Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:15:00 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  another FRIDAY 13TH movie (?) « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: another FRIDAY 13TH movie (?)  (Read 6796 times)
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« on: March 10, 2015, 06:34:14 PM »

http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/movies/a33129/friday-the-13th-sequel-brad-fuller-interview/

interview with Brad Fuller here from last month, discussing the next Friday 13th movie which appears to be going ahead with May 2016 being touted as a release date

Is anyone anticipating this? I think I am. even tho I'm not a huge fan, in fact they usually disappoint to some degree, I'll always make time to watch a new Friday 13th.  good news is the 'found footage' style movie which was being mentioned as a possible direction appears to have been scrapped.

in fact there seems to be an entirely original new angle they're going for:

It will involve Jason Voorhees. It will involve kids having sex and smoking weed. They will be at camp.

talk about taking a risk!  Smile

-
edit: I absolutely hated the 2009 remake. didn't realise until now that it was done by Michael Bay's production company, which explains a lot. sadly this new one looks like it's being done by them too, although as long as Bay himself isn't directing it I think there's hope
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 06:38:32 PM by zombie #1 » Logged

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
rebel_1812
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 09:04:04 PM »

the texas chainsaw massacre was done with michael bay's production company too.  The two movies do have a similar feel.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 09:40:39 PM »

I'm sure I'll watch it eventually.  Might not in theaters.

Oddly, I did like the TCM remake and sequel they did. 

Buggedout

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 08:47:38 AM »

If it's a standard sequel done in the traditional style I might like it.  So long as it's not a remake, Rob Zombie's not involved, and no Hollywood cretin tries to "reinvent" the damned thing.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
major jay

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 08:53:28 AM »

Hell yeah, bring it on. Ain't nothing wrong with having another slasher flick. Plus I've liked most of the series's sequels (especially VI).

rebel_1812
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 01:58:59 PM »

If it's a standard sequel done in the traditional style I might like it.  So long as it's not a remake, Rob Zombie's not involved, and no Hollywood cretin tries to "reinvent" the damned thing.

lol good point.  Rob Zombie must have some serious hollywood connections to be the go to guy for horrorfilms.

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2015, 03:37:48 PM »

Buggedout
I don't remember much about the TCM remake except that I didn't hate it.

and no Hollywood cretin tries to "reinvent" the damned thing.

I guess that's where the found footage thing came in, which has now been ditched

Hell yeah, bring it on. Ain't nothing wrong with having another slasher flick. Plus I've liked most of the series's sequels (especially VI).
Part 3 and Part 8 are kind of guilty pleasures for me, so bad they're good. I only got round to seeing part 5 a few months ago. cheese on toast, but I enjoyed it

Jim H

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2015, 04:08:48 PM »

Buggedout
I don't remember much about the TCM remake except that I didn't hate it.

and no Hollywood cretin tries to "reinvent" the damned thing.

I guess that's where the found footage thing came in, which has now been ditched

Part 3 and Part 8 are kind of guilty pleasures for me, so bad they're good. I only got round to seeing part 5 a few months ago. cheese on toast, but I enjoyed it

Which ones have you seen?  A few of them are legitimately sold, or at least entertaining.  The Final Chapter for example.  I also think Jason Lives is worth a watch.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2015, 04:58:47 PM »

I've now seen all of them. Part 5 was the one I held off watching the longest because I kept reading it wasn't a 'real' F13 movie. I think it fits in fine with the series though

The only ones I remember thinking were really substandard were Part 7, Jason Goes To Hell, Freddy vs Jason and the remake. All the others have their various merits and flaws but are basically watchable imo

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2015, 06:22:58 PM »

Considering the 12 scripts that got rejected for Freddy vs. Jason that were really terrible...Freddy vs. Jason turned out as fine as it could've given the circumstances. 

At one point a script had Corey Feldman returning as Tommy and Heather Lagenkamp as Nancy...which sounds okay, but I think it involved a cult called Fred-Heads or some such. Buggedout

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2015, 08:13:02 PM »

I'm really not a Freddy Kruger fan which may have contributed to me not getting Freddy v Jason. might give it another shot at some point. just remember it having Kelly Rowland from destiny's child in it, lol

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2015, 06:32:12 AM »

For a couple of years me and a friend had a challange going where if you saw a Friday 13th movie for less than £5 you had to buy it. It ended one day when I saw a boxed set of the whole series for slightly less than £5 each (decide for yourself if I won or lost the challange lol).

Anyway, not long after we got married Kristi decided she was going to learn how to watch horror movies (she gets nightmares from them easily) and was going to start by watching all the (original) movies. She screamed a bit at the end of the first episode, but as we watched the rest over the next 2 or 3 nights there was no problem.

A couple of nights later we were both relaxing in my man cave and I decided to go to bed. As Kristi was going to sit up a bit later I asked if she'd lock up downstairs and off I trundled to bed.

When I woke up in the morning the other side of the bed was empty and obviously hadn't been slept in. I got up and found Kristi still sitting in the man cave. She had started to get afraid of going into the hallway when it was dark in case their was a mask wearing psycho lurking in the darkness and couldn't even leave the room to put the hall light on, or even to cross the hall to our bedrom. I am just glad the man cave has an on suite toilet.

Since then I have mostly let her watch cheesy shark movies.

Anyway, back to the original topic. I wasn't a huge fan of the remake. I felt the underground tunnels etc demistified Jason and made him a lot less scary (I thought that showing how someone does all the stuff that appears almost supernatural was also the biggest flaw in the remake of The Hitcher).

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
rebel_1812
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2015, 07:10:20 AM »

Considering the 12 scripts that got rejected for Freddy vs. Jason that were really terrible...Freddy vs. Jason turned out as fine as it could've given the circumstances. 

At one point a script had Corey Feldman returning as Tommy and Heather Lagenkamp as Nancy...which sounds okay, but I think it involved a cult called Fred-Heads or some such. Buggedout

Yeah I liked Freddy vs Jason.  Maybe it could have been better; but it sure has hell could have been far worse.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2015, 09:26:00 AM »

I was puzzled by all the hate that Freddy vs. Jason got when it was released. What exactly were viewers expecting?

It was everything I expected to see - Freddy and Jason beating the crap out of each other with a bunch of dumb cannon-fodder twenty somethings caught in in the middle. I had a big dumb fan-boy smile on my face for pretty much the whole movie.

It wasn't Shakespeare, but it was fun... and it did a pretty nice job of putting a cap on both the original "F13" and "Nightmare" franchises. 

I haven't seen the "Nightmare on Elm Street" re-do but have heard that it's pretty dire. The 2009 "F13" remake/reboot (whatever you want to call it) really wasn't any better or worse than some of the lesser entries in the original series.

If they want to keep F13 going... sure, what the hell, bring it on.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2015, 06:50:03 PM »

I will say this...I loved Freddy vs. Jason.  I saw it twice opening weekend.  And I NEVER do that.

I'm a huge fan of both characters and Robert Englund is fantastic as the character.  In general, but he makes that character.

Was it great? No.  But again, given it took like 15 years to make...it was the best we could've gotten.

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  another FRIDAY 13TH movie (?) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.