Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:30:44 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Help: boy looks out window, sees Samurai/Knight/Demon on the hill near his house « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Help: boy looks out window, sees Samurai/Knight/Demon on the hill near his house  (Read 3332 times)
Mace
New Visitor

« on: May 26, 2014, 07:26:12 AM »

I hope this isn't some nightmare that I've held onto all my life.

The movie I am trying to remember, I only recall two scenes.

The boy looks out his window at night and sees the silhouette of a Knight or a Samurai, or a Demon, possibly on a horse. I'm fairly sure the eyes glow red.

The boy is being chased through a graveyard, or possibly some stone statues or columns. The Samurai is chasing him and swiping the air with a big weapon. There is mist on the ground.

I'm really reaching for this extra bit, the hillside had a dirt road running up it which was lined by trees and there were leaves on the road. The Samurai was there...
The Samurai spirit might even be a statue come to life and the graveyard could be a Japanese garden...

This was when I was very young (born 1979) so it must have been made before 1985 I reckon.

Thankyou very much for reading.
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 07:24:45 AM »

There are similarities to Neon Maniacs (1986), but there are also some difference in what you remember:

http://www.badmovies.org/movies/neonmaniacs/

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Mace
New Visitor

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 08:17:54 AM »

Thankyou Andrew, It doesn't ring any bells but I will check it out. :)
Mace
New Visitor

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 12:24:36 AM »

I've just checked Neon Maniacs and that isn't the one I remember. :(
I'm currently pawing through imdbs 1984 movie list, I'll check the earlier years too until I find it ;)
The Fake Macoy
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 05:10:49 PM »

Even though the time period is wrong, this has some similarities to Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story.  There's a similar looking scene involving a phantom, in armour similar to a samurai's, attacking him in a graveyard.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Help: boy looks out window, sees Samurai/Knight/Demon on the hill near his house « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.