Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:06:18 PM
714452 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who should be the next president? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 118
Author Topic: Who should be the next president?  (Read 409684 times)
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #1095 on: July 31, 2016, 08:19:52 PM »

Topic: Media Bias in election coverage.

Interesting side by side comparison of two stories on MSNBC:

Moral of the story so far: Take everything you read/hear from a MSM source on EITHER candidate with a whopping grain of salt...then forget what you read/heard as the lie or manipulation that it was.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
ulthar

« Reply #1096 on: July 31, 2016, 09:19:11 PM »

A truly fascinating read:  "The Case Against the Media, by the Media"

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/07/case-against-media.html

Lots of insightful introspection there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Real Genius
ulthar

« Reply #1097 on: August 01, 2016, 08:38:49 PM »

And, the Main Stream Media crash-n-burn continues:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/08/01/just-joking-media-apoplectic-khizr-khan-attack-donald-trump-goes-flames/

Thank-you, Donald Trump.  You have broken the ability of the corrupt media in the United States' ability to manipulate the election for President.  No one trusts them, and they keep stepping on their own d1ck anyway.  It is just glorious to watch this particular bit of history in the making.

Well done, sir.  Keep up the good work.

--Real Genius
Skull
« Reply #1098 on: August 01, 2016, 09:07:20 PM »

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/08/01/just-joking-media-apoplectic-khizr-khan-attack-donald-trump-goes-flames/

Thank-you, Donald Trump.  You have broken the ability of the corrupt media in the United States' ability to manipulate the election for President.  No one trusts them, and they keep stepping on their own d1ck anyway.  It is just glorious to watch this particular bit of history in the making.

That's not surprising...

I heard that Hillary is looking so bad on the polls that they are fixing the numbers (thought that's not surprising either) And Hillary had to cancel her bus tour (Oh you didn't know she had a bus tour - well don't feel bad - nobody else knew).

I think Trump is doing a good job and everybody else (that supposed to be republican/Conservative - stop it with the panic button! It's f'n annoying! It's so annoying that I don't want to listen to you - I'm speaking to you Mark Levin! I've already have personal Glenn Beck Boycott and I really don't want to add Mark Levin to my list - but I will if he's keeps talking down.)
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1099 on: August 01, 2016, 09:57:02 PM »

I live in Virginia, And I'm already sick of the drooling Tim Kaine Worship by the local press! Hatred
The guy's first act as Governor was to break his Campaign promise not to raise taxes! The very first thing!
In a one term state, they make it easy to forget.
As a senator, I know nothing about him because he wasn't from my district. I think most Virginians don't.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Jim H

« Reply #1100 on: August 02, 2016, 11:02:23 AM »

Do you think Breitbart is different from other media for some reason?  You've linked them a few times now.  They're blatantly biased in favor of Trump and alt right stuff.  I guess they don't even attempt to be impartial, so that's different?  I wouldn't normally say anything, but you're repeatedly denouncing media coverage, so it's hard not to comment on it.

As an aside, it'll be a while a while before the convention bumps wear off and we have a really clear picture, but looks like Hillary is essentially close to to tied or a bit above Trump in polls overall now.  Unsurprising. I also notice people who were crowing over polls showing Trump in the lead post RNC now imply the new ones are rigged or selective in some way.  Reminds me of Trump talking about a rigged presidential election. Or going back, Gore/Bush and that fallout. Either you're winning or the other side is cheating.   Lookingup
Skull
« Reply #1101 on: August 02, 2016, 12:11:35 PM »

Do you think Breitbart is different from other media for some reason?  

I don't see Breitbart emails conspiring with the Democrats to take out Sanders on Wikileaks...   Smile
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 01:51:00 PM by Skull » Logged
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1102 on: August 02, 2016, 02:17:55 PM »

Trump/Hillary = Cyanide/Arsenic

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Skull
« Reply #1103 on: August 02, 2016, 03:20:21 PM »

Trump/Hillary = Cyanide/Arsenic

Hillary is Obama 2 (so what is Obama?)
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1104 on: August 02, 2016, 04:53:23 PM »

Perhaps the worst foreign policy president of the last 100 years?
But Trump's overweening ignorance of the world promises to make Obama look as skilled in foreign policy as Nixon!

You have to understand, in this election, I hate them both with equal fervor.  I foresee no good outcome for my country in this.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jim H

« Reply #1105 on: August 02, 2016, 05:34:47 PM »

But Trump's overweening ignorance of the world promises to make Obama look as skilled in foreign policy as Nixon!

You have to understand, in this election, I hate them both with equal fervor.  I foresee no good outcome for my country in this.

Out of curiosity, what would you have thought of Sanders as president?
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1106 on: August 02, 2016, 07:33:55 PM »

Hillary is hardly Obama 2. She's much more hawkish.

" The Libya intervention was later described by Obama as the worst mistake of his Administration. Obama asserted that he had been reluctant to intervene but that intervention had been championed by Clinton and Susan Rice.[309] "

an absolute disaster for the people of Libya and for the world as it's become a base for ISIS.

right behind Wilson, FDR, LBJ, W, ....
Skull
« Reply #1107 on: August 02, 2016, 08:47:48 PM »

Hillary is hardly Obama 2. She's much more hawkish.

" The Libya intervention was later described by Obama as the worst mistake of his Administration. Obama asserted that he had been reluctant to intervene but that intervention had been championed by Clinton and Susan Rice.[309] "

an absolute disaster for the people of Libya and for the world as it's become a base for ISIS.

right behind Wilson, FDR, LBJ, W, ....

I've been hearing that wikileaks has a stack of emails on Hillary/Obama trafficking arms in Libya, and the Benghazi Ambassador was behind the deal.

I really, really thought that Michael Savage was smoking too many banana peels because he believed that ISIS was created by Obama. And if the wikileaks rumor was true - Oh My God! Savage was F'n right!

But I know the FBI will look into this and come out with the same verdict that nothing can be proven because they cannot figure out the intent (or some other bs spin)

As for hawkish... I'm not sure, it seemed that Obama used Hillary to be the fall-guy (or -gal) and she's not living in the real world or she really, really think her s**t don't stink.

The only thing that Obama makes Nixon look is -  honest.

Sorry but you fail to tell me how Hillary can be that bad without connecting the dots to Obama.

Lets face the fact... if you actually connected any dots that shows how bad Obama is then you'll be forced to admit that Hillary is the worst of the 2 options.

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1108 on: August 02, 2016, 10:08:11 PM »

Skull, I get the fact that you like Trump.  I DON'T.

HE IS A BAD MAN in my opinion, and you can sing his praises all day long and my opinion won't change.
Hillary stinks too.  I will vote for neither of them.

Lester - I get that you think America should practice total isolationism and never intervene anywhere for any reason.
I respectfully disagree.  But if we do step in, we should step in to win.  Period.  Obama hates the idea of America winning.
One more reason I detest him too.

Now, you guys may continue.  I just wanted to register my opinion that all the major candidates in this race SUCK.

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #1109 on: August 02, 2016, 11:59:50 PM »

I'm strongly leaning towards writing in Bernie Sanders for President. I hate Trump's politics and as a person he disgusts me. I'm having issues with Clinton too, albeit not as many as with Trump.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 118
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who should be the next president? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.