Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:41:16 PM
714474 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Video Game(s) you hold close to your heart « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Video Game(s) you hold close to your heart  (Read 23209 times)
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2013, 02:47:39 PM »

My all-time fave has to be Dig Dug.  It now sits in my living room, unfortunately not currently working.
Mr. Do, which is similar, I also liked a lot.
Crazy Climber was another one I played a lot back in the day and have fond memories of going to Malibu Gran Prix pretty often to play that one.

For home systems, I still love Starflight for the Genesis, Night Trap, Lunar and Road Avenger for the Sega CD, Wild Arms and Castlevania SOTN for the Playstation and Resident Evil 4 for Playstation 2.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2013, 06:17:59 PM »

Night Trap

Holly crap, you actually played that game, despite all of the controversy? That's awesome! :D

yeah no.
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2013, 07:09:09 PM »

Night Trap

Holly crap, you actually played that game, despite all of the controversy? That's awesome! :D

There was a game before Night Trap that was way more controversial, and it's name was Chiller.  The game was banned and apparently the censors had a problem with a light-gun game that involved a torture dungeon. D6ZRfMp4yKM
retrorussell

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2013, 09:44:10 PM »

We need a new thread concerning controversial games!

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2013, 01:34:02 PM »

We need a new thread concerning controversial games!

Hear, hear!  Cheers

I played Chiller when I was at Funspot (Wiers beach, NH) and found that it was, aside form being delightfully twisted, also one of the many shooter games that was from Exidy. Exidy also made Crossbow, Cheyenne, and a few other minor shooters that didn't really take the spotlight. 

They did, however, make the absolutely fun treasure-hunting hitVenture, that was easily the best game about a smiling bouncy ball armed with a bow and arrow  BounceGiggle
voltron

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2013, 04:51:38 PM »

LOVED Airbourne Ranger, the C64 game....

Small | Large

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2013, 12:47:52 PM »

LOVED Airbourne Ranger, the C64 game....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ugz2r4A3SY

Well what a' ya know? I had that for my C64 too! I also had Project:Stealth Fighter, Gunship, and Arctic Fox to name a few. I remember those long days when it took like X-amount of hours for the game to load and having the C-64 as hot as a firecracker at the end of the gaming session. To be fair, however, some of the sessions lasted way longer than they should have  BounceGiggle
Couchtr26

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2013, 07:30:07 PM »

Probably

Sword of the Samurai by Microprose.  It is a simple strategy game set in Japan.  You must become Shogun through many different ways combat, blackmail, or just being the best.  Well, technically combat and conquest is the only way but first you must become Daimyo and there are many ways to reach that goal. 

Smash TV - there is something about the mindless carnage and running and gunning with prizes that is just attractive to it and I have to play every once in awhile. 

Morrowind calls me back alot there is something about the setting that sucks me in all the time. 

Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest I feel compelled to play at times. 

Ah, the good old days.
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2013, 11:10:30 AM »

Morrowind calls me back alot there is something about the setting that sucks me in all the time. 

Morrowind had a very strange, somewhat oppressive feeling to it, that I thnk ties into the somewhat hars and uninhabitable landscape it represented.  It gets mentioned a lot in Skyrim, as a matter of fact.

Two such references to the aftermath are Red Mountain, such as the Dunmer fleeing Morrowind and the mention of Vivec and Balmora lying in ruin.

Also, there is a man in Dawnstar who collects Mythic Dawn artifacts, and this runs into Oblivion territiry, as they mention that the Oblivion crisis took place 250 years before Skyrim.

Point being, there's lots of great tie-ins and references to the past that always remind you that no single Elder Scrolls game is a stand-alone, but part of the series, as well it should be.  Cheers
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2013, 06:40:26 PM »

Spectrum:
Jet Set Willy
Scooby Doo & Scrappy Doo
Gunfighter
Emlyn Hughes International Soccer

Master System II:
My Hero
Sonic The Hedgehog

Playstation:
Tony Hawks 2
Everybody's Golf 2

Loved all these. gave up playing video games about 10 years ago

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
retrorussell

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2013, 05:07:57 AM »

Another game I was crazy about (and still like):
WRECKING CREW (NES)
What a deep, fun game!  You play as Mario (yes, THAT Mario), demolishing walls/ladders/doors on a construction site, with killer wrenches and eggplant men on your tail.  You can create your own levels, uncover hidden extra lives, and try to discover the great "Golden Hammer" which makes you more powerful.  An absolute blast!

Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2013, 05:33:43 PM »

Looking back on the NES games, I recently have come to appreciate how hard some of them were, as most of them were platform games that required you to move just right, or get knocked off the precipice by either missing the jump. 

And then, there was the fear of overjumping and having the enemy waiting for you to knock you out of mid-air before you landed.  And then there wasNinja Gaiden....that one nearly sent many of us to the happy bin with it's insurmountable obstacles  Buggedout
retrorussell

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2013, 07:19:34 PM »

Looking back on the NES games, I recently have come to appreciate how hard some of them were, as most of them were platform games that required you to move just right, or get knocked off the precipice by either missing the jump. 

And then, there was the fear of overjumping and having the enemy waiting for you to knock you out of mid-air before you landed.  And then there wasNinja Gaiden....that one nearly sent many of us to the happy bin with it's insurmountable obstacles  Buggedout
OH yes.  Those damn eagles!  You could fiddle with the sprite scrolling and move back and forth a little bit to the point where they appear on screen, and make it so they don't appear.  Hard to get it down to a science though.  I used to play this one and Ninja Gaiden II with a Slo-Mo pause button controller; man that helped!

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2013, 08:58:10 PM »

Morrowind had a very strange, somewhat oppressive feeling to it, that I thnk ties into the somewhat hars and uninhabitable landscape it represented.  It gets mentioned a lot in Skyrim, as a matter of fact.

Two such references to the aftermath are Red Mountain, such as the Dunmer fleeing Morrowind and the mention of Vivec and Balmora lying in ruin.

Also, there is a man in Dawnstar who collects Mythic Dawn artifacts, and this runs into Oblivion territiry, as they mention that the Oblivion crisis took place 250 years before Skyrim.

Point being, there's lots of great tie-ins and references to the past that always remind you that no single Elder Scrolls game is a stand-alone, but part of the series, as well it should be.  Cheers

The newest DLC for SKYRIM, called simply "Dragonborn," supposedly allows you to return to Morrowind.  I simply cannot wait to get it!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2013, 01:16:25 PM »

The newest DLC for SKYRIM, called simply "Dragonborn," supposedly allows you to return to Morrowind.  I simply cannot wait to get it!!!

That was always what I wanted from the get-go!  Cheers    Hopefully the 10-or-so years that have gone by will see some better graphics on par with Skyrim, with just a touch of the old look to remind you of what came before.

Imagine going back to Balmora or Vivec and seeing it in ruins,  maybe inhabited by the remaining Ordinator and High Ordinator guys who have started their own rogue order.

Or maybe exploring Red Mountain post-eruption and finding new ruins or re-visiting that area where the energy fence kept out the Corprus monsters.

Also,  as a result of the changes in Morrowind since Red Mountain, have some of the monster evolve..maybe Cliff Racers have front legs now as well,  and Kagouti now have longer tails to counter balance their bodies.  Lots of possibilities!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Video Game(s) you hold close to your heart « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.