Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:08:54 PM
714415 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Putin signs treaty, adds Crimea to map of Russia « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Putin signs treaty, adds Crimea to map of Russia  (Read 9685 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: March 18, 2014, 01:23:48 PM »

Putin signs treaty, adds Crimea to map of Russia  

This is a story I think the whole world is watching, I have copied/pasted part of the article.  I have no opinion formed, myself:  

http://news.yahoo.com/putin-signs-treaty-adds-crimea-map-russia-135744676.html

"MOSCOW (AP) — With a sweep of his pen, President Vladimir Putin added Crimea to the map of Russia on Tuesday, describing the move as correcting past injustice and responding to what he called Western encroachment upon Russia's vital interests.

In an emotional 40-minute speech televised live from the Kremlin, Putin said "in people's hearts and minds, Crimea has always been an integral part of Russia."

He dismissed Western criticism of Sunday's Crimean referendum — in which residents of the strategic Black Sea peninsula overwhelmingly backed breaking off from Ukraine and joining Russia — as a manifestation of the West's double standards.

But the Russian leader insisted his nation has no intention to invade other regions of Ukraine, saying "we don't want a division of Ukraine, we don't need that."

Putin referred to Ukraine as a state born out of an illegal secession from the Soviet Union. He also argued that today's Ukraine includes "regions of Russia's historic south" and was created on a whim by the Bolsheviks.

The statement sounded as a clear warning to both the new Ukrainian government in Kiev and to the West to respect Russia's interests..."  

http://news.yahoo.com/putin-signs-treaty-adds-crimea-map-russia-135744676.html  

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 01:30:01 PM »

Starting to remind me how the NAZIs tried to reclaim the little bits & pieces of what used to be Germany...

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 02:31:05 PM »

Those lucky folks getting to hitch their wagon to that wonderful Russian economy when all the other Ukrainian's are stuck with that crummy old European Union lol.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 02:32:59 PM »

I don't think the EU even wants Ukraine. It's a Greece-like basket case financially
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 02:53:31 PM »

97% of the voters voted to join Russia, despite the fact that ethnic Russians make up only 59% of the population. Sounds legit.

Let's hope Putin stops here. He probably will, right? He's a reasonable guy. "W" said so!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 05:42:39 PM »

What percentage of voters in Austria approved its annexation to the Reich in 1936 again?  95%, wasn't it?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 08:09:38 PM »

good for him. Russia, China, Iran, Brazil  all these countries should assert themselves and kick the American policeman to the curb. End of the US hegemony will be the rebirth of America
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 08:40:08 PM »

good for him. Russia, China, Iran, Brazil  all these countries should assert themselves and kick the American policeman to the curb. End of the US hegemony will be the rebirth of America

Yep. If Russia gets stronger we'll just disband our army and stop intervening in overseas affairs, like we did during the Cold War.

Hitler is the one who turned us into the world's policeman in the first place. If you're an isolationist, nationalistic expansionist dictators are not your friends.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2014, 08:58:49 PM »

sphere of influence is different than actually conquering countries. US is all up in Putin's face surrounding him with missile shields and so forth. Finally he said enough.

I don't like Putin any more than any other politician. I don't even know why we still have politicians with the internet and all.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 09:11:50 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2014, 10:46:59 PM »

I think you have issues with authority in general. Me personally, I want to be king.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2014, 01:21:01 AM »

What percentage of voters in Austria approved its annexation to the Reich in 1936 again?  95%, wasn't it?

Österreicher sind zu Deutsch, mein Freund
English: Austrians are German too.   

Mein Großmutter (mutter Seite der Familie) hatte ein Großvater aus Deutschland und eine Großmutter aus Österreich

English: My grandmother (my mother's side of the family) had a grandfather from Germany and a grandmother from Austria.

Learning about my heritage when growing up, my grandmother said that sie Großeltern  (her grandparents ) always agreed that Austria always was a part of Germany. 

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2014, 06:18:36 AM »

And yet Austria was a thousand years old; Germany as a nation did not exist until 1870.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2014, 08:43:57 AM »

My ancestors on my Dad's side came from something called Prussia. The few stories that were passed down indicate a very very bleak existence there.
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2014, 11:04:44 AM »

And yet Austria was a thousand years old; Germany as a nation did not exist until 1870.

Correct-a-mundo. However, various Germanic tribes set up their own kingdoms, and an area known as "Germania" was officially recognized by the Romans before AD 100.  That, and the Migration Period when Germanic peoples went southward and established their own kingdoms as the Roman empire declined. 

The occupation of northern German territories led to the Napoleonic Wars (the Franco-Prussian War seeing "Nappy getting his ass whipped  Smile) and Germany was established in 1871 under control of Prussia.

So as you see, Germany always was a country, only never officially recognized until 1871.  But people will still disagree, and that's normal. To that I say this:

Es wird immer noch heiß diskutiert aber macht's nicht, weil wir trotzdem Deutsche sind. 

English: "It's still a matter of debate, but it dosen't matter because we are Germans anyway."
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2014, 11:39:21 AM »

Holodomor

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Putin signs treaty, adds Crimea to map of Russia « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.