Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:51:10 AM
712928 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I Like to be alone. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: I Like to be alone.  (Read 7534 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: June 14, 2013, 11:05:02 PM »

Tiana -I love her.
But she goes to her Ma's every weekend.
I like it.I LIKE being alone.IU was alone most my life. I LIKE it. In fact,I dont think having relationships is good for me-I like to cook for other folks,I like to talk.
But I aint good with being around a person all the time-because I LIKE TO BE ALONE!
Am I a weirdo? Question

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 11:22:09 PM »

I'm about 75-25 alone social. Any more or less than that it gets weird.
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 08:13:47 AM »

I am the same.  I NEED to be alone for significant amounts of time or I start coming unglued.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 08:17:18 AM »

I think all people require a balance of interaction and solitude, but the balance lies in different places for different people.  Yours runs heavy on the solitude side.  Nothing wrong with that.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Flangepart

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 08:38:30 AM »

I think all people require a balance of interaction and solitude, but the balance lies in different places for different people.  Yours runs heavy on the solitude side.  Nothing wrong with that.
What he said. I spend a lot of time to myself, but today, I'll be at church and spending time with my friends. It works for me.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 08:56:35 AM »

What he said. I spend a lot of time to myself, but today, I'll be at church and spending time with my friends. It works for me.

+3. I personally prefer to be alone and I need to remember to schedule time to socialize. I know it's healthy and I generally enjoy it when I do get out among people, but I do have to make an effort.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2013, 12:31:47 PM »

I like a certain amount of time alone but actually don't often get it. I'm pretty social but with where I work,aka a convenience store,I sometimes get so tired of the human voice that I feel like screaming. As a child I used to fantasize about having a little house all to myself. Of course,now that I'm married I am very happy but sometimes even a great husband can be wearing on the nerves....sorry,Alan! We got together later in life-I was 45 and he was 54- so we were accustomed to being alone. I'm sure I annoy him enough,too,from time to time. Sometimes we'll just sit in a room for a couple of hours,not really speaking but knowing the other is there.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2013, 03:57:58 PM »

I like to drink alone. 
(and I also like to listen to that song by George Thorogood...while drinking alone)   Drink

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2013, 06:51:42 PM »

I have a family of five and would never want to be without them.   But, deep down im a huge loner. I used to go out to eat, watch movies in the theater and go most other places alone.   I prefer it that way to be honest.   I enjoy solitude whenever i can find it.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2013, 08:51:45 PM »

...Am I a weirdo? Question
Yes.  You're a weirdo. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2013, 10:37:01 AM »

I know what you mean, too much sensory input can wear you out.  11 PM to about 1 AM is my alone time. Without the solace of that, just being able to unwind, read, write, think, go swimming in the dark, life would be diminished. (Of course since I have to get up at 6:15, if I went to bed earlier I'd get more sleep, but that's another topic.)

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2013, 12:16:44 PM »

I have a family of five and would never want to be without them.   But, deep down im a huge loner.

Same here.  I love my family and they're my entire life, but sometimes I just yearn for that mindless prattle lighthearted conversation to stop so I can have some peace and quiet to veg' out and relax.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
major jay

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2013, 12:25:10 PM »

I have a family of five and would never want to be without them.   But, deep down im a huge loner.

Same here.  I love my family and they're my entire life, but sometimes I just yearn for that mindless prattle lighthearted conversation to stop so I can have some peace and quiet to veg' out and relax.

As the old saying goes, be careful of what you wish for.

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2013, 12:54:36 PM »

i like my privacy. i hate being alone.
im freeked out. i found a rat by the head of my bed last night.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2013, 01:46:08 PM »

Most of the time I like to be alone for a few reasons.

I work out of the house and need to focus on what I'm doing so the less distractions the better.

Aside from that, I find most people are "time burglars" -- or maybe that's because my friends on occasion stop on by when they know I'm working and steal my time  which is to say they literally stop by to kill time until they go elsewhere and I'm suppose to entertain them or something.

And I like to watch movies, I try and watch 4 or 5 a week.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I Like to be alone. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.