Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:45:15 AM
714463 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Animate Human Skeletons « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Animate Human Skeletons  (Read 12111 times)
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« on: February 06, 2013, 12:21:18 PM »

Ah yes, an old B movie horror staple.  Human skeletons without any muscles, eyes or any soft tissue able to move around and even see.

I often wondered who came up with these ideas.  There is no way a skeleton can move around and be able to see.

If a skeleton were made animate.  The damn thing wouldn't be able to hold itself together because it has no ligaments anywhere on its form.  It shouldn't be able to see either because it has no eyes.  And it shouldn't be able to talk either because it has no lungs or larynx.

I have played the game Diablo II and there were truckloads of animate Skeletons in that game.  The playable Necromancer is able to summon human skeletons from fallen foes, mostly which aren't human!  I often laugh at the skeleton archers able to aim their bows without eyes.

I have a hypothetical question for you all.  Lets say you're sitting in your favorite easy chair, recliner or sofa watching your favorite bad movie when you hear a knock on your door.  You get up to answer it and you find an animate skeleton behind it!  The skeleton waves at you and says "Hi there,  I need directions.  I'm looking for (name here) street.  Can you tell me how to find it?"  What would you do?  Slam the door in his face?  Give him the directions he needs?  Or invite him in for some fun?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 02:03:18 PM by WyreWizard » Logged

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
Bushma
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 01:40:51 PM »

I have a hypothetical question for you all.  Lets say you're sitting in your favorite easy chair, recliner or sofa watching your favorite bad movie when you hear a knock on your door.  You get up to answer it and you find an animate skeleton behind it!  The skeleton waves at you and says "Hi there,  I need directions.  I'm looking for (name here) street.  Can you tell me how to find it?"  What would you do?  Slam the door in the face?  Give him the directions he needs?  Or invite him in for some fun?

Ok.

Step 1. Crap myself.  I'm not ashamed to admit it!  Like you wouldn't do the same thing!
Step 2. Slam the door and scream like my 5 year old daughter.  I'm not ashamed to admit that either!
Step 3. Gather the family in one room, and arm them with blunt objects. (sharp cutting things don't break bone)
Step 4. Draw a circle of salt around us.  Obviously it's a magical skeleton and movies teach me that magic stuff has problems with salt for some reason.  High blood pressure maybe...
Step 5.  Prepare to die, because if there are magical skeletons roaming around more nasty things are coming.

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 02:07:06 PM »

Ok.

Step 1. Crap myself.  I'm not ashamed to admit it!  Like you wouldn't do the same thing!
Step 2. Slam the door and scream like my 5 year old daughter.  I'm not ashamed to admit that either!
Step 3. Gather the family in one room, and arm them with blunt objects. (sharp cutting things don't break bone)
Step 4. Draw a circle of salt around us.  Obviously it's a magical skeleton and movies teach me that magic stuff has problems with salt for some reason.  High blood pressure maybe...
Step 5.  Prepare to die, because if there are magical skeletons roaming around more nasty things are coming.

Wow I'd hate to see how you'd react if everyone of your neighbors moved out and families of animate skeletons moved in.  You'd see skeletons driving cars, fixing their houses, skeleton children playing on the street, and you'd even see animate skeletons of dogs and cats.  I'd hate to see how you'd react to all that.

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 02:36:22 PM »

I'd wonder who their chiropractor is..... Despite their lack of cartilage.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 04:32:33 PM »

I have a hypothetical question for you all.  Lets say you're sitting in your favorite easy chair, recliner or sofa watching your favorite bad movie when you hear a knock on your door.  You get up to answer it and you find an animate skeleton behind it!  The skeleton waves at you and says "Hi there,  I need directions.  I'm looking for (name here) street.  Can you tell me how to find it?"  What would you do?  Slam the door in his face?  Give him the directions he needs?  Or invite him in for some fun?

I'd be scared---no bones about it!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
LilCerberus

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 04:36:48 PM »

Having no eyes, Nor any ability to make a facial expression, I'd wonder if they notice my collection of toy skulls, & if they recognize who each toy skull was modeled after.......

The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Bushma

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 04:37:11 PM »

Wow I'd hate to see how you'd react if everyone of your neighbors moved out and families of animate skeletons moved in.  You'd see skeletons driving cars, fixing their houses, skeleton children playing on the street, and you'd even see animate skeletons of dogs and cats.  I'd hate to see how you'd react to all that.

A whole family?!  Dogs, big dogs, big hungry dogs, LOTS OF THEM!

LilCerberus

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 04:39:27 PM »

A whole family?!  Dogs, big dogs, big hungry dogs, LOTS OF THEM!

Gee... I wonder what the dog would bury in the back yard.....

WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 06:13:01 PM »

A whole family?!  Dogs, big dogs, big hungry dogs, LOTS OF THEM!

Gee... I wonder what the dog would bury in the back yard.....

Hmm, gee IDK.  Maybe his owners femur?  LOL!!!  I'd laugh my ass off seeing the whole family dig up the whole yard trying to find Dad's femur.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 06:20:27 PM »

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2013, 06:21:19 PM »

Having no eyes, Nor any ability to make a facial expression, I'd wonder if they notice my collection of toy skulls, & if they recognize who each toy skull was modeled after.......

I just thought up something funny Cerberus.  Its last Saturday and the big game starts in a few mins.  You hear a knock at your door.  You open it to find 5 animate skeletons.  Some of them carrying beer, some carrying chips and salsa and some carrying pastries.  The first one says to you "Hey, we have come for a little superbowl party and you have the best TV in the neighborhood.  We have brought all the far for you to enjoy."  You laugh and let them in.  They put the fare on the coffee table and sit down.  You sit in a recliner and enjoy some of the fare while watching the game.

The skeletons all cheer, laugh and scream at the TV.  One of them is walking around when he sees your toy skull collection and says "Hey I know all these people.!"

Bushma

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2013, 07:24:21 PM »

I just thought up something funny Cerberus.  Its last Saturday and the big game starts in a few mins.  You hear a knock at your door.  You open it to find 5 animate skeletons.  Some of them carrying beer, some carrying chips and salsa and some carrying pastries.  The first one says to you "Hey, we have come for a little superbowl party and you have the best TV in the neighborhood.  We have brought all the far for you to enjoy."  You laugh and let them in.  They put the fare on the coffee table and sit down.  You sit in a recliner and enjoy some of the fare while watching the game.

The skeletons all cheer, laugh and scream at the TV.  One of them is walking around when he sees your toy skull collection and says "Hey I know all these people.!"
... and no one ever hears from you again.  The police attempt to conduct a thorough investigation however there are no finger prints or hair left behind.  All they find is a bloody, gore covered recliner where you used to be.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2013, 08:41:36 PM »

If animate skeletons came to my house, I will ask who gave me drugs. Also, even if skeletons came to life through magic, there's no way that they can talk- magic can do a lot of things, but it can't give skeletons voices without the vocal cords, which is part of your tissue if I remember correctly.

Wrong meme Indy, it should be Willy Wonka, not the Overly Attached Girlfriend.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 08:52:16 PM by El Misfit » Logged

yeah no.
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2013, 09:41:54 PM »

If animate skeletons came to my house, I will ask who gave me drugs. Also, even if skeletons came to life through magic, there's no way that they can talk- magic can do a lot of things, but it can't give skeletons voices without the vocal cords, which is part of your tissue if I remember correctly.

What if they spoke with sign language?

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2013, 10:03:29 PM »

What if they spoke with sign language?

Why would Willy Wonka and the Overly Attached Girlfriend speak in sign language?

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Animate Human Skeletons « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.