Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:01:41 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  TOP 15 - Unintentionally Funny Rediculous Action/Adv Movies from the 80s and 90s « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: TOP 15 - Unintentionally Funny Rediculous Action/Adv Movies from the 80s and 90s  (Read 27030 times)
JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2013, 07:25:07 PM »

While not good enough to knock any off your list, you might also try Kill or be Killed and it's sequel (or is.it.the.other.way around?) Kill and Kill Again.

Two South African movies there: Kill Or Be Killed (aka Karate Olympia has moments of comedy but is otherwise serious but its' sequel Kill and Kill Again is supposed to be an action comedy. The director of both of these, Ivan Hall, was a good friend of mine.  Smile

Very cool!   Thumbup  I've always been a big fan of these two flicks and now I'm an even bigger fan knowing that the first one was also called Karate Olympia!

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2013, 04:12:56 PM »

Everyone has a different taste for bad movies. These are mine.
If you think this list is missing anything, PLEASE TELL ME : D
Requirements,
-bad acting
-ridiculous
-campy
-action/adventure
-cliche
-and above all, a SINCERE attempt to make a quality movie

I think any ONE of those likely yields a BAD MOVIE.  Those of us around awhile have perhaps tacitly agreed that we often don't agree about what constitutes a BAD MOVIE.  We couldn't even agree on what makes a "B" Movie (many  often are clueless as to the old concept of what used to be called the "A" picture and the "B" picture). 

A movie can be well made, well acted, brilliantly scripted, yet, still tasteless and offensive.  Just plain BAD.  Think great funny/disgusting movies like THE TOXIC AVENGER (1984). 

BAD for so many reasons:
SLEEPAWAY CAMP (1983)

Here's my "dumb film" review: 
http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,114752.0.html

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Puma81
Dedicated Viewer

B-movie Excavator

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2013, 05:59:14 PM »

If you couldn't tell, I was trying to dedicate this thread to a particular kind of bad movie. I think you missed the point. But thanks for the recommend.

DRINKING CINEMA! (drinking games for movies) >>>http://drinkingcinema.com/<<<
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2013, 02:56:31 AM »

Very cool!   Thumbup  I've always been a big fan of these two flicks and now I'm an even bigger fan knowing that the first one was also called Karate Olympia!

It would make you  TeddyR to know that Karate Olympia was originally released in Afrikaans, so you have a lot of guys clouting the snot out of each other, saying "Ek gaan jou moer!" [Translation: I will hit you so hard, your ancestors will tremble!]  Buggedout TeddyR TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2013, 11:15:22 AM »

If you couldn't tell, I was trying to dedicate this thread to a particular kind of bad movie. I think you missed the point. But thanks for the recommend.
I had seen the thread and read it.  Your remarks into it a bit regarding BAD MOVIES were motivating.  No great example of tastelessly BAD and freakin' awesomely watchable Action/Adventure came to mind. 
How 'bout MOM AND DAD SAVE THE WORLD (1992)...?  Naaah. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
claws
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2013, 04:27:30 AM »

I still think Fulci's The Beyond (1981) works great as a genuine horror movie AND a bad movie. Both factors are mixed together to perfection.
The Fake Macoy
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2013, 07:54:02 PM »

A great bad adventure movie is Yor: The Hunter from the Future.  It has everything you could want in a bad movie.
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2013, 01:57:07 PM »

How have Commando and American Ninja not been mentioned yet?

And what about the classic Deathstalker?

The Sword and the Sorcerer?

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2013, 12:36:57 AM »

How have Commando and American Ninja not been mentioned yet?

A good friend of mine directed American Ninja 3 and American Ninja 4TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2013, 05:58:39 PM »

Mike Nesmith's masterpiece:

Small | Large

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Francesco Dellamorte
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2013, 08:20:23 PM »

A friend of mine bought Hard Ticket To Hawaii from a guy off the street in Pakistan.

Has anyone mentioned The Intruder?
Francesco Dellamorte
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2013, 08:30:37 PM »

White Fire
Revenge of the Ninja
Blue Steel
Death Wish 3
Catman in Lethal Track
Legend of the Eight Samurai
Bronx Warriors and Escape From the Bronx
The Stabilizer
Rolling Vengeance
Thunder Warrior
2019: After the Fall of New York

There are so many...
JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2013, 02:58:43 PM »

Can't remember, but has Krull been mentioned?  Gotta love that one!

Also, even though I know you kinda mentioned not being able to get into the Busey, Eye of the Tiger is a pretty fun one.  Busey is a war vet who soups up his truck to take revenge on a gang that (if memory serves) attacks and possibly murders his family...

Lastly, even though this is probably a bit too well known of a choice, you cannot go wrong with a visit to Road House.  Deadly Prey had Danton, but Road House was only one letter away with Dalton...

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2013, 06:39:09 PM »

I remember Cage (1989) starring Lou Ferrigno who stars as a Vietnam War veteran named Billy who is shot in the head in battle and comes home from the war mentally retarded. I forget the plot points, but he somehow ends up fighting in cage matches (hence the movie title) and destroys people with his wrath and powerful strength when p**sed off, but if he's not p**sed off then he is a big ol' lovable teddy bear that you would trust your own little children to play games with.

The entire premise of the movie, I found to be extremely hilarious, especially the fight scenes where he goes from Teddy Ruxpin to rabid grizzly bear if someone punches the old war wound in his head! The first fight is the funniest, where Billy walks up to his mean opponent in the ring and happily introduces himself with an open handshake, "Hi, I'm Billy!" before he gets clobbered by his opponent and replies "Hey, why'd you do that?" The pummeling continues until you almost expect Lou Ferrigno to turn green before he inevitably mops the ring mat with his opponent's broken body.  BounceGiggle

Apparently, Cage was so good that it spawned a sequel in 1994, but I never saw that one.  Thumbup TeddyR

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
claws
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2013, 04:01:02 AM »

My personal favorite Top 15:

01. Caged Fury (1989) - Martial arts & WIP movie with a twist.
02. Virgins from Hell (1987) - Wild & crazy female action flick.
03. Lady Street Fighter (1985) - Just an overall amazing movie.
04. Jungle Virgin Force (1988) - This will make your head spin.
05. No Dead Heroes (1986) - Rambo-esque jungle action. I couldn't stop laughing.
06. Sudden Thunder (1990) - Vengeance-Action w/ female Miami cop undercover in Redneck county.
07. The Black Cobra 3 (1990) - "Shaft" in the Philippines. Easily the "best" of the series.
08. Legion of Iron (1990) - Modern Gladiator-Cage-Fighting in the desert.
09. Kill Crazy (1990) - Survival-Action: Vietnam vets from a mental hospital vs. bad guys in the desert.
10. Rolf (1984) - Over-the-top Rambo-esque village action.
11. Heat Street (1987) - Boxer battles street gangs with urban setting.
12. Chickboxer (1992) - Chubby teenage girl tries her hand at martial arts.
13. Pit Fighter (2005) - "Machete" type of Mexican crime/underground fighting.
14. No Retreat, No Surrender 3: Blood Brothers (1990) - Violent crime vs. kick-boxing cheese.
15. Delta Force Commando (1988) - Sweaty & beefy revenge-action.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  TOP 15 - Unintentionally Funny Rediculous Action/Adv Movies from the 80s and 90s « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.