Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:23:10 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  An old 70s martial art movie with five masters vs. an evil wizard (Not 5 Venoms) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: An old 70s martial art movie with five masters vs. an evil wizard (Not 5 Venoms)  (Read 4447 times)
daveblackeye15
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: August 31, 2013, 11:32:00 AM »

I've been going around a few message boards trying to figure out this old martial art movie. Just going to copy and paste what I recall.

There's gonna be a lot of spoilers because most of what I remember was the huge final fight. I'm quite sure it didn't have any of the real big name main stream martial art actors and it was a really cheap movie too.

I once rented from Blockbuster a movie that featured an old master putting a team together of five students. No not Fight Deadly Venoms, I have that movie. There are bits and pieces I remember but I'll put spoiler warnings just in case, the film was pretty brutal actually.

*spoilers to a film*
I remember there were five students...
-A guy you'd think of as a typical martial art hero, strong, quick, honest and polite. Just calling him Hero for Typical Hero.
-A big guy who was slow but really strong with a bad temper.
-There were two scam artists that were drafted, one was trained in weapon uses and his partner I do not remember what his gimmick was.
-A fifth that I cannot remember a thing about, maybe this one had great balance and jumped on poles?

Anyway the master rounds them up and gives them painful training, they try to escape, he catches them and beats them up and forces them to continue. They get better, there was also a woman who helped take care of them. Then there was a bad guy who had five masters of his own. The last half hour of the movie was basically a long fight scene. All the good guys beat their counterparts but one was a huge pain in the ass and two heroes gang up on him and run him through with a spear, no might have been a snake turned into a spear. So the big bad steps in and kills Typical Hero and then Big Guy, the good master breaks an amulet he has on his chest and finally the last three students kill him by ramming a log through his body. Then the two pieces explode and the movie just ends. Evil Master also threw bombs that were in the shape of skulls.

Oh yeah and the good master cut his arm off to escape a spell and the woman was killed. The evil master had all sorts of neat spells and weapons, like skull shaped bombs, which he used during the finale to destroy the huts of the good guys. There was also a middle scene where Hero tries to woo or be nice to Girl, showing her a ring his mother had given him before dying meant for his future wife, then the two con men hold up puppets and ruin the potential moment.

Big Guy's intro involved him pulling a huge cart up a hill and the con men jump on it for an easy ride, when Big finds them he gets super p**sed.

I remember liking it because for once I was on the edge of my seat and wondering if the heroes were actually going to win. Might not be so good now but I'm curious.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Bushma

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 12:40:14 PM »

I get my Kung Fu movies mixed up, but it sounds like it could be Five Fighters From Shaolin.

Small | Large

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
VenomX73

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 12:50:09 PM »

Oh yeah and the good master cut his arm off to escape a spell and the woman was killed.

I have never seen that in a Kung Fu movie...

Now I'm curious.

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
Bushma

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 02:30:37 PM »

Just watched Five Fighters From Shaolin again, and that's what you're looking for.

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
daveblackeye15

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 02:59:50 PM »

Yep that's it! Thanks!

Oh and about the 'arm thing' the master cut off his arm to escape being taken control, while the woman was killed by the bad master's henchmen. It sounded like someone though the two incidents were related.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
VenomX73

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 04:29:28 PM »

I need to watch it later... Thumbup

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  An old 70s martial art movie with five masters vs. an evil wizard (Not 5 Venoms) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.