Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:50:08 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  My thoughts on a post by WyreWizard « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: My thoughts on a post by WyreWizard  (Read 21248 times)
DrSimonCowell
Dedicated Viewer

« on: July 12, 2013, 09:25:19 PM »

Earlier tonight when we had our little DVD/Movie review, I had told WyreWizard about my exploits on this board.  His reaction "Didn't I warn you not to go there?  Those people are out of their minds!"  So I told him "You forget I deal with people like that on a daily basis."  He said "There's a fine line between your patients and the people who visit that board.  But anyways, how's my karma on there?"  I had told him and he raised his eyebrows.  "I guess I should go trolling on that board again so my karma would be brought down!"  Then he laughs maniacally.  Then he told me a particular message he had left on this board I should check out that would show me the depths of the depravity and delusions you people sink to.

That message:  My Favorite TV Commercial Reality Flaws.

In that post, WyreWizard made a claim about how some products are falsely advertised.  Beer, cars and Men's cologne.  But is it the cologne I will be talking about mostly.

I should tell you I've had 4 or 5 patients complain about how Axe and Tag don't work the way they do in the commercials.  One was suicidal because his GF had broke up with him after he used Tag.  Another was upset because he used the product and walked through a crowded city street and not one girl even noticed him!   Now believe it or not, the third patient is a woman who used it.  She was lesbian and interested only in women.  She tried it and got the same results as the first two guys.  Nada, zip, zero, zilch.  No women were attracted to her or even noticed her.

I should also tell you I have been happily married for almost 20 years.  When I was courting my wife, yes I did use colognes and aftershaves.  But none of them (and I mean absolutely NONE) made her lose her mind and be insanely attracted to me!

Now after reading the replies to that post, I had thought "Some of these people can't really be serious!"  It is no wonder WyreWizard calls some of you delusional and depraved.  Know these are not my opinions.  I just think some of you are...strange.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 09:27:35 PM »

What I find bizarre and strange is that anyone would take a ridiculous, over the top, deliberately comedic commercial so seriously.  NO perfume or body splash has that effect!  OF COURSE the commercials are false!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 10:34:27 PM »

Hello, WyreWizard.  Nice to meet your new screen-name. 
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 12:03:55 AM »

Strange and proud but in the world of strange I'd say that you're winning, your story about your 'patients' is the best bit of fiction I've read this week.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 06:29:55 AM »

Now after reading the replies to that post, I had thought "Some of these people can't really be serious!"  It is no wonder WyreWizard calls some of you delusional and depraved.  Know these are not my opinions.  I just think some of you are...strange.

Let me make this absolutely clear:  if you do this again, I will ban you.  It will not matter if you try to shuffle off responsibility by claiming it was said by another person. 

I really dislike the game you are trying to play.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Javakoala
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 08:26:06 AM »

What did we do to cause WyreWizard so much psychic pain?   Twirling
claws
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2013, 08:35:08 AM »

He was already in pain to begin with and his pain continues, obviously.
Bushma

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 11:33:06 AM »

Ok, I have to take this in pieces...

There's a fine line between your patients and the people who visit that board.

That's true, I see no need for help.  I'm happy the sick and twisted way I am!

"I guess I should go trolling on that board again so my karma would be brought down!"

I wonder if I can done some sort of forum seance to summon him...

I should tell you I've had 4 or 5 patients complain about how Axe and Tag don't work the way they do in the commercials.  One was suicidal because his GF had broke up with him after he used Tag.  Another was upset because he used the product and walked through a crowded city street and not one girl even noticed him!   Now believe it or not, the third patient is a woman who used it.  She was lesbian and interested only in women.  She tried it and got the same results as the first two guys.  Nada, zip, zero, zilch.  No women were attracted to her or even noticed her.

Ok, well I can clear that up for you.  You did it wrong.  First you need to put an ad in craig's list for "attractive actresses", the you pay each of them $100 to throw themselves at you in public after you clearly spary on Axe.  Then you set a time and meeting place, I prefer a shopping mall.  Then you walk into the set place take out the Axe and spray yourself with it.  Then the women will swarm you.  It's well worth the money and attention!

