Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:51:07 AM
712928 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Crazies (1973) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Crazies (1973)  (Read 2747 times)
voltron
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: April 22, 2015, 03:44:35 PM »

Ok so this man made virus is unleashed upon a small town which causes it's victims to become deranged psychopaths. The army is brought it to fight the epidemic and things get quite messy to say the least. Nice Romero effort from the early 70s is quite interesting and ahead of its time. I'm reminded of Cronenberg's 70's "body horror" which deals with similar themes in a way. I mentioned in a previous thread about me being soured on b-flicks lately and I'm still having massive issues as far as enjoying the hell out of them like I used to.I hate to admit this but the miniscule budget felt like a bit of a hindrance. I haven't smoked dope in a looong time. Maybe that's part of my problem? Or maybe I should just shoot myself in the f**king face. TeddyR Don't know where that came from but whatever. This is supposed to be remade already right?.  Thumbdown Check it out if you're a Romero fan. Good stuff despite my personal issues.  Thumbup

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 02:43:19 AM »

Yeah, its had a remake which (I thought anyway), was ok but nothing spectacular.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 03:53:43 PM »

I really like the original.  I thought the remake was okay the first time I saw it, but a repeat viewing made me think it was somewhat less than okay.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
pennywise37

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 12:05:08 AM »

i saw this on TCM a few years back and i thought it was freaking terrible! but to each their own i guess
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 01:48:57 AM »

I think its an excellant movie-Romero replaced zombies with living breathing people-its easy to kill zombies-but your freinds? Family? Its f**ked-and ya got goverment cover up-its a great film-and the remake is just more big money eye candy.

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
pennywise37

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2015, 02:14:38 AM »

the idea behind it i like, but the result i didn't. it's not the worst film iv'e ever seen though but like i said to each their own. i'm glad you liked it though
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Crazies (1973) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.