Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:03:31 PM
714406 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Remake of Big Trouble In Little China. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Remake of Big Trouble In Little China.  (Read 8949 times)
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2015, 05:37:10 PM »

Man, a lot of Carpenter's films have been remade or slated for remakes.

My question is "Why do people think they need to be 'updated'?"  I mean, they have followings for a REASON.

I guess part of the blame lies on the misconception that a movie's visuals make the movie...that those 80's looks are passe and that's what needs to be updated.  But Carpenter in the 80's made films that transcend the visuals.

Carpenter was a tremendous film maker back in the day who was, as cliched as it sounds, ahead of his time.  I just view all these rehashings as perhaps an art lover would view a child's stick-figure drawing of The Mona Lisa.  They might be cute, but they will NEVER even approach the level of the base work.

What's interesting is in some ways, the visuals are actually more in than say 10 or 15 years ago.  The retro 80s visual thing is quite popular, see things like Kavinsky, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, Drive, or Kung Fury.  Ya know what I think actually has legit promise but will never happen?  A sequel to Big Trouble, with an old Jack Burton who thinks he still has it. 

Spoilers: he doesn't.
etmoviesb
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2015, 08:33:09 PM »

Well, it worked with Expendables. And I still dream a Army of Darkness II with grandpa Ash...
Jim H

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2015, 09:53:47 PM »

Well, it worked with Expendables. And I still dream a Army of Darkness II with grandpa Ash...

You do know they're filming a TV series for Starz, with Bruce Campbell starring and Sam Raimi directing/writing the first episode?
etmoviesb
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2015, 02:41:45 AM »

[...] with Bruce Campbell starring and Sam Raimi directing/writing the first episode?
Did not know, but sounds good!
Jim H

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2015, 06:45:40 PM »

[...] with Bruce Campbell starring and Sam Raimi directing/writing the first episode?

Did not know, but sounds good!

http://screencrush.com/ash-vs-evil-dead-photo-details-bruce-cambell-sam-raimi/

An article on it, Oldsmobile photo.
etmoviesb
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2015, 04:56:21 AM »

[Ash Vs. Evil Dead] doesn’t really exist in the exact same universe. It’s a slightly altered universe[...]

Sounds good, it is actually the same of the three original movies if you do not want to look for very abstruse backstories.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Remake of Big Trouble In Little China. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.