Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:01:35 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Disney now owns Star Wars!!! « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Disney now owns Star Wars!!!  (Read 8318 times)
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2013, 10:00:15 PM »

He's b-b-a-a-c-c-k-k!

And not you Wyre, so you can sit down now.

It's all done, but the signature on the contract, but Harrison Ford looks likely to reprise his role of Han Solo in "Star Wars: Episode VII." I wonder if he'll get every actor's favorite scene: a good death scene. Ford has been pushing for some time to kill off his character of Han Solo. And with Ford most likely to come back, there is talk that Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher will be back, too.

And Frank Oz, has talked about coming back to voice Yoda. Though, Yoda will now most likely be not a puppet, but a CGI creation.

Yes! Because having Harrison Ford come back as Indiana Jones was such an awesome idea, and it worked out so well! I can wait to see Han Solo roaming around the Melenium Falcon in a wheel chair, and a balding gray haired Chewie. Poor Skywalker got his his pilot license revoked because his vision is bad. It's ok though because he's teaching a new group of Jedi saying "When I was your age I had to blow up the first Deathstar and learn the force from a ghost."
Ha!  It's funny because old people are useless and boring! 
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2013, 07:26:28 PM »

The rich just keep getting richer, or how Wyre can become an instant multi-billionaire. Just come up with a trilogy of films about a kid swinging a mean lightsaber.

When the Walt Disney Company bought out George Lucas his personal wealth went up something like $2,000,000,000. Most of it in shares in the Walt Disney Company, as most companies don't like--for business reasons--to give out all that money in cash. And at an average of $50, and I hope my math is correct, that means Lucas now posseses something like 40,000,000 shares in the company. Which he has agree not to sale. Though, I imagine the company came up with some sort of agreement as to when and how much he could sell. For dumping all those shares on the market at once, would severely depress the price of the stock.

Excluding whoever got Steve Job's shares, and the company executives, Lucas is probably the largest individual shareholder in the company. Though, he still owns only about 2% of the outstanding shares. Again, I hope my math is correct, but that means there are probably close to 2,000,000,000 shares of stock outthere. Thus, The Walt Disney Company will most likely never be targeted for takeover like Dell and/or Heinz.

Of course, everytime the price of a share goes up or down a dime, Lucas' personal fortune increases or decreases by $4,000,000. Not bad if you can get it.

As for the film itself . . .

It is now all but official, that Harrison Ford will be back reprising his character of Han Solo for "Star Wars: Episode 7," and since some of you want to see them wielding their lightsabers from their wheelchairs, Mark Hamill is now making noises about coming back to reprise his role as Luke Skywalker.

He said he didn't know what would be the subject of the next film, but he presumed it'd cover the adventures of the next generation. Which is fine with me. Having just read the "Crimson Trilogy" in graphic format, which takes place after "Star Wars: Episode 6,'  the most interesting characters--indeed--the only interesting characters were the Solo children.

I don't know how much influence Hamill has, but he also said he'd like to see alot less CGI in the next film

They also said that if Hamill decides not to come back, they'll just write his character out of the script, as they have no plans to recast it with another actor.

That leaves just Carrie Fisher who has not said whether she is interested or not in coming back. Though, I can imagine the filmmakers are talking with her about returning in some small part.

So, stay tune for further updates.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Disney now owns Star Wars!!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.