Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:10:20 AM
714395 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  BAD MOVIES . ORG « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Author Topic: BAD MOVIES . ORG  (Read 22746 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2015, 09:39:07 PM »

Is this place dying? Not sure.  Looks like I'm the only one on right now. 

I always stop here.  Might not post, but I log-in pretty much every day. 

I drop by pretty much daily.  There are days and times that are slower.  I find weekends and early mornings to be quieter around here.  Things tend to pick up much later in the evening.   Generally.
I noticed.  I try to be here later in the evening but things don't work out so well. 

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2015, 11:38:17 PM »

I have a cell phone that I got back in 09, it's a flip phone. the only things wrong with it is the volume to raise it is broken and the touch screen doesn't work. Believe it or not, my phone is the most reliable of the phones my family has, since it still is running without having replaced a part.

I got rid of Facebook and got Twitter instead, the main deal breaker with FB is that after three weeks of not using it, I felt like that just about everybody that uses it everyday to post stuff are jerks.

Is this place dying? If it was, we would have been notified.

yeah no.
claws
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2015, 11:39:03 PM »

I don't think this place is dying either, but it could use a little fresh blood.
Not sure if it is just a phase but at times there seems to be more music video posts than actual posts about (bad) movies.
Maybe Andrew should change the name to 'bad'music.org or something  Wink
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2015, 11:56:20 PM »

This forum has been my primary internet home since 1997.  I read it several times a day and post 2 - 3 times a day.
As for cell phones, love'em.  I talk to my friends constantly, I text pictures of stuff I have found, and I even use it to surf the
web sometimes, although I still prefer this desktop for that.  As long as I'm around this place will always have some traffic.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2015, 02:19:27 AM »

I don't think this place is dying either, but it could use a little fresh blood.
Not sure if it is just a phase but at times there seems to be more music video posts than actual posts about (bad) movies.
Maybe Andrew should change the name to 'bad'music.org or something  Wink

Where on earth or hell would you get that impression?
Music-god forfend! Music-why the hell would I listen to actual music when I could be spending my time doing something worthwhile like jabbering on about my worthless opinion on important things about...ya know-other s**t and stuff?

Small | Large
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 02:23:28 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2015, 02:36:23 AM »

Fresh blood-I would like some fresh blood.
BLOOD! OH GOD! MOTHER! MOTHER! BLOOD! BLOOD!

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2015, 02:44:19 AM »

No-this forum isnt dying-we are.
- --young kids dont give a f**k about old movies

Small | Large

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2015, 05:53:57 AM »

I have the cell in case the power or some such goes out and I need to call whomever. 

I had a great experience with that - power went out so I called the electric company on the cell.  They said "Push 1 for English, 2 for Spanish."  I pushed 1.  It took me to my voice mail.  Hatred

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2015, 07:15:28 AM »

It is not quite that bad yet, Ronny.  I showed my youngest the original "Night of the Living Dead" when he was 9 or 10.  He was sceptical about b&w, but he watched the whole thing and his verdict was "Not bad".  Which coming from him is high praise.   Lookingup  Then a week or two ago, I had him watch "Arsenic and Old Lace" with me and he was blown away by the humour: kept saying "I didn't know they would make jokes like that back then!"  (he thought black humour was a new invention?  Hmmm.  Another gap in his cultural education I must attend to!)  He loves Casablanca, too, among others.  He's 17 now and is telling me that he is finding more and more of his friends know about the obscure stuff I inflict upon him in terms of media.  And he does exceptionally well on the school quiz team.   Wink

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2015, 08:43:17 AM »

It is not quite that bad yet, Ronny.  I showed my youngest the original "Night of the Living Dead" when he was 9 or 10.  He was sceptical about b&w, but he watched the whole thing and his verdict was "Not bad".  Which coming from him is high praise.   Lookingup  Then a week or two ago, I had him watch "Arsenic and Old Lace" with me and he was blown away by the humour: kept saying "I didn't know they would make jokes like that back then!"  (he thought black humour was a new invention?  Hmmm.  Another gap in his cultural education I must attend to!)  He loves Casablanca, too, among others.  He's 17 now and is telling me that he is finding more and more of his friends know about the obscure stuff I inflict upon him in terms of media.  And he does exceptionally well on the school quiz team.   Wink

