Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:51:03 AM
712928 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What time is it where you are? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: What time is it where you are?  (Read 17105 times)
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2013, 02:47:33 PM »

7:15 PM.  Lunchtime at work.

You take your lunch in the evening?  Smile
I start work at 2PM and get off at 10:30PM, so yeah.  I usually take it around there but sometimes the work flow throws it off just a bit and it take it earlier/later.

Now it's 11:46 AM and I should be getting off my duff and picking up stuff for Thanksgiving fixin's next week.  I make enchiladas.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2013, 12:37:52 PM »

I am from the U.S., but I am currently in Belgium on a work assignment.  It is 4:51 p.m. here, but 10:51 a.m. back home.  Here it is chilly and overcast.  I and there is no beer within arm's reach.  Therefore, I will be leaving my room shortly for some food and drink.

If you don't mind me asking, The Burgomaster, how is the local beer in Belgium? And the local chocolate? And can you get a Belgian waffle in Belgium? Some 50 years ago, when my late father was still in the U.S. Navy, he visited Belgium and brought back some Belgian chocolate. I remember, after all this time, it being pretty good. He didn't bring back any of the local beer or waffles, though.

The beer is great.  I especially like some of the Trappist beers (those wacky monks!) And the alcohol content is generally double (or more) the alcohol content of American beers.  I bring home chocolate every time I go.  The last time I was there, I brought home a few hundred dollars worth and we ended up throwing a lot of it away (even after giving some to just about everyone we knew).  I was a bit more conservative on this trip and brought home only about $80 worth.  The waffles are also good (although, Belgians don't refer to them as Belgian waffles . . . they're just called waffles).  For the most part, they aren't eaten for breakfast (as they are in the U.S.)  They seem to be more popular as afternoon snacks (often dipped in chocolate).

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2013, 04:39:45 PM »

I am from the U.S., but I am currently in Belgium on a work assignment.  It is 4:51 p.m. here, but 10:51 a.m. back home.  Here it is chilly and overcast.  I and there is no beer within arm's reach.  Therefore, I will be leaving my room shortly for some food and drink.

If you don't mind me asking, The Burgomaster, how is the local beer in Belgium? And the local chocolate? And can you get a Belgian waffle in Belgium? Some 50 years ago, when my late father was still in the U.S. Navy, he visited Belgium and brought back some Belgian chocolate. I remember, after all this time, it being pretty good. He didn't bring back any of the local beer or waffles, though.

The beer is great.  I especially like some of the Trappist beers (those wacky monks!) And the alcohol content is generally double (or more) the alcohol content of American beers.  I bring home chocolate every time I go.  The last time I was there, I brought home a few hundred dollars worth and we ended up throwing a lot of it away (even after giving some to just about everyone we knew).  I was a bit more conservative on this trip and brought home only about $80 worth.  The waffles are also good (although, Belgians don't refer to them as Belgian waffles . . . they're just called waffles).  For the most part, they aren't eaten for breakfast (as they are in the U.S.)  They seem to be more popular as afternoon snacks (often dipped in chocolate).

That's nice to know Burgomaster. While I have visited most of the countries in northern Europe, I have never visited Belgium. Maybe I can get there for the 200th anniversary of the Battle of Waterloo, which will be in 2015.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2013, 05:34:41 PM »

That's nice to know Burgomaster. While I have visited most of the countries in northern Europe, I have never visited Belgium. Maybe I can get there for the 200th anniversary of the Battle of Waterloo, which will be in 2015.

Belgium is definitely worth visiting.  I've been there about 4 times for work.  We always stay in Gent, but I've also visited Bruges, Antwerp, and Brussels on various day-trips.  Each one of those cities is a different experience.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2013, 12:51:11 AM »

Belgium is definitely worth visiting.  I've been there about 4 times for work.  We always stay in Gent, but I've also visited Bruges, Antwerp, and Brussels on various day-trips.  Each one of those cities is a different experience.

Welcome back, Burgo.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Bella
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2014, 11:39:58 AM »

It is 11:39 A.M. and I just ate breakfast.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2014, 01:02:29 AM »

08h01 AM here in Pretoria: the start of another work week.  Smile

It's 08h02 now.  Wink

Bella
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2014, 06:21:00 AM »

6:20 A.M. here. WTH am I doing up?
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2014, 06:39:22 AM »

Almost 13h40 here and it is about to rain.  Cheers

Bella
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2014, 06:47:58 AM »

6:47 A.M. I still can't believe I am awake. I don't start school until January 27th.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2014, 12:33:41 PM »

11:23:33, CST, Whitney, Texas, USA.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 12:38:06 PM by alandhopewell » Logged

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2014, 12:44:40 PM »

11:43 AM here in Minnesota.  Lunchtime.  Only thing that ruins lunch is having to go back to work afterwards.  They shouldn't make a person do that on Friday.  It seems a bit unfair to me.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Bella
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2014, 01:33:15 PM »

1:32 P.M. and just finished watching The Internship. It was an OK movie so I didn't just waste my last 2 hours.
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2014, 06:11:41 PM »

It's 6:11 PM Eastern Time.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2014, 06:22:51 PM »

There is no time here.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What time is it where you are? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.