Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:44:40 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  North Korean propaganda « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: North Korean propaganda  (Read 23252 times)
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2013, 06:52:41 AM »

I think I should send Kim Jong Un a pair of my undies: they shall set you free, just like prune juice.  TongueOut Buggedout Twirling Wink

Careful there Trev: despite your kindly intentions, delivering your undies to him might be taken as an act of terrorism, if not an out-and-out declaration of war!  Buggedout BounceGiggle

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Bushma

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2013, 07:37:09 AM »

No!  The Glorious Leader made that entire video himself using only one black crayon, which is also made himself.  All hail the Glorious Leader!

That reminds me of what Sam Neill did with a single black crayon in the film In the Mouth Of Madness  Buggedout
Love that movie!

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2013, 07:40:29 AM »

I just can't wrap my mind around how the leadership of North Korea can look at other countries, like South Korea, China, or anyplace for that matter, and continue to see any point in continuing with their own political system.  Even evil has to have some point to it, and starving a whole country of people and torturing them in prison camps, just so a few leaders can live a lifestyle roughly equivalent to a middle class American - which is totally against everything they believe in anyway - that's beyond pointless.

I can't figure out why China continues to support them either.  Sure it's a useful distraction, but jeez...might as well introduce a new strain of Bubonic plague into Mongolia if they're that heartless and cruel in their need for a distraction.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2013, 07:41:34 AM »

I think I should send Kim Jong Un a pair of my undies: they shall set you free, just like prune juice.  TongueOut Buggedout Twirling Wink

Careful there Trev: despite your kindly intentions, delivering your undies to him might be taken as an act of terrorism, if not an out-and-out declaration of war!  Buggedout BounceGiggle

TeddyR TeddyR

*KJU opens packet: dust flies out, plus flies*

KJU: "SNEEZE: WTF is this: honorable ashes of most honorable Kim Great Granddaddy?"

Buggedout Buggedout Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Bushma

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2013, 07:44:15 AM »

I think I should send Kim Jong Un a pair of my undies: they shall set you free, just like prune juice.  TongueOut Buggedout Twirling Wink

Ok, there's a back story here somewhere?  Is this "undies" story on the thread someone can point me to? 

P.S.

I have a feeling this is going to be one of those things I was better off NOT knowing about, but I'm sick and I have to know.

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2013, 07:58:44 AM »

Ok, there's a back story here somewhere?  Is this "undies" story on the thread someone can point me to?  

P.S.

I have a feeling this is going to be one of those things I was better off NOT knowing about, but I'm sick and I have to know.

My undies are the stuff of legend: the legend that is better for having gasoline / petrol poured over it and set alight.  Buggedout Buggedout

1. "Rosebud' from Citizen Kane: that was a code name for them.
2. My undies are also known as Keyser Soze.
3. Dave England from Jackass would never dare to wear them.  TongueOut
4. The case in Ronin contained my undies: that's why Robert de Niro said he didn't remember what was in the case.  Buggedout
5. Gandalf said YOU SHALL NOT PASS: my undies did.
6. My undies don't have many threads left in them, so they hijacked this particular thread.  Wink

Wink Wink
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 08:03:04 AM by Trevor » Logged

Bushma

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2013, 08:11:27 AM »

Ok, there's a back story here somewhere?  Is this "undies" story on the thread someone can point me to?  

P.S.

My undies are the stuff of legend: the legend that is better for having gasoline / petrol poured over it and set alight.  Buggedout Buggedout

1. "Rosebud' from Citizen Kane: that was a code name for them.
2. My undies are also known as Keyser Soze.
3. Dave England from Jackass would never dare to wear them.  TongueOut
4. The case in Ronin contained my undies: that's why Robert de Niro said he didn't remember what was in the case.  Buggedout
5. Gandalf said YOU SHALL NOT PASS: my undies did.
6. My undies don't have many threads left in them, so they hijacked this particular thread.  Wink

Wink Wink

Wait... I don't... but... no there's gotta be... ...

*walks away confused*

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2013, 08:16:09 AM »

Wait... I don't... but... no there's gotta be... ...

*walks away confused*

TeddyR TeddyR

62 posts later I get the chance to say: welcome to the site and to the wonderful family I have on here.  Thumbup TeddyR

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2013, 09:04:45 AM »

Indiana- absolutely. He's definitely not a nice guy.

Jack- ethnic nationalism, the powerful wanting to hold on to their power.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2013, 10:38:05 AM »

I think I should send Kim Jong Un a pair of my undies: they shall set you free, just like prune juice.  TongueOut Buggedout Twirling Wink

Ok, there's a back story here somewhere?  Is this "undies" story on the thread someone can point me to? 

P.S.

Tis just a running joke, sice Trev here claims to be wearing 100 year old underwear.

yeah no.
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2013, 01:15:23 PM »

Sorry, but I have one word for a person like that - TRAITOR! Hatred

I agree.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2013, 03:48:40 PM »

The real question is why does China continue to support them? What good does that do to them, or anybody for that matter?

North Korea makes China look reasonable in comparison and provides a nice distraction/diversion in the world press.

That was very well put, Newt  Cheers

It's cut and dried pretty much...China and N. Korea have an understanding. N. Korea makes China look acceptable, when in reality they're pretty much the same thing, except for China having money to feed, cloth and educate their people, so the Chinese are basically using N. Korea's press diversions and threats to continue to pave their own road to hell with good intentions while making them look good on the world stage.

Korean or Chinese, they're all the same..a bunch of Asian communists supplied with Russian rifles.
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2013, 01:33:41 PM »

P.S.

Sometimes its better not to know, really it is.....
Indy: about the soldier, we live in a society where freedom to choose is inherent, he chose to walk out and renounce everything.  Frankly his going is pretty much our gain. Don't need nor want him.

Part of me wonders if  the Kim family is just a mafia, they have it all gravy and somehow the whole damn country buys in.  I don't SEE why or how it works in this century, I really don't. 

-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2013, 05:48:21 PM »

Well, as Newt said before, N. Korea may be just a tool that China uses to try to legitimize Communism by saying that we can either have it N. Korea's way, or the "better" way of Chinese Communism, all while they remind the world that neither system is going anywhere soon.

And if that truly is the case, then China itself is just as deluded, with their own series of human rights violations and abuses. Only with their economy in full swing, it's as if they've created a slightly better model, with the gilded cage they've created for their citizens and the idea that the govt. is all they want and need. Just my take on it anyhow..
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2013, 01:44:16 PM »

Well, as Newt said before, N. Korea may be just a tool that China uses to try to legitimize Communism by saying that we can either have it N. Korea's way, or the "better" way of Chinese Communism, all while they remind the world that neither system is going anywhere soon.

And if that truly is the case, then China itself is just as deluded, with their own series of human rights violations and abuses. Only with their economy in full swing, it's as if they've created a slightly better model, with the gilded cage they've created for their citizens and the idea that the govt. is all they want and need. Just my take on it anyhow..

Good points. Of course a strong economy doesn't mean that everyone's happy and money also creates it's own evil. Trying to combine Capitalism and Communism will eventually make for a very conflicted system. Not a great example.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  North Korean propaganda « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.