Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:57:34 PM
714591 Posts in 53100 Topics by 7748 Members
Latest Member: Lucinda02
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Mud Man/Monster - Help with Title?! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mud Man/Monster - Help with Title?!  (Read 2642 times)
smelt
« on: May 03, 2002, 01:42:27 AM »

Help everyone...!  Over at the "I Need To Know" section of imdb.com, a bunch of us are going crazy trying to find the title of a movie, and no amount of searching has been fruitful, yet.

It's most likely a movie, possibly black and white, roughly from the 1970's.

People are up at a cabin partying a guy is either killed or falls into a mud pit and dies and comes back as a mud man.  He attacks the people in the cabin and they fight back slamming the door shut on his arm cutting off the hand.   The lights are off and all of the sudden the hand is crawling up someone's leg and then starts to strangle them.

There might be another a scene with a canoe and the creature attacking from underneath, if we're not confusing it with another movie.

The mud man/monster is sensitive to salt and people seem to remember that that's his downfall, perhaps sizzling like a snail, or leading to a fire at the end.

Movies that are NOT it:

The Creeping Hand
Spawn of the Slithis
Legend of Boggy Creek
Entrails of the Virgin
Swamp Thing
Incredible Melting Man
Friday the 13th movies
Don't Go Into the Woods
Halloween
Any Bigfoot or Sasquatch movies
Norliss Tapes
The Witchmaker
Blob movies
The Bog
Swamp of Lost Monsters
Equinox

Please e-mail me if you have any ideas, or have anything to add to help in the search.  Thanks!
Andrew
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2002, 02:44:26 AM »

Are you certain this was a mud man?  The scenes you describe vaguely resemble parts of "The Horror of Party Beach" and "The Curse of Bigfoot."  Maybe, as often happens, you are combining two films into one memory?

Andrew
J.R.
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2002, 05:17:38 AM »

Yeah, in the end of Horror Of Party Beach sodium is discovered to be the monster's weakness.
john
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2002, 08:29:17 AM »

Sounds like a TV movie I've been looking for the title of. I posted a message about it here;

http://www.badmovies.org/bbs2/read.php?f=2&i=11991&t=11991

I think I *MIGHT* have found the title of the movie I saw. According to this page;

http://www.geocities.com/laxaria/success.html

It sounds like the title might have been The World Beyond.
smelt
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2002, 06:46:30 PM »

Thanks to all who have responded so far.  On our end, it seems like John's match is the closest.  I have taken his information to augment our own, and have emails out to the director of the tv pilot "The World Beyond," and to a collector who claims to have this movie on tape.  If this turns out to be the solution of "the greatest mystery since the kfc chicken recipe", I'll be sure to let you all know.  From what I understand, there are LOTS of people who would like to get their hands on this video...!

If it turns out John and I are looking for different movies, I'll let you know that as well.

Thanks again, and keep me posted.
smelt
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2002, 03:26:31 PM »

MudMan movie solved!  After a lot of research by a lot of avid detectives, we've concluded that we're all remembering the same movie about a Mud Man/Monster and a hand that gets chopped off in a cabin door.  It was a Canadian-produced 1978 tv pilot for cbs called "The World Beyond," directed by Noel Black and one of the stars was JoBeth Williams.  Although currently unavailable on video/dvd, a few of us have requests in to the director Mr. Black, and are exploring other avenues for getting a knocked-off copy of this one-hour movie.

Any further help or information would be welcomed.  Also, if any individuals would like to be included should we procure a copy, let me know.  Thanks to all that helped in this search.

Special thanks go out to you, John.

smeltfisher@hotmail.com
john
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2002, 10:53:32 AM »

No problem! :)
Jim Brown
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2002, 04:50:47 AM »

"Yeah, in the end of Horror Of Party Beach sodium is discovered to be the monster's weakness."

I remember sodium was the answer to destroying the wall in "Attack of the Slime People".
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Mud Man/Monster - Help with Title?! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.