My kids grew up with me watching old films as well-they know Lugosi-(of course) Karloff-Lon Chaney. The original FRANKENSTEIN made Jed cry when he was 6-I asked him-why are you crying-he told me because it was so sad that they treated hin so badly.
That speaks to the power of these older films-you dont need stuff blowing up and expensive special effects-my stepson JIm said -when I played WHITE ZOMBIE for him when he was in a garage punk band when he was 16-"thats the best movie I've ever seen".
So-yeh-I dont think these films will ever die-and it will always have a fan base-but us "Monster Kids"-those who grew up with Shock Theater and Creature Feature,Famous Monsters of Filmland-Chiller Theater-are getting older-and its just not going to ever be the same.
Small | Large

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
major jay

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2015, 01:28:58 PM »

We have a landline - and still not touch-tone!
Holy crap! That's what I call old school.
As far as the site dying the numbers would say yes. But  I think the core community here is too strong for that to happen. New blood will show up eventually.

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2015, 04:50:04 PM »

To many, I'm a complete dinosaur. I have no cell phone and no interest in owning one.  I don't feel the need to be doing anything while waiting and sometimes actually enjoy just watching what other people are doing or looking outside. If I get really bored, I can always bring a book or grab a magazine. I feel little desire to be constantly connected in/with the world. I'm on Facebook and Twitter but only sporadically. Bad movie fans will exist I suspect for many generations to come though as the movies are still widely available, many of them are just plain fun to watch. Now there might be a newer breed of fans who like some more modern era bad movie stuff that doesn't appeal as much to us dinosaurs but eh, hopefully they'll discover on here and through Andrew's many entertaining reviews about all the great classic bad and B-movie films as well. Part of me suspects I'd be right at home in some dark, dreary castle/gothic house in the middle of nowhere...but that's just me...and I like weird stuff, I've always like weird stuff. Comics, old movies, old TV shows, cartoons.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 06:35:49 PM by JaseSF » Logged

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2015, 03:48:11 AM »

About six or seven weeks ago my wife discovered she was pregnant with our first child. Our first conversation about this was about names. The second one was about what horror films I'd be able to show the baby (we both agreed Hammer and the classic B/W universal ones). While I wouldn't try and force anyone to be a fan of old &/or bad movies I do plan at least making them aware they exist. I was a bit shocked a few years back when I discovered that one of the younger guys working under me had never heard of Errol Flynn. Mind you, I did (deliberately) get my younger brother to listen to the same music as me by expressly forbidding him to listen to any of my albums.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
etmoviesb
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2015, 04:37:55 AM »

I feel good here :D

I do own a phone, for years it was the Nokia 3310 and I still think it is one of the best technological gadget ever. Now I have a Nexus 5, I arrived at least 13 years late than the first "no keyboard phone" and only now I find it ok. Just ok. I admit however that having maps, and chats is nice. Still I don't really understand people who stare at their phone all the time...

I just have g+ and linkedin that I hardly ever use. I have an old style blog but I just have few technical posts on it, I tried to share one (I think interesting) on g+ but the group moderator deleted the message without any explanation.

On the other hand, I like friends, (B)movies, and beer... so I am happy.

Besides I really like this website, today lots of website are so overcomplex with menus, bars, thingies... This one does one thing and does it well. As it should be.
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2015, 08:11:25 AM »

I'm an old timer here, even though I don't post all that much. I visit the forum daily, mostly reading the Bad Movies section and the Off Topic section. I've never been a prolific poster (I could likely drop off the site and few if any would notice), but I do enjoy seeing what you guys have to say. I'd like the opportunity to meet a few of you in person, as unlikely as that is since I don't travel much and am too far away from other bad movie fans for any of that nonsense. At any rate, I've seen times when things got really slow around here and talk turned to the "is this site dying?!?" variety, but, in my limited experience, this site is unusually cohesive, with enough core members who don't do any other social media, and so stands a very good chance of continuing indefinitely, as long as Andrew wants to keep up the effort of maintaining the site.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  BAD MOVIES . ORG « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.