Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:03:57 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Shows you're glad are gone « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Shows you're glad are gone  (Read 30236 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2013, 04:44:21 PM »

Friends...annoying whiny s**theads...and the girls sucked too.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2013, 03:03:09 AM »

Dharma & Greg

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2013, 04:38:54 AM »

I felt the same way about Arrested Development when it was on the air. I watched an episode or two and it didn't click for me. At the same time I was inundated with that "best show you're not watching" malarkey. Of course, my response was "Well, you can f**k right off."

Then, about two years ago, I watched all of them in quick succession. Laughed my ass off. Now I think it's a great show. It's actually quite brilliant and hilarious. I think if its fanbase hadn't been quite the self-congratulatory elitist dicks that they were it would have lasted longer.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2013, 09:00:56 PM »

Let's go for something a bit more recent.  The thankfully short lived Allen Gregory

Small | Large

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2013, 10:11:00 AM »

Amen to that, man.

Dharma & Greg

Double amen.  Now if they could get "Two Broke Girls" off the air, that would really float the boat. What a pair of stupid idiots...
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2013, 10:52:34 AM »

Jon And Kate Plus 8...my wife use to watch that beyotch and her ugly ass kids.  I thought they were gone until I saw them on People Magazine recently.    Hatred  Go the hell away.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2013, 02:47:26 AM »

I thought According To Jim was pretty stupid.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2013, 03:55:08 PM »

Seinfeld....the appeal of this one always escaped me

My wife and I love it.  I have the entire collection on DVD.  We have watched the entire series 3 times and are currently on our 4th viewing (we're up to season 7 of 9).  Few TV shows make me laugh out loud.  But Seinfeld always gets laughs out of me.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2013, 01:31:39 AM »

Indeed. The whole "Ross and Rachel" thing just flat-out disgusted me because it went on and on and on into each and every episode, even years after it was supposed to be over. It was like herpes and luggage; both of which you just carry around with you for years.

Another TV show that I'm glad is no longer around is Sarah Palin's Alaska. I live in Alaska, I voted for her and even liked her as a governor before she quit because she was actually not a bad leader...but the show itself sucked. That is not what Alaska is really like, and that is not how real Alaskans live. We don't all drive around in our motorhomes with the family in tow and say "Oh, I think we'll drive to Kodiak today!" (inside joke: Kodiak is an island, you can't drive to it)

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
ChaosTheory

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2013, 01:29:50 PM »

Had you posted this thread about a year ago I would have said Arrested Development.  I HATED that show despite only watching it a few times.  I never really found it that funny to begin with, mostly because it seemed that a majority of the characters where annoying.  Also I got tired of everyone telling me "its the best show you're not watching" all the time.  And some of those people where snotty about it as well. 

Entertainment Weekly  (which I was getting free at the time because I had signed up for  a member ship awards card at a video store) would constanly talk about how great Arrested Development was like it was the be-all end-all of entertainment.  The final straw for me was when I saw one of the creators win an award and said something like " Once again proving we're the best show your not watching". He said it in such a condescending way, like he was really saying "See how awesome we are. Watch our show, you know nothing #$%#%heads!"

I was glad when it was gone.     

I liked AD, but I totally get your argument here.  I had the exact same reaction to 30 ROCK.

I'm really glad THE NEW NORMAL got cancelled.  Every single character was a grotesque stereotype and the whole thing was just a big soapbox for Ryan Murphy anyway. 

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2013, 03:45:27 PM »

HEAR, HEAR!

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
ChaosTheory

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2013, 02:10:56 PM »

Yeah, it was.  I hate all of those Everybody Loves Raymond rip-off, "HaHa isn't marriage horrible" sitcoms where all the women are neurotic sex-witholding scolds, all the men are  morons who do nothing but watch sports and trip over their own dicks.  It's pathetic.
(Not that I was crazy about Everybody Loves Raymond either, but at least Peter Boyle was funny sometimes.)

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2013, 07:54:59 PM »

Thirtysomething was pretty stupid. This show came out when I entered puberty and was done right around the end of my junior year of high school, and made me rue the day when I turned 30. Now at 39, I can say that life in my 30s wasn't anywhere near as bad as that show made it out to be. I just found it hard to feel sorry for people who had nice cars, nice houses, and nice jobs. Oh, the harsh life of the middle class well-to-do! Times are tough in that 'hood, yo!  Drink

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2013, 09:39:56 PM »

I was glad when GCB tanked.  I found the whole concept for that show highly offensive.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2013, 07:42:53 AM »

Hated that show.  Maybe got one chuckle out of it per season.  Schwimmer made me feel embarrassed to be watching it.

Passions - soap opera they used to have on SyFy for a while.  They tried to make it out to be some sort of scary witchcraft thing - the witchcraft was handled with all the seriousness of Bewitched.  Absolutely horrible acting, real elementary school play stuff with actors reciting dialogue without a hint of emotion.  Absolutely nothing ever happened on the show.  Conversations that should have taken five minutes were dragged out to a week's worth of episodes just going round and round in circles.  I remember at the beginning some girl was pining after some guy - watched a couple episodes 8 years later and the same girl was still pining after the same guy.  Absolutely nothing had changed.  Even when it was well known the show was in its last month before cancellation and all the fans were begging for something to finally happen, not a damned thing did.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Shows you're glad are gone « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.