Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:24:57 AM
714465 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Hate to do this, but... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hate to do this, but...  (Read 1467 times)
PSlugworth
« on: May 07, 2002, 03:51:10 PM »

I can't stand it any longer -- after years of searching, I've come up empty handed...  am I just nuts or has anyone else ever seen a movie that contained:

1.)  A creepy house/mansion...

2.)  A huge dinner table with all sorts of weird people at it
(one of them -- the head of the house? -- was a judge or something)

3.)  A model train going around a dinner table (carrying food on it, if I remember correctly)

4.)  People exiting the house by going down a slide??? that flung them into some sort of machine that shot their bones out at a target?

It's the absolute weirdest movie I've ever seen and I've been dying to figure out what the title is... for some reason, the title I always think of is "Beyond Weird," but that doesn't seem to have any results when I search for it...  don't let that throw you, though.  It appeared to have been made in the '70s or '80s...  if anyone has seen this movie and/or knows the title, for the love of God, please tell me!  Thanks in advance.
Will
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2002, 04:06:43 PM »

that sounds like Nothing But Trouble, maybe.....with Dan Aykroyd, Chevy Chase, and Demi Moore.  Awful movie, but I'm not sure if it's the one you're describing, as I've blocked most of the details out of my brain.
PSlugworth
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2002, 04:17:40 PM »

Wow!  Thanks a lot -- I've been trying to figure out the name of this movie for the past eleven years!
Akira Tubo
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2002, 04:52:43 PM »

I rather liked that movie.
Future Boy 3000
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2002, 05:40:19 PM »

Same here! Course, this is coming from the guy who put's Return of the Killer Tomatoes on his Top 10 List.
AndyC
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2002, 06:46:55 PM »

It had some funny ideas, but mostly disappointed me. I thought it was pretty dumb. Might not be as easy to see badly done comedy as so bad its good.

One thing I remember from just after the movie's realease was seeing the stars interviewed on TV, engaged in some very apologetic-sounding speculation of why the movie sucked so badly.
"I guess some things just look funny on paper" was the line I remember.
J.R.
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2002, 07:00:12 PM »

Nothing But Trouble is one of the seemingly thousands of bad comedies made by the Dan Aykroyd/John Candy/Chevy Chase clique that no one ever seems to remember actually coming out. Then you usually find it on a lazy Saturday morning, watch it and completly forget it. Then you see it on TV again and have no recolection of it...I think it's some sort of ouroborus tangent in the space-time continuum.
Frannie
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2002, 05:24:01 PM »

"You drive a BMW.  Act like it!"
john
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2002, 02:41:37 AM »

>4.) People exiting the house by going down a slide??? that flung them into some
>sort of machine that shot their bones out at a target?

Mr. Bonestripper!
Private Joker
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2002, 11:53:35 PM »

It's definately Nothing but Trouble.  A terrible movie, but I did find the two big ugly fat guys funny for some reason.  I don't know why in the hell my dad loves that flick.
Private Joker
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2002, 11:55:54 PM »

OK, OK, I admit it, I liked the movie and have seen it many times.  I think Chevy Chase is usually funny even if the flick he's in is bad.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Hate to do this, but... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.