Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:38:55 PM
714447 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  "Good" Movies only YOU think are unintentional funny « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: "Good" Movies only YOU think are unintentional funny  (Read 18976 times)
claws
« on: September 16, 2013, 04:57:01 AM »

For me it got to be Point Break (1991). It's definitely a "guy cult film" but, whatever earnest intentions they had filming it just comes off as ridiculous and cheesy to me. I can't help but think that whoever wrote the script really disliked Keanu Reeves. So when I watch the movie and witness the non stop abuse Reeves must endure, I can't help but giggle throughout the film.
The naked butt surveillance footage evidence always makes me burst out laughing, and I'm in tears when Keanu Reeves' character recognizes the naked butt again on some surfer dude.

Point Break wants to be so cool yet its wrapped in layers of hidden cheese only I seem to notice. That makes it my favorite unintentional funny movie ever.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 06:34:11 AM »

Planet of the Apes (2001) - some of, well a lot of the dialogue in that thing is just laughably bad.  You can see Hollywood trying to shovel their usual political correctness on the audience but it's so clumsily done that I genuinely can't tell if it was an intentional parody or not.  I think it wasn't, which makes it all the more funny.  And then there was some part where the apes wouldn't cross a stream because they were afraid of water.  I mean, they drink the stuff, right?  If you can put it in your body without harm chances are pretty good you can walk through it.  And all the jumping around like crickets;  where in the world did they come up with that idea?

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 08:05:40 AM »

The Exorcist.  That thing is freakin' hi-larious!

I haven't the foggiest idea how anyone can take it seriously.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
skuts
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 02:42:31 PM »

The original European version of The Vanishing was extremely funny to me. I thought the ending was a punchline straight out of EAPoe. I was the only person in the theater who laughed at the ending.

Babies taste best.
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 03:55:29 PM »

The Mist (2007) was funny for me because I had already read the novella a bunch of times long before ever seeing it. The CGI monsters, while well-done for CGI, were still obviously CGI and therefore not very scary, just computer-cartoony funny. But that still worked well for the over-the-top comic book style of every Stephen King story. When the bible-thumping Ms. Carmody ultimately got her comeuppance via getting her brains blown out at one of the film's climactic scenes, I was literally the only one in the movie theater that laughed out loud with a hellacious "YEAH!" Even my dad, who I went to watch it with, had pointed out "I think you were the only one in the theater that laughed at that part. It was mildly amusing."  BounceGiggle

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 05:54:24 PM »

Signs is pretty damn funny, especially the first half of it.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2013, 09:30:02 PM »

In retrospect, Do the Right Thing was a little ridiculous, if not funny haha
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2013, 01:55:38 PM »

In retrospect, Do the Right Thing was a little ridiculous, if not funny haha

I see nothing "funny" about that movie.

Wink

------------------
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2013, 03:14:44 PM »

Zelmo- It's essentially a blaxploitation movie and not a very realistic one. Wouldn't Mookie go to jail the next day? and why did they goad the guy into saying the n word. and who "fought the power" ?  NO one as far as I can tell. they destroyed their neighborhood in the name of racial purity. Burning down a pizza place is the definition of cutting of your nose to spite your face.
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2013, 06:20:05 PM »

Zelmo- It's essentially a blaxploitation movie and not a very realistic one. Wouldn't Mookie go to jail the next day? and why did they goad the guy into saying the n word. and who "fought the power" ?  NO one as far as I can tell. they destroyed their neighborhood in the name of racial purity. Burning down a pizza place is the definition of cutting of your nose to spite your face.

I was agreeing with you. The funny picture only illustrates the silliness of the movie. Yes, Mookie would have gone to jail for inciting a riot, vandalism, among other things. The "n word" scene with Sal the Pizza Shop Owner was meant to teach all of us a lesson...never mind the blatant anti-white and anti-Asian racism that permeated all through the rest of the film up to that point. "Fight The Power" was Spike Lee completely misinterpreting the message of the Public Enemy song, which was about black people getting more involved in politics and "fighting the power" -- or the system that was keeping black people down -- with a vote...and that's it.

Spike Lee misses the point a lot in his movies, which is funny because he is supposed to be the one making the point in the first place. His most recent transgression was Miracle at St. Anna (2008), which was filled with so many historical inaccuracies that it deserves a review by Andrew right here at Badmovies.org, but also apparently gave Spike Lee the right to call out Clint Eastwood for basically being a racist for not portraying the Black Man's contributions to World War II on Iwo Jima accurately in Eastwood's Letters From Iwo Jima (2006)...never mind that the film was telling the Japanese side of the Battle of Iwo Jima, not the American side; and the U.S. military was not integrating blacks and whites into the same units until 1953, not that the Japanese troops on the island would have noticed nor cared either way.

Though I enjoyed Do The Right Thing (1989) strictly as racially charged comedy, I do not take it anywhere near as serious as Spike Lee did. And I certainly don't rank it up there with the more important films of what I like to call the Black Hollywood Renaissance of the Late 1980s, which included films like Mississippi Burning (1988), Glory (1989), Lean On Me (1989), and of course Harlem Nights (1989). (okay, I'm joking about that last one)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 06:24:06 PM by zelmo73 » Logged

------------------
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2013, 07:05:23 PM »

It was a colorful well made movie. I think in when the smoke clears, no pun intended, it has some issues for the reasons you describe. it's better than the one with the guy with the bionic dick as far as blaxploitation goes.

A few months ago there was a list of his top 50 movies and Mel Gibson's Apocalypto was one. That makes sense they are both very populist, Pat Buchanan ish preserve the community in tone.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2013, 03:26:22 PM »

nice thread

I've read loads of reviews for this film and they all seem to agree it's a solid but pretty unremarkable werewolf based who-dun-it... but no one ever points out it's a work of unintentionally camp comedy genius, which is how I see it. I must've watched it 50+ times and still get the lol's...

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2013, 02:30:12 AM »

This Oscar nominated, critically praised stupid piece of anti-South African propaganda  Thumbdown

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2013, 02:32:15 AM »

The Exorcist.  That thing is freakin' hi-larious!

I haven't the foggiest idea how anyone can take it seriously.

The South African censors took it seriously enough to ban it for nearly two decades.  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2013, 01:57:22 PM »

Despite its heavy subject matter, I found the cheesy props used in Schindler's List (1993) to be rather comical. The silly blood squirting from bullet holes in Jewish heads, which were so obviously a bloodlike liquid squirting from a not-very-hidden tube and bag prop on the virtual-unfortunate actor's or actress' body, rendered the image that we were supposed to take from the film as practically useless.

Also with some of the dead body props, which were so obviously fake. Why not use a real actor in place of a dummy prop?

As much accolades that were awarded to Steven Spielberg over this movie, it was definitely Amateur Night as far as his special effects team was concerned. I've seen better movie effects done on absolutely horrible B-movies, some of which were reviewed right here on Badmovies.org!  BounceGiggle

------------------
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  "Good" Movies only YOU think are unintentional funny « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.