Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:17:19 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Thoughts on 9/11? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: Thoughts on 9/11?  (Read 30708 times)
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #75 on: November 16, 2013, 11:52:41 AM »

I am one of this forum's resident right wingers, but even so, I would like to suggest that perhaps this topic should be steered away from becoming a political debate that will inevitably turn into a flame war and change nobody's mind?

... this is pointless.  And, to be honest, a bit disrespectful of the original topic.
Indy, I wish the knuckleheads would listen to you.  

Hey. there's only one group of knuckleheads, watch how you talk about my boys:

VVHCWvlVfiw

BounceGiggle Twirling  
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 11:58:06 AM by Umaril Has Returned » Logged
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #76 on: November 16, 2013, 12:18:27 PM »

I am one of this forum's resident right wingers, but even so, I would like to suggest that perhaps this topic should be steered away from becoming a political debate that will inevitably turn into a flame war and change nobody's mind?

... this is pointless.  And, to be honest, a bit disrespectful of the original topic.

This sentiment bears threepeating.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #77 on: November 16, 2013, 01:37:59 PM »

How can you not be political about 9/11? Just another one of those "man-made disasters", like the JFK assassination, I guess. "Nothing to see here...move along...nothing to see here..."  Drink

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2013, 01:53:47 PM »

How can you not be political about 9/11? Just another one of those "man-made disasters", like the JFK assassination, I guess. "Nothing to see here...move along...nothing to see here..."  Drink

While I only partially agree with the statement on it being "man-made" as we all know what man (and his men) will continue to get the blame for it, I will say that as we get farther away from it, as time marches on, it will be just another day at the office in the minds of future Americans and people across the world.

However, at the same time, as historians and other analysts continue to advance, prove and\or disprove the reasons and theories behind it, I think one thing that will always remain will be the blame game. How future generations will shape and influence that, remains to be seen; as it will either be the same old, same old, or whether new ideas will arise.

So as we see, the more things change, the more some things stay the same.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #79 on: November 16, 2013, 04:34:50 PM »

Your attack on Obama had nothing to do with 9/11 and took the thread off topic.

zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #80 on: November 16, 2013, 07:13:31 PM »

My criticism of Obama was in response to someone else reflecting on the warpath that our current president is flirting around with, "and here we are 12 years later getting ready to take on Syria". I could go into where those WMDs in Syria obviously came from (Iraq, pre-2003 invasion), which would then lead us back to what I posted earlier about the Clinton Administration's 1998 indictment of Osama Bin Laden working in collusion with Iraq and their weapons of mass destruction program; Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11, but Osama Bin Laden and Al Qaeda did. Then where would we be? Derailed still?

9/11 was all about politics. The people that died that day were simply the casualties resulting from those politics.

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #81 on: November 16, 2013, 07:37:42 PM »

9/11 happened when terrorist hijacked planes, two hit the Twin Towers, one hit the Pentagon, the last one was unsuccessful- it crashed in a field. Many died, it was a day we never forget. TELL ME HOW THIS HAS TO DO WITH OBAMA? It doesn't, I find it personally as a checkey way to stab at him because some here are to uptight about him in office, S**T HAPPENS, deal with it. Now back to the topic or this gets locked, please.

yeah no.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2013, 07:49:03 PM »

My criticism of Obama was in response to someone else reflecting on the warpath that our current president is flirting around with, "and here we are 12 years later getting ready to take on Syria". I could go into where those WMDs in Syria obviously came from (Iraq, pre-2003 invasion), which would then lead us back to what I posted earlier about the Clinton Administration's 1998 indictment of Osama Bin Laden working in collusion with Iraq and their weapons of mass destruction program; Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11, but Osama Bin Laden and Al Qaeda did. Then where would we be? Derailed still?

9/11 was all about politics. The people that died that day were simply the casualties resulting from those politics.

It's true that you were not the first or the only one to take the thread off topic. Talking about Syria was already off topic. But no one had posted on that point for over two months before you reopened the thread with an attack on Obama. While 9/11 may have been brought about by politics, it was not brought about by Republican/Democratic rivalries.

P.S. Don't worry, El Misfit can't lock a topic.  Wink

Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2013, 11:41:05 PM »

9-11 may not have been brought about by Democratic\Republican rivalries, but a certain Democratic president, y'know the one who did NOT have sex with that woman, let Osama Bin  Laden slip thru his hands 3 or 4 times in his presidency.

That said, some will still say that Bush may have been resp. for the second attack on 9-11 as some say, but Clinton's lack of action on crebible whereabouts of Bin Laden, and his excuse that the Taliban and Al Qaeda wasn't a certified threat at that time, were what made the first attack possible. That's all I'll say.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2013, 01:13:02 AM »

... this is pointless.  And, to be honest, a bit disrespectful of the original topic.

Thanks, guys.

I started this thread because 9/11 is my birthday and since September 11 2001, after the horrors of that day, I have never been the same and I struggle with the idea that what should have been the best day in my life gave birth to a never ending cycle of hurt, grief and disbelief at what happened. In fact, my severe stress and other health issues can be traced back to that day.  Bluesad

I am not a political person and I never intended this thread to be pro or anti anything or anyone. Smile
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 05:11:40 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2013, 12:59:08 PM »

Thanks, guys.

I started this thread because 9/11 is my birthday and since September 11 2001, after the horrors of that day, I have never been the same and I struggle with the idea that what should have been the best day in my life gave birth to a never ending cycle of hurt, grief and disbelief at what happened. In fact, my severe stress and other health issues can be traced back to that day.  Bluesad

I am not a political person and I never intended this thread to be pro or anti anything or anyone. Smile

I wouldn't worry about it, Trevor.
You have a God-given right to ask others what they think or feel about any given subject no matter how controversial it may be. Naturally, some people will defer and not answer the questions and many more won't give the answers you're looking for, but that's man's nature. 
It's human nature to disagree, and disagreements happen. Each of us are responsible for our own thoughts\feelings, and we know you didn't intend it to be political. It's just that some of us are still incensed over the incident and the reasons some people speculate as the spark that caused it.

We all care about our country, as evidenced by the past arguments and the extremes they went to. If we didn't care we wouldn't be having this discussion.  Just try to remember to enjoy your birthday, and concentrate on life, not death. And remember that the people who caused 9-11 are weak cowards, and unworthy of life. And, also remember, that the weak destroy, but the strong rebuild. Enjoy your birthday, my friend., and have a drink on me  (or two!)   Cheers Cheers

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2013, 04:46:37 PM »

Our webmaster and host would prefer we avoid political discussions on this forum.  Though I'm guilty of participating in such myself, he's right.  Let's avoid doing so in future. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Thoughts on 9/11? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.