Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:39:23 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  A new star wars film every year « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A new star wars film every year  (Read 4480 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: April 18, 2013, 07:04:20 AM »

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/26830/a-new-star-wars-film-coming-annually

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 04:36:48 PM »

I was wondering how, they'd do it, but what they suggest makes sense. A stand-alone film alternating with a film from the trilogy, and they have got alot to work with, 10,000 years of history, hundreds of planets, thousands of characters,  when it comes to the stand alones.

Of course, the big question is the quality of the films that will ensue.

And one more thing needs to be said. Any profit from the films is really just gravy. Disney bought up the Star Wars franchise for its merchandising potential. Any future films will just add to that potential.
Pacman000
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 06:41:26 PM »

I could watch a new Star Wars film every year.  Then again, I could watch a new Star Odyssey too, so I may not be the best reference point.  Wink
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 01:32:11 PM by Pacman000 » Logged
L
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 04:29:00 AM »

After the disaster of the last three films they better pull a rabbit out of their hat.  The only way I'm interested is if they can sign all the original cast members that are alive.  Other than that-sorry Disney but I'll pass.
rebel_1812
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 05:52:19 PM »

Episode 3 was pretty good.  But then again the other 2 movies were setting the stage so episode 3 better be good.

L
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 12:53:03 PM »

True I will give you that but it was only the last 45 minutes that were good.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 03:21:43 PM »

After the disaster of the last three films they better pull a rabbit out of their hat.  The only way I'm interested is if they can sign all the original cast members that are alive.  Other than that-sorry Disney but I'll pass.

dozens of planets
hundreds of characters
5000 years of history

The upcoming trilogy is just the tip of the iceberg. But, yes, if they have not signed on already, the film makers are in talks with the actors who portrayed the surviving characters to appear in the upcoming films. But, the appearances are reported to be short in screen time, because the trilogy is more like a passing on of the lightsaber to the next generation. There is also talk of bringing back some of the characters who died during the previous films. Which I think is a bad idea. But we will see what we shall see in 2015.
L
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2013, 08:34:22 AM »

Well I guess I'll have to wait and see.
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2013, 12:41:21 AM »

You act like George Lucas isn't what f**ked those movies over. The prequel trilogy could of been something amazing, but George Lucas doesn't understand no.

L
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2013, 12:50:02 PM »

You are right Lucas doesn't understand "No".  maybe now he will.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  A new star wars film every year « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.