Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:50:59 PM
714453 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Obscure company, Amapro and its forgotten show « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obscure company, Amapro and its forgotten show  (Read 1394 times)
Gene Worm
A Guru of Rubber Monsters, and a
Bad Movie Lover

Rubber Monsters > CGI Monsters

« on: June 19, 2015, 11:29:36 PM »

Back in the late eighties, or early nineties, there was a quirky Kaiju toy company in Japan, named "Amapro". They were probably one of, if not the first to make vinyl dolls of original Kaiju that haven't appeared in any show. In 1996, Amapro became desperate and attempted to make their own Tokusatsu, featuring the hero named "Armor Jack" which basically had Godman's face. So what they tried to do was create a 2:40 long, low-budget, promotional film featuring Armor Jack killing the monsters.

Later, in 1997, Core Magazine began to sponsor short VCD episodes named "Assault! Armor Jack!". From 1997 to 2001, only three were created. Unfortunately, Armor Jack turned out to be heavily unsuccessful and quickly faded into the mists of extreme obscurity. However, either before or after Armor Jack became unsuccessful, Amapro released a bag of three vinyl dolls of the characters that has become super rare, and is nearly impossible to find. The characters were Armor Jack, Rarigonika (Sort of a fuzzy gorilla monster with a skull for a face and crab claws for hands), and Naruton (a black and bumpy dinosaur-like creature with fish-paste for a face). All were designed and painted quite accurately to the show, besides Naruton who usually comes in greens and yellows, sometimes even blue. Afterwards, Amapro itself seemed to have fallen into the abyss of obscurity, and has been forgotten by many.

Way later, Armor Jack returned in a disgusting fashion. I have no idea if Amapro made as a joke, or (most likely) some sick human being made a series of a version of Armor Jack, using vinyl figures instead of actual costumes. Two episodes of this can be seen (if you dare), on YouTube by its Japanese name. Its name translates to, "Agony!! Armor Jack!". It contains gruesome vulgarity, and I closed it in disgust, at the very beginning.

However, one more reference to Armor Jack has returned only very recently. I don't know if it was made by the same developers of "Assault! Armor Jack!", but a couple of episodes of a very obscure Japanese, free-to-watch tokusatsu, called "Sailor Fight!". The show featured a badly modified version of the Naruton suit, and another monster that was in "Assault! Armor Jack!", called "Tsutabara". In "Assault! Armor Jack!", he looked like a scaly, green plant man with a white boa around his neck, and what looks like a radish for a head and a jack-o-lantern-esque mouth and two, small eyes. In this, however it looks vaguely like Armor Jack's Tsutabara's head, but the body is just a clump of vines. And even this free "Sailor Fight!" show is in the sad mists of obscurity.

Even though Amapro's sad downfall has lead to many people forgetting what it even was, or its great and bizarre, and mysterious story, not everyone has forgotten. I for one, have put so many years of my life into bad movie research. And hopefully, I have answered many questions about the mystery of Amapro. Thank you for reading this. And you have the opportunity to share this information with curious bad movie lovers, like me who dedicate hours a day to piece together the great puzzle of the bad movie world. It may be a cheesy place. But don't get me wrong, it's a great one too.

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Obscure company, Amapro and its forgotten show « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.