Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:34:09 AM
714393 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Pot « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Author Topic: Pot  (Read 27256 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2014, 04:25:10 PM »

http://takimag.com/article/legalize_itjust_dont_smoke_it/print

"Legalize it-- Just don't smoke it"

I agree with this. unfortunately, this kind of thinking is beyond the comprehension of a lot of people.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 08:22:18 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2014, 07:48:45 PM »

John Wayne said: "Life's hard. It's harder when you're stupid." Doing just about anything to chemically impair yourself makes life not only harder for you but for those family and friends who have to step in and take up the slack for you, whether you know they're doing it or not. I've known my share of drug users and while most wouldn't admit it, in every case someone to some extent did have to take up where they left off, making it unfair for that person. The war on drugs is a failure; people will always get stoned; and they'll always be doing something unwise when they do.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2014, 10:25:41 PM »

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2014, 10:34:18 PM »

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2014, 11:22:23 PM »

I've never used the stuff and never intend to  because if I did I would have to increase the dosage (read pay more) for some medications I'm on. That said, I find it strange that pot is illegal while alcohol and tobacco are legal and cause more damage to those using them.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 11:25:01 PM by bob » Logged

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

I'm no hero, never was. I'm just an old killer.

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2014, 12:45:34 AM »

I'm a fan.

This space free, since Photobucket is on dust.

PSN ID: A_Dubya13
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2014, 01:45:29 PM »

smoked a silly amount between the ages of 16 to 24, now haven't touched the stuff for over 12 yrs. it was great at first because it seemed to make music sound 10x better. I would stick a record I'd heard a thousand times before on, and hear things in it I'd never heard before, like a certain bassline or guitar line hidden in the mix... so that's great, but then it became something that I could feel distorting my mind and making me ultra paranoid. At one point when I was probably smoking about 10 spliffs a day, I actually started believing I was being stalked by a Chinese religious sect who were leaving secret clues and messages for me in the form of graffiti around the town where I lived. this became obsessional and turned me into a kind of hermit, and in retrospect it was 100% definitely due to my weed intake. so I'm glad I gave it up, the hardest drug I do these days is caffeine.  but as far as legalisation goes, I think it should be *my decision* to not smoke it, not the government's.

If alcohol and pot were both discovered tomorrow and a panel of scientists had to pick one to be the social intoxicant of choice, I have no doubt weed would win.
I've read that if alcohol was discovered tomorrow it would be an instant class A drug
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 01:55:29 PM by zombie #1 » Logged

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2014, 02:43:48 PM »

I've never smoked pot though I must admit I left a Pink Floyd concert feeling "interesting". I really see no problem with the legalization of it for medical use....it wouldn't suprise me if its use as a pain reliever and stress reducer had less harmful side effects than some pills. Also,I have no problem with a small amount for personal use. Down here I've seen far more damage done from those 12 pack a night beer drinkers than someone who lights up a joint to relax. Let the state regulate and tax it.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2014, 02:55:07 PM »

I smoked pot from 1973 until 1997, didn't smoke while locked up, smoked with my friend Dave after I got out; I haven't smoked any since I got here, because I don't know anyone here who sells, and penalties are harsher here than in Ohio.

Were it legal here, I'd smoke it. It's a great analgesic, and I enjoyed the relaxation you get from a buzz. Sure, you can use it to excess, and stay wasted all the time, but my friends and I were never like that. I don't really like alcohol that much, never did, and besides, it just makes me feel muddy and sleepy these days.

I never tried, or wanted to try heroin or crack, tried coke once BITD, didn't like it-made me feel jangly, not high. Same for speed, or downers; to  me, that's not being high. I did like acid, and mescaline, but so much of that that's out there is junk of unknown composition.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 03:01:30 PM by alandhopewell » Logged

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2014, 08:20:13 PM »

Was never a fan of it, nor am I now.  Back in high school, around 2001 or so, I was particularly straight-edge, and didn't drink or smoke pot.  However, I wrote a 15 page paper for a teacher of mine on how the use of marijuana should be legalized.

Since then, I've tried it.  Didn't particularly like it or feel anything.  Granted, I've only tried it about five times my entire life and then moved on to worse things. 

But yeah, I think it should be de-criminalized/legalized. 

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2014, 08:48:02 PM »

I don't smoke it but wouldn't mind seeing it legal.   Hell, I'd love to try to grow it. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
fulci420
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2014, 09:48:24 PM »

Anybody who smokes pot should go straight to jail, no get out free card!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2014, 12:03:10 AM »

Gosh, who'd that leave to be the jailers?

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2014, 10:27:47 AM »

I'd like to see an explanation for that statement, if you would be so kind.

yeah no.
fulci420
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2014, 03:12:08 PM »

I'd like to see an explanation for that statement, if you would be so kind.

Well my username has 420 in it so I was being sarcastic. Personally as someone who has two vices weed and alcohol, it is clear to me which is more harmful. I know from experience that you can excel academically (I was top of my class in 4th year university while smoking daily) and stay physically in excellent shape while smoking once or twice a day. You get drunk even 3 or 4 days a week and these things become extremely difficult as you will feel like crap half of the time and not have the energy to work out hard. Creatively as well it is very common for me to come back from a smoke with new song ideas and record/compose high quality material. Drinking you mostly just end up talking about creative stuff you want to do and never get around to it. As it is now I am cutting down on the drinking significantly but I cant foresee taking away having a spliff at night as I really do love it. There is a limit though, you cant just start smoking in the morning and accomplish much of anything. Everything in moderation even moderation.

As for legality its completely insane that any person would be in jail for smoking pot. I mean my mayor Rob Ford smokes much worse and hes the mayor!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Pot « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.