Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:39:41 AM
714401 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Bill Cosby . . . a Rapist???? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: Bill Cosby . . . a Rapist????  (Read 38798 times)
pennywise37
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #75 on: January 01, 2016, 03:18:02 AM »

i'm sorry but i can't stand Woody Allen i have seen only films of his i liked and that were Scenes from a mall & Curse of the jade Scorpion and no i haven't seen Annie Hall yet. but the few i have seen were utter garbage minus the 2 i mentioned. though that one he did what 10 or 11 episodes his 1st one he filmed in Paris was an ok film. anyways back to Bill Cosby, if he goes to jail yeah i'll be sad about it but if he's guilty and did it he should go to jail.

i'll be sad only cause i grew up watching him on tv and listening to his comedy albums. in fact i was listening to his last album just recently that just came out as recent as (2013)!  i bought it when it came out actually. i don't remember if he was being accused at the time or not.

either way i was still laughing at one of the tracks called Not Rich i think it's called?
Jim H

« Reply #76 on: January 01, 2016, 12:10:26 PM »

Woody Allen didn't drug her and rape her while she was unconscious and helpless.
He's still creepy, but Cosby, it turns out, was far worse.

It's definitely bizarre, uncomfortable, and even creepy, but they didn't have a real father-daughter relationship when he was with Mia Farrow, she was of age when they started dating, and they've now been married for coming up on 20 years.  Have to agree it's not even in the same ballpark as, say, RAPING FIFTY PEOPLE.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #77 on: January 01, 2016, 02:00:08 PM »

legally and morally Cosby is the worse offender but both of them were morally wrong. The Allen's actions were legal and lesser in scale is beside the point

If you were married to a woman who had adopted children who you knew and had a relationship of some kind with would you date one of them?

Jim H- Mia Farrow might disagree. As I recall she had a lot to say on the issue and it wasn't pretty.

Both men were married to women their own age it's not like they are socially inept to the point where they had to do this stuff.
Jim H

« Reply #78 on: January 01, 2016, 02:40:13 PM »

Yeah, and I'd also say Winona Ryder's actions were morally wrong when she shoplifted, just even lesser in scale.  If I mentioned that and how Hollywood types go outside the law to get what they want even when they have the means, I suspect you'd find this to be an unhelpful comparison though.  That'd be the same school of logic as comparing Allen and Cosby.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #79 on: January 01, 2016, 03:19:27 PM »

That'd be the same school of logic as comparing Allen and Cosby.

having sex with what was essentially his step daughter is well into taboo territory and society has responded by ostacizing him to large extent, personally if not professionally.

The scandal broke in 1992, when Previn was 20 and her mother found nude Polaroids of her, taken by Allen. But he acknowledges that the relationship began in the late '80s, when Soon-Yi was a teenager. It was a tumultuous time for the Allen-Farrow family, as the couple was embroiled in an ugly, drawn-out separation, made all the more complicated by the children they shared. Allen is the biological father of Ronan Farrow and the adoptive parent of Dylan and Moshe Farrow. Many referred to Soon-Yi as Allen's stepdaughter, though he never assumed legal guardianship over her or any of Farrow's other children.

http://www.refinery29.com/2015/07/91571/woody-allen-soon-yi-previn#.xh3hmoh:1pBv
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 03:26:34 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Jim H

« Reply #80 on: January 01, 2016, 05:08:48 PM »

I feel like you're arguing against something I didn't actually say (that what Allen did wasn't both wrong and taboo), so I'll just leave it at this:

Shoplifting is wrong.  Being involved with someone barely old enough to consent while you are far older than them and may have had some degree of parenting with previously is very wrong. 

Raping dozens of women over decades is so much worse that it should not be compared to it, and doing so trivializes rape.
pennywise37

« Reply #81 on: January 01, 2016, 06:06:30 PM »

why is Winona Ryder being brought into this? shoplifting is nothing compared to the stuff that both Allen & Cosby both pulled they were both wrong.

shoplifting isn't even in the same universe as that.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #82 on: January 01, 2016, 07:02:38 PM »

Jim - I guess I see Allen's crime as ongoing, to an extent. at the same time, it wasn't illegal and I suppose that says something.

pennywise37

« Reply #83 on: January 01, 2016, 09:26:56 PM »

both men are Disgusting in the things they did. if it's true that Allen dated his step daughter in her teens  was it ever revealed how old she was ? if it's under 18 it's rape by law as you both know and he should be in jail not married to her. i'm sorry i just don't get what people see in Woody Allen, women in particular my mom was a teenager when he did his 1st film in the 60's and even she doesn't see what women see in him.

in real life or in his films.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #84 on: January 02, 2016, 12:20:35 AM »

I'm a big fan I have to admit. His movies give you a lot to think about and he has a great deal of skill particularly in writing, giving the characters motivations that make sense and the plot being logical and relatable.
pennywise37

« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2016, 07:44:12 PM »

bill cosby or woody allen?
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2016, 08:00:32 PM »

woody
pennywise37

« Reply #87 on: January 03, 2016, 06:02:57 PM »

oh, i dunno why people love Woody Allen even before i saw anything he's done i never understood it. i thought hannah & her sisters was also terrible as well i think it was TCM i saw that on  a few years back. great acting but boring ass movie. much like most of the films i've seen of his. kinda like Orson Wells though i don't think he's not talented i think he was a great director but like him as an actor over a writer as anything i've seen that he's written just bores me to death too.

to use another example. at least with Cosby yes he's done bad films but he's also done films i love as well.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #88 on: January 03, 2016, 06:20:54 PM »

Woody was great up until ANNIE HALL but after that he's pretty spotty.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2016, 06:21:19 PM »

I think only Yankees understand Woody Allen.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Bill Cosby . . . a Rapist???? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.