Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:13:08 PM
714500 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Sequels and Re-makes that Missed the Point « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Sequels and Re-makes that Missed the Point  (Read 19423 times)
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2013, 09:01:03 PM »

Chud 2, anyone? Take a flying leap from toxic waste under New York and horribly mutated former homless folk with Stretch Armstrong bodies to- a goofy zombie wandering the... suburbs. That and the theme song with only three words.

"Bud, the CHUD. Bud, the CHUD. Bud, the CHUD." x Big Scary Number.

I read somewhere that this was originally supposed to be a return of the living dead sequel. I think in that series context it would make more sense. I like CHUD 2 though, it's one of the better horror comedies from that era, fun to put on when friends are over.

A RotLD sequel would certainly make a lot more sense, nothing about Bud fits with CHUD. Now it's got me thinking of Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. That was a cool movie by itself but it has no ties to anything Final Fantasy and that bogged it down some.

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2013, 10:06:17 PM »

American Psycho 2 very much missed the point , though I think it was one of Mila Kunis' first lead roles and things seemed to work out ok for her

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Ozzymandias
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2013, 12:53:03 AM »

Ozzymandias speaks: Bedazzled!!! The message of the original (1967) was that Satan is arrogant, lying jerk who will cheat you, but God is always the winner and it is best to trust in Him. In the end, you will get the girl you want and Satan's will screw himself up.

The remake (2000) seem to say that Satan is a hot babe with sadistic tendancies and multiple sexy outfits. An African-American male angel will tell you that you should want what is best for the beautiful snooty chick you are in love with. Then he and Satan will introduce you to a doppleganger of the beautiful snooty girl, only with your personality (in this case a female Brendan Frasier).

Ozzymandias has spoken!!!
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2013, 02:52:20 AM »

Kind of weird, because it's the sequel to the sequel that makes a misstep.

I never watched the Mad Max films when they came out, and only saw them later.

I threw a party where we all watched the original film, Mad Max, and I was not all the impressed. It was okay, but nothing more.

Then, about a year later, I watched The Road Warrior, and damned if that is not an incredible film. I can say that The Road Warrior is an amazing piece of film-making. I loved it so much.

Then I watched, with pretty high expectations, Mad Max Beyond the Thunderdome. They turned it into a kid's movie! This must have been one of the first of the new wave of PG-13 films that appeared in the '80s. Take a great and simple idea, post-apocalyptic wastelanders, and then try to make it appeal to every possible audience. The Road Warrior is amazing. It's sequel, while not exactly terrible, is a bit of a turd.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
rebel_1812
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2013, 04:55:45 PM »

Chud 2, anyone? Take a flying leap from toxic waste under New York and horribly mutated former homless folk with Stretch Armstrong bodies to- a goofy zombie wandering the... suburbs. That and the theme song with only three words.

"Bud, the CHUD. Bud, the CHUD. Bud, the CHUD." x Big Scary Number.

I read somewhere that this was originally supposed to be a return of the living dead sequel. I think in that series context it would make more sense. I like CHUD 2 though, it's one of the better horror comedies from that era, fun to put on when friends are over.

A RotLD sequel would certainly make a lot more sense, nothing about Bud fits with CHUD. Now it's got me thinking of Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. That was a cool movie by itself but it has no ties to anything Final Fantasy and that bogged it down some.

All us video game folk were expecting to see the characters from the games.  When they didn't do that, the movie because just another manga film.

ChaosTheory

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2013, 11:33:57 AM »

THE LAST EXORCISM PART 2.  I mean, come on.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2013, 04:14:33 AM »

Winning.  Twirling

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2013, 12:34:51 PM »

Aw come on! That has nothing on "A haunting in connecticut 2 Ghost in Georgia"

ChaosTheory

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2013, 12:42:53 PM »

Aw come on! That has nothing on "A haunting in connecticut 2 Ghost in Georgia"

That title is so bizarre I'm surprised Tyler Perry's name isn't attached to it.

Fire walk with me
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2013, 01:44:36 PM »

THE LAST EXORCISM PART 2.  I mean, come on.
I have not seen either film yet, but I've heard that the first's title refers to the main character's last exorcism. I guess the sequel is someone else's last exorcism?

Kind of weird, because it's the sequel to the sequel that makes a misstep.

I never watched the Mad Max films when they came out, and only saw them later.

I threw a party where we all watched the original film, Mad Max, and I was not all the impressed. It was okay, but nothing more.

Then, about a year later, I watched The Road Warrior, and damned if that is not an incredible film. I can say that The Road Warrior is an amazing piece of film-making. I loved it so much.

Then I watched, with pretty high expectations, Mad Max Beyond the Thunderdome. They turned it into a kid's movie! This must have been one of the first of the new wave of PG-13 films that appeared in the '80s. Take a great and simple idea, post-apocalyptic wastelanders, and then try to make it appeal to every possible audience. The Road Warrior is amazing. It's sequel, while not exactly terrible, is a bit of a turd.
Robocop 3 does the same thing, although many people hated part 2 as well.

From your opening, I thought you might be referring to Terminator 3, which misses one of the biggest points in Terminator 2.

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
ChaosTheory

« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2013, 02:05:48 PM »

THE LAST EXORCISM PART 2.  I mean, come on.
I have not seen either film yet, but I've heard that the first's title refers to the main character's last exorcism. I guess the sequel is someone else's last exorcism?

From what I understand, it involves the person they were attempting to exorcise in the first movie, though I have not actually seen Part 2.  (I liked the first one until it went all screwy in the final scene.)

And then there's the HELLRAISER series.  They stopped having anything to do with Pinhead, what, 6 movies ago?

Fire walk with me
Jaer
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2013, 03:36:18 PM »

Actually, I think the point of it being a Final Fantasy (without moogles, chokabos, and summons) is the idea of the earth (Gaia) healing herself from some outside force, usually because of aid given by the protagonist. This has been a theme of many Final Fantasy games.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2013, 08:16:17 PM »

That was filmed down the street I live on  Cheers

yeah no.
316zombie
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2013, 09:18:24 PM »

first let me say,i worship at johnny depp's feet,he's one of the most versatile actors i've seen since jack nicholson was young.BUT...
i absloutely HATE charlie and the chocolate factory.i'm sticking with gene wilder as willy wonka,forever.
Javakoala
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2013, 08:52:35 AM »

Didn't like the new Conan film not that the first was stupendous but captured my idea of fantasy when I was younger.  The new one felt like a higher budget version of a TV show. 

I understand people feel I'm tinkling on Arnie's Conan when I say that I really liked the new Conan movie, but here's why I feel that way: The newer movie is closer to the actual stories as written by Howard. Conan was a character driven by his appetites and by his sense to honor to those who helped him. He didn't ponder much of anything. The pondering came when he was much older and became king. Arnie's Conan gave us WAY too many scenes of him thinking. Not something Howard's Conan would do in his younger days.

On another point in favor of the new Conan, he looks more like a person who fights, climbs, runs, etc. Arnie looked like the bloated Conan from the comics, which was all muscles and no reality. The new Conan wasn't bulked up. I could easily believe he could do all the things his character did. Arnie...his thighs would likely rub themselves raw if he ran very much. And swinging a sword does NOT give you super-bulky muscles.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Sequels and Re-makes that Missed the Point « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.