Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:19:13 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  CRAWLSPACE (1972) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CRAWLSPACE (1972)  (Read 5712 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: January 09, 2013, 01:59:47 AM »

CRAWLSPACE (1972) 
The whole movie is available (for now) on YouTube.  I only watched part of it, but saw this on TV many years ago.  It's very interesting... and disturbing.  I'll be watching this very soon.  They sure had great made-for-TV movies in the '60s and '70s.  Anybody remember this one? 

Small | Large

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 06:48:39 AM »

I remember CRAWLSPACE as very disturbing: well worth another look.  Thumbup

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 01:42:21 PM »

CRAWLSPACE (1972) 
The whole movie is available (for now) on YouTube.  I only watched part of it, but saw this on TV many years ago.  It's very interesting... and disturbing.  I'll be watching this very soon.  They sure had great made-for-TV movies in the '60s and '70s.  Anybody remember this one? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0mTZDmSenk

That was one of the best made-for-tv films ever; why don't they show them anymore?

Remember this one....

Small | Large

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 01:47:10 PM »

THIS was up on YouTube....

Small | Large

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 07:12:26 PM »

I really liked Crawlspace. What is Sandcastles?
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 07:39:24 PM »

I really liked Crawlspace. What is Sandcastles?
SANDCASTLES (1972) is a romantic... ghost story! 

Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 12:13:46 AM »

Wasn't it Klaus Kinski that played in Crawlspace?

I seem to remember this one vaguely and the guy looked like Kinski (there aren't many who do, thus his unique and somewhat creepy appearance, LOL), 

Also, as far as TV movies of the day, from what I've seen and remember of this one, it shared a similarity with another movie called Bad Ronald,  with regard to the two respective characters livingin secret spaces of their houses.  I remember Bad Ronald better than Crawlspace, and remember it to be quite a sad movie  Bluesad
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2013, 08:52:02 AM »

Two films, one title.  Aside from the title, they don't share much.

Klaus Kinski was in the 1986 CRAWLSPACE.  I believe the plot involved Nazis (??) and peeping at young women and it was very much a true "B" movie.

The 1972 CRAWLSPACE was a made-for-TV that was truly creepy.  An older couple discover a very strange young man inhabiting the crawlspace under their house and in effect 'adopt' him and try to rehabilitate him.  It does not go well.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 08:59:48 AM by Newt » Logged

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 06:27:45 PM »

I did watch the whole thing.  It holds up well.  Those Made-for-TV movies sure told some strange stories in the old days. 

Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013, 11:12:41 PM »

I did watch the whole thing.  It holds up well.  Those Made-for-TV movies sure told some strange stories in the old days. 

They certainly did, man! I remember seeing stuff like Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark and Trilogy Of Terror and being really scared at that point of time in my youth.
I also remember a nice little movie called Gargoyles that didn't really scare me as much as it fascinated me, 'cause I thought the monsters looked really cool.

But yeah, though..the 70's era made-for-TV horror and non-horror movies really took the cake.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2013, 07:08:59 PM »

They certainly did, man! I remember seeing stuff like Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark and Trilogy Of Terror and being really scared at that point of time in my youth.
I also remember a nice little movie called Gargoyles that didn't really scare me as much as it fascinated me, 'cause I thought the monsters looked really cool.
But yeah, though..the 70's era made-for-TV horror and non-horror movies really took the cake.
All good movies you name; I particularly agree about GARGOYLES (with CORNEL WILDE!)  Great movie!!!

Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2013, 04:16:30 PM »

All good movies you name; I particularly agree about GARGOYLES (with CORNEL WILDE!)  Great movie!!!

Way cool!
Gargoyles had a few future movies stars in some of their first roles..if I remember seeing the movie description right, Bernie Casey was the Gargoyle leader, and Richard Moll (later of Night Court fame) was the big gargoyle that got hit with the 18-wheeler, And in a small but memorable role, Grayson Hall (Dr. Hoffman from Dark Shadows) plays a drunken roadside hotel owner.   Some interesting stuff there.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  CRAWLSPACE (1972) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.