Of Death. The music track was a big fave of mine. Listen to the music as our hero is crossing the river.

o2-e8lGY5bU
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Video Game(s) you hold close to your heart « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.