Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:03:36 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Guardians of The Galaxy trailer « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Guardians of The Galaxy trailer  (Read 8192 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« on: February 19, 2014, 09:42:40 AM »

Here's the first trailer for Guardians of The Galaxy.
World Premiere of First Guardians of the Galaxy Trailer

I'm excited for this film.  However, I'm not quite sure how many non-comics fans even know about the comic and would be willing to see it.

It's supposed to tie in with the Avengers films/Marvel Universe, but it just seems a dark-horse type film. 

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 09:54:09 AM »

Starlord?  Is that his first or last name?

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 03:52:59 PM »

Looks like a bunch of CGI action and ran-dumb comedy.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 07:24:47 PM »

Looks pretty fun. 

Chainsawmidget
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 08:09:17 PM »

Starlord?  Is that his first or last name?
It's his superhero name. 
Bushma

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 10:52:18 PM »

This trailer would have had me going if it simply had a screen with the words "Raccoon with a machine gun"

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
dean

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 12:35:01 AM »

Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Javakoala
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 05:59:44 AM »

Oh, man, this looks like fun. But we gotta wait until August? Crap.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 08:39:23 PM »

I'll be there, when it opens. Not a big fan of the comic book series of the same name, but the trailer does make it look like it'll be a fun film to watch. Looking it up on wiki, apparently, there were two teams of Guardians. One from 1969 and one from 2008. The film is apparently based on the 2008 team. And one more item of note. The film has yet to be released to theaters, but there's already talk of doing a sequel for 2016.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2014, 09:01:32 PM »

I'll be there, when it opens. Not a big fan of the comic book series of the same name, but the trailer does make it look like it'll be a fun film to watch. Looking it up on wiki, apparently, there were two teams of Guardians. One from 1969 and one from 2008. The film is apparently based on the 2008 team. And one more item of note. The film has yet to be released to theaters, but there's already talk of doing a sequel for 2016.
This does focus on the current team, but Michael Rooker is playing Yondu, a member of the original team. 

If anyone saw The Avengers, the post-credits scene features Thanos, who'll play a part in here.  And the post-scene in Thor 2 had Benicio Del Toro as The Collector, a villain in this film.  Iron Man at one point was affiliated with Guardians, so I'm curious as to how the Guardians will play out in Avengers 2, or any future film involving them.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2014, 05:01:18 PM »

Galaxy of the Guardians
messedup
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2014, 06:36:46 PM »

Looks like a lot of fun.
James Gunn, man...Super, Slithers, wrote some Troma-stuff and the Dawn of the Dead-Remake...really looking forward to what he can do with it.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2014, 08:44:56 PM »

Looks like a lot of fun.
James Gunn, man...Super, Slithers, wrote some Troma-stuff and the Dawn of the Dead-Remake...really looking forward to what he can do with it.

Gunn has even written in a cameo by Lloyd Kaufman in some capacity.

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2014, 02:05:26 PM »

This does focus on the current team, but Michael Rooker is playing Yondu, a member of the original team. 

If anyone saw The Avengers, the post-credits scene features Thanos, who'll play a part in here.  And the post-scene in Thor 2 had Benicio Del Toro as The Collector, a villain in this film.  Iron Man at one point was affiliated with Guardians, so I'm curious as to how the Guardians will play out in Avengers 2, or any future film involving them.

Word has it. That this is being used to set up "Avengers 2."

Rumour also has it that Robert Downey, jr., as Iron Man was scheduled to make a cameo appearance in this film, but that idea was dropped, when Downey announced he was no longer interested in playing Iron Man. He will appear as Iron Man in "Avengers 2," but I don't know what is going to happen in "Avengers 3, as the rumour has it there will be an "Avengers 3." And as the rumours continue, he may be looking to play Sherlock Holmes again in a 3rd film in that series.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2014, 05:48:04 PM »

Last time I saw the trailer, I had to watch it with the sound off. This time I watched it with the sound on, as it was one of the trailers shown before the film "Pompeii," which I'll talk about later, and all I can say is that any film that uses Blue Swede's version of "Hooked on a Feeling," as part of its theme music, is okay in my book.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Guardians of The Galaxy trailer « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.