Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:11:26 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Not sure if Sci-fi/Horror but Help remember... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Not sure if Sci-fi/Horror but Help remember...  (Read 7177 times)
Seattle2
Dedicated Viewer

« on: May 14, 2013, 03:02:44 PM »

New here, so guess do my intro as well; 4 movies that I vaguely remember have popped in my head every once in a while for the last few years, would want to look them up then I'de forget to do it or just be lazy. Finally last night started my search, one was easy enough and I found on Google ("Fortress"), then I was led here through my searching, and after a few hours of searching this awesome forum (you guys are amazing) I found the other two ("Hybrid" & "The Hidden")...so now one more to go, and naturally it's the one I remember least about.

Saw it on a movie channel (want to say Cinemax because I think I remember thinking, this movie is going to be terrible, not even good enough for HBO/Showtime), year I saw it I believe was 2006 give or take a year either way, and of course saw it in the middle of the night 2-3am or so. Makes me think the movie is from the 2000's or late 90's.

What I know for sure: Was a dad, a step mom, a teenage (or early 20's) son, and possibly a younger sibling (don't know for sure on sibling though.) The son "fought"/didn't get along with the step mom, or his dad. They moved into a house (all I remember about the house was that it seemed a lot of scenes happened in their small kitchen, there was a sink, a window looking out above it and the kitchen led to a side door to go outside/enter house from side.

"Something" made the people in the house do things they didn't want to do, the two things I remember are at one point the step mom and teenager were under the (mind control?/trance?/spell?) and made out (in the aforementioned kitchen/sink area) and the other part is that the dad became evil and was trying to kill them.

Things I think i remember/maybe?: There was nothing else really around their house, some reason it seems like I remember a gravel pit or just gravel around their house. If I do remember a younger sibling then I think at one point the dad was "attacking" him/her and the teenager saved his brother/sister.

Things that I have no idea: Of course this movie randomly popping in my head over the years, I've tried hard to remember it, maybe too hard where my imagination or scenes from other movies infiltrate my memory of it. So these are possible but unlikely to be in this movie (just listing in case one is actually it and it helps people remember something);

- Dad worked at some lab?
- The "trance" people were put in was caused by an injection?
- The "trance people were put in was caused by alien force (here's where I go off the deep end every time I try to remember the actual cause/bad guys/things of this movie ... I either come up with they lived in house in gravel pit and construction machines turned themselves on and attacked the house, ha! or the dad created some airborne virus and caused family to go crazy and he's the sole bad guy. or there was mind controlling bugs/insects of somekind (sometimes I think they were giant spiders or wasps that only showed themselves at the end)...or there was some kind of evil dog (maybe the family dog was infected also?) ...

It's not much but it's all I can remember or think I remember.

Pretty sure movie goes; Teenager/Early 20's boy doesn't get along with his dad, hates his step mom, they're in some single story house in middle of nowhere, step mom and boy are under control by something and don't know what they're doing and make out (don't remember sex but possible), dad is next to be under control by something and he tries to kill everyone, then finally see what's causing everything before end of movie (this is where Giant mind controlling Spider comes into my head, ha, but it seems semi-clear in my head while I also think that isn't "it", at all.) ...

Thanks for any attempts at helping, this place already helped me find the other 2 movies I wanted so 2 of 3 would be fine, be cool if someone can decipher my ramblings and semi-thoughts to put together what movie this last one is though.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 10:16:10 PM »

Possibly Amityville: Dollhouse (1996).

That Wikipedia article has a pretty in-depth plot description for some reason, so you can check that out. There's a dollhouse that pseudo-controls the actual house, and there are giant rats. Also, there's a sub-plot about the stepmom and her attraction to the son, caused by the dollhouse.

It's a terrible movie, if it is your movie, but not that bad by Amityville standards. Not that's saying much.

Here's a trailer:

Small | Large

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Seattle2
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 10:38:19 PM »

Not it, but thanks, and wow! impressive you came up with "something" based off the little I can actually give. Effort is appreciated, tied in a lot of the things I listed.

The house is nothing fancy, 99% sure it's single wide/one story, like a manufactured house look.  (Don't want to get confusing but may have even been an "on-site" house, which would tie-in with my feint remembrance of the house being surrounded by gravel.)

and I'm 99% sure it wasn't the house "controlling" them.

and for comparison sake, it was also a terrible movie - and apparently not very memorable - but it was more "bland", not nearly as much going on as was happening in the preview you linked. No ghouls or anything like that (as far as I can remember) throughout the movie.

Thanks again for the response.  And I'm probably going to watch Amityville: Dollhouse anyways, because why not, I like me some terrible movies that I can mindlessly watch late night.

Seattle2
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 10:45:18 PM »

I don't want to throw people off by what I think I remember, but also should say, and should have said in original post, that I'm almost positive that the movie was early to mid 2000's. I only said 90's to "cover my bases" just in case someone finds it and it's 1999 or something and I was leading people off track by saying I "know" it was early to mid 2000's

Saw it in roughly 2006 (2005-2007,) so can't be older than that. And my memory is telling me it was "new"ish when I watched it. At least when I was researching before posting and asking for help I was searching between 2003-2006.

