Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:47:51 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  FRIGHT NIGHT 2: NEW BLOOD (2013) (Some Spoilers) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FRIGHT NIGHT 2: NEW BLOOD (2013) (Some Spoilers)  (Read 5346 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: October 10, 2013, 08:58:21 PM »

OK, this is a supposed sequel to the remake of FRIGHT NIGHT from a couple of years ago.  But it really isn't.  Not a single cast member or character from the 2011 FRIGHT NIGHT graces this one.  It does, however, share a lot of character names and situations with the original FRIGHT NIGHT, one of my favorite horror/comedy films of all time.

Charlie Brewster is an American student, travelling with classmates to Romania for an advanced course in art history.  He is trying to make up with his recent ex, Amy Peterson, despite the mocking banter of his friend and roommate, Evil Ed Bates.  The instructor of the art history class they are taking is a beautiful woman named Jerri Dandridge.  But she is secretly  (MAJOR SPOILER ALERT HERE)

none other than Countess Elizabeth Bathory of Hungary, who has kept herself alive with the blood of virgins for 400 years.  Now she seeks the blood of a virgin born at midnight at the turn of the millennium in order to regain the ability to walk abroad in daylight.

Becoming aware of Dandridge's designs on the beautiful, innocent Amy, Charlie and Ed call on reality show host Peter Vincent, who is shooting an episode in Bucharest (how convenient!) to deal with the fanged menace.

Overall, this was a LOT better than the 2011 remake, but still doesn't hold a candle to the original.  That being said, it was still moderately entertaining.  Plus Jerri Dandridge is pretty smokin'!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 03:59:09 PM »

Plus Jerri Dandridge is pretty smokin'!

Question  BounceGiggle

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 05:28:42 PM »

I said Jerri, NOT Jerry!!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 01:42:35 PM »

So, what we have here is a sequel to a remake of an original, which also had a sequel, or a remake of the sequel to the remake. My head hurts.
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 06:30:13 PM »

Just go with it.  Pretend the earlier movie never existed.

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 02:28:33 PM »

Just go with it.  Pretend the earlier movie never existed.

I wish I could, but once a movie is seen it is seldom ever forgotten.
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 07:31:27 PM »

So, what we have here is a sequel to a remake of an original, which also had a sequel, or a remake of the sequel to the remake. My head hurts.

Yeah, watch what happens when they make a sequel to this new RoboCop movie. Or the new Carrie movie. These silly kids today with their silly CGI special effects.  Lookingup

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  FRIGHT NIGHT 2: NEW BLOOD (2013) (Some Spoilers) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.