When I was courting my wife, yes I did use colognes and aftershaves.  But none of them (and I mean absolutely NONE) made her lose her mind and be insanely attracted to me!

AGAIN... you did it wrong.  You used the wrong stuff...

It is no wonder WyreWizard calls some of you delusional and depraved. 

I prefer to view the world the way I like to see it.  It makes more sense that way. 

Know these are not my opinions. 

Just own up to it.  That's like saying "I don't mean to offend you, but you look like a giant turd that's been passed through a human centipede."

I just think some of you are...strange.

Am I strange or am I normal?  Maybe you are strange so you think I'm the strange one?

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2013, 09:24:26 PM »

Did you ever think that a product can make false claims and have suckers buy from them? Do you have a brain or are you programmed to believe ever friggen thing on the TV? I'm calling BS on this, if you are a professional, you should know that this wouldn't have worked in the first place and told them straight out.

I should also tell you I have been happily married for almost 20 years.  When I was courting my wife, yes I did use colognes and aftershaves.  But none of them (and I mean absolutely NONE) made her lose her mind and be insanely attracted to me!

Marketing, do you know the definition of it? If not, here's a one:
the process or technique of promoting, selling, and distributing a product or service
What part has truth in it? None, it's all a ploy to spend your money on s**t you don't need, it's your fault for trying something that doesn't work on most people.

yeah no.
Bushma

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2013, 09:42:35 AM »

So far I think that this thread just reaffirms the fact that I could be filth rice if I developed a Sarcasm font for the internet.  Everyone takes things so seriously on the net because there's really no way to tell if it's sarcasm or not.  Think about it.  Wouldn't we have taken this thread a different way if...

was (and I'm sorry for not correctly quoting you here Doc...)

<Sarcasm>I should tell you I've had 4 or 5 patients complain about how Axe and Tag don't work the way they do in the commercials.  One was suicidal because his GF had broke up with him after he used Tag.  Another was upset because he used the product and walked through a crowded city street and not one girl even noticed him!   Now believe it or not, the third patient is a woman who used it.  She was lesbian and interested only in women.  She tried it and got the same results as the first two guys.  Nada, zip, zero, zilch.  No women were attracted to her or even noticed her.</Sarcasm>

Just knowing it is sarcasm to being with makes much more sense then there being "4 or 5 patients" plus a psychologist (???) who actually believe that using some sort of body spray will make you irresistible to the opposite sex.  If that's true I feel really sorry for those people, because those are the same type of people who give lawyers so much work!  They would be the type of people have to be told at the end of commercials "toys do not actually move on their own".

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2013, 10:54:59 AM »

So far I think that this thread just reaffirms the fact that I could be filth rice

If it helps, I already think of you as filth rice.  BounceGiggle

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Bushma

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2013, 11:56:35 AM »

So far I think that this thread just reaffirms the fact that I could be filth rice

If it helps, I already think of you as filth rice.  BounceGiggle

LOL!  That's what I get for not rereading what I wrote.  "filthy rich" is what I meant, but oh well.

Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2013, 01:36:36 PM »

What I find bizarre and strange is that anyone would take a ridiculous, over the top, deliberately comedic commercial so seriously.  NO perfume or body splash has that effect!  OF COURSE the commercials are false!

Really, man...I've been throwing salt over my left shoulder with my right hand for decades every time I spill the salt, and I scratch my palms whenever they itch, and I STILL have yet to become rich! Short and sweet of it, don't believe everything you hear  (unless it's on the Internet....)
Javakoala
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2013, 02:39:33 PM »

Axe and Tag...b***h, please.

Everyone knows women lose their s**t over Avon's Deep Woods colonge, but only if it comes in the football shaped bottle.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2013, 01:14:42 AM »

That was my fault, I think.  Buggedout Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  My thoughts on a post by WyreWizard « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.