Also, for the "mind control" or whatever we want to call it, I actually don't think that was a major plot or part of the movie, as far as I remember it only happened the time there was the step mom / teenager scene, and the dad going crazy. Not much else happened in the movie, then there was the end which is what I don't remember at all unfortunately.....
Seattle2
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 10:59:10 PM »

I don't want to keep adding things because it probably hurts more than helps (and not sure how you guys do things around here, all I know is you guys are great and finding out what the movie is) ... but;

fairly certain the house is off a highway, with nothing else around, minus the gravel/dirt to the house.

also pretty sure the movie title is one or two words. At least something "simple" that made me click "info" and end up watching it at 3am when I couldn't sleep.

also was low budget, and there wasn't that many "characters"/actors, mostly was the family in the house the entire time. Was the type of movie that I doubt they even bothered to put on DVD, and was probably shown the one time in the middle of the night or got a max of a one month run on whatever movie channel I saw it on. I only saw it the one time and never saw it on the guide again and never thought about it again until recently.
mp1922
New Visitor

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 12:05:41 AM »

It almost sounds like Boogeyman. (2005) It has a grown man that returns to his childhood home to deal with nightmares he's having.  His father was abusive I think, and he had a complicated relationship with his mom.  At the time of the movie, his parents are dead, but there are a ton of flashbacks, sometimes often involving the kitchen.  (I think that was were the main character hid when his mom was being beaten by his dad) There's a literal "boogeyman" who summons creatures (bugs, mabye a dog) who is the main villain.  Who looks somewhat alien.  Also who makes people hallucinate. (to do things they wouldn't ever do)  Also a he meets a little girl near his house who is also fighting the boogeyman.  (i think her dad might have been abusive as well)  It was released in theaters, but it was horrible quality even for the time in my opinion.  Also his mom might have done injections of some kind i'm not sure.
316zombie
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 12:29:04 AM »

my first thought was"house hunters"...but i think i'm wrong,i'll do some checking...
Seattle2
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 03:21:55 AM »

not Bogeyman, I've seen that. Again, good job at taking the little I know and being able to tie it to a movie. But again, way too much going on in Bogeyman and the house is too big and has surroundings.

This movie had nothing, single story house with nothing around. And i'm pretty sure the movie title was one word and short; like "dirt" or "worm" (two completely random examples) but who knows, I can only think of the two parts and try to think of the rest but the movie was so boring, nothing happened besides the two parts I listed and then the ending which I don't remember. The rest was the single story "manufactured" house type look, maybe even a trailer type house? and they were in the kitchen which was only wide enough for one person at a time a lot of the movie.

Never heard of House Hunters and couldn't find anything on it? Possible but the title doesn't sound right?  I wish there was like a cinemax (if that was it, definitely was a movie channel) list of b-movie (even cheaper than b-movie?) they played in mid 2000's somewhere, ha.
mp1922
New Visitor

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2013, 06:54:03 PM »

Almost all the themes of what you remember describe a generic "outer Limits" episode now that i think about it.  Maybe your TV provider maybe listed it under the episode name?  Tons of the episodes deal with injections, mind control, aliens.  Massive twist at the very end of every episode.  And was aired late night (on Cinemax I believe) often around the mid 2000's.  (show stopped production 2002)
I won't keep flooding this thread, this is my last guess.
316zombie
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2013, 05:43:27 PM »

okay,can't be house hunting,that's from this year,lol!! it just LOOKS older.
Seattle2
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2013, 08:24:44 PM »

It was an actual movie. Sorry can't provide more details, also my fault on all the "additions" and my own thoughts of what it could be. Got people thinking aliens and all this other stuff.

Should be; slow moving movie (i.e. nothing happens), was a terrible movie that couldn't have been in a theater anywhere ever, 3 main characters are dad, his girlfriend/or new wife and late teens son who at first hates the new mom then at some point in the movie they team up to survive whatever is happening. Dad goes crazy at least at one point. Step mom and son makeout at one point and it was caused by "something" (they didn't know what they were doing, it just happened.) Majority of movie takes place in their house, which is 100% single story, I don't think it's near anything (i.e. surrounded by dirt/gravel), and they use the side door out of their small kitchen to the carport a lot. Anything else is my mind trying to think of what it is but all of the above definitely happens.
Seattle2
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2013, 08:28:36 PM »

and of course, I saw movie in roughly 2006 (best I can pinpoint it to) and it was "new"ish. Plus that it was on in the early AM never to be seen again confirms it was a bad movie that was new and just got a random play on a movie channel (cinemax is best guess, could have been showtime, encore or IFC, but I know it wasn't HBO)...leads me to believe it probably came out in 2004-2005.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Not sure if Sci-fi/Horror but Help remember... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.