Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:48:28 PM
714462 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who should be the next president? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 118
Author Topic: Who should be the next president?  (Read 409737 times)
Skull
« Reply #120 on: August 20, 2015, 09:57:50 PM »

Deez Nuts is a stupid joke and an insult to the American Election. Really, if the person don't fit the criteria to be president then they shouldn't run for president.

PS... I'm still trying to find out where in the construction does it say that anchor babies are legal. The 14th amendment was created because several states (after the civil war) didn't want the slaves to be citizens.

The 14th Amendment says:

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

***Please note it says: and subject to the jurisdiction thereof that doesn't mean anybody can sneak into the border and drop a baby and it becomes a citizen of the USA.***

What does this have to do with Deez Nuts... simple, where does it say that a 15 year old can run for president?

I swear the BIG PROBLEM with our constitution is that too many people are making s**t up and not too many people know the whole story. WE ARE SO SCREWED BECAUSE 9% OF THE PEOPLE ARE GOING TO VOTE FOR JOKE!

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #121 on: August 20, 2015, 11:07:20 PM »

I think it was an 1898 Supreme Court case that provided the official interpretation of the 14th Amendment which created "birthright citizenship" for all children born in the USA.

As for Deez Nuts, that IS a joke.  He would not be permitted to serve if somehow elected because the Constitution does have rather specific rules about certain qualifications for office, and one of those is a minimum age of 35 years.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #122 on: August 20, 2015, 11:35:23 PM »

Deez Nuts is the only candidate that speaks for me  Cheers
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #123 on: August 21, 2015, 05:25:54 AM »

In a seperate discussion the wife mentioned to me that North Korea has semi declared was on South Korea today. I told her that as the last really colourful dictator left on now the other ones like Sadam, the Marcos's, Ghadaffi and so on were gone from the world stage he had to stay in the headlines somehow to make up for them. Her reply mentioned that if Trump wins he'll have to share the headlines and it'd be hard to tell which one was the crazier.

From my own more outsider point of view, he is looking like one of the politicians in the UK, Nigel Farrage who is mostly there for comedic relief.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 07:02:41 AM by Dark Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Skull
« Reply #124 on: August 21, 2015, 06:17:33 AM »

I think it was an 1898 Supreme Court case that provided the official interpretation of the 14th Amendment which created "birthright citizenship" for all children born in the USA.

As for Deez Nuts, that IS a joke.  He would not be permitted to serve if somehow elected because the Constitution does have rather specific rules about certain qualifications for office, and one of those is a minimum age of 35 years.

Please note that the 1898 Supreme Court ruling was based on Legal Aliens... So far we DONT have a Supreme Court ruling based on ILLEGAL aliens. (There is a BIG difference between Legal and Illegal - I'm so sick how people keep lumping the Illegal aliens with the Legal aliens.)

The person needs to be "subject to the jurisdiction thereof" for it to work.

I do think its sad and scary that people are going to vote for Deez Nuts.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 06:25:51 AM by Skull » Logged
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #125 on: August 21, 2015, 11:57:05 AM »

I think it's healthy. this election is total bs and people see it. it's all spectacle no substance. It's like American Idol while out country is 18T in debt
Skull
« Reply #126 on: August 21, 2015, 12:33:22 PM »

I think it's healthy. this election is total bs and people see it. it's all spectacle no substance. It's like American Idol while out country is 18T in debt
I'm not sure about the American Idol argument.

I wasn't planning on voting for Trump (Trump was nowhere in my mind) but the guy took a stand (he said Illegal Aliens need to go) and 90% of the American people seemed to call him racist. Trump kept his stand for weeks and then numbers of people calling him racist seemed to drop. Then one day -  Kathryn Steinle was murdered by an Illegal Alien. The worst part of Kathryn's story is - if the government did their job she would still be alive.

It's sad that somebody was murdered to prove how dangerous this Illegal Alien problem is... but nobody is calling Trump a racist.

My vote is leaning towards Trump right now. I might go back to Scott Walker (but he needs to start calling out Obama).

I guess I don't see this all spectacle no substance part and I think this election is too important for wasted votes like Deez Nuts.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #127 on: August 21, 2015, 05:55:47 PM »

So Deez Nuts is a 15 year old kid.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #128 on: August 21, 2015, 05:56:41 PM »

I will not be voting this time around. that's my vote: I hate the whole tone and focus of the election
Skull
« Reply #129 on: August 22, 2015, 12:23:59 AM »

I will not be voting this time around. that's my vote: I hate the whole tone and focus of the election

Sorry to hear that... The election is still months away...

So Deez Nuts is a 15 year old kid.

Yes he is... If we didn't have the age requirement... I might vote for him. :)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #130 on: August 22, 2015, 07:46:49 AM »

Linderbutt McCubbins is my nephew's friend's cat: http://www.limberbutt2016.com/

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #131 on: August 22, 2015, 11:43:47 AM »

Skull- well, I also live in Massachusetts which will not under any circumstances ever go red so it doesn't matter if I vote. We haven't had a candidate campaign here in about a thousand years due to electoral college system.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #132 on: August 22, 2015, 02:45:00 PM »

If I could ask the candidates one question, my question would be, "If you are elected, may I please have a million dollars?"

But my second question would be, "What will you do to stop voter fraud?"

That's an under-reported issue that's more widespread and damaging than is realized. At least it is where I live in the state that supposedly swings all national elections.

I have yet to hear an argument against everyone voting the same day, and after you vote your finger would be marked with ink. (Except perhaps in extreme circumstances that would apply to much than 1% of the people, military on special missions, whatever.)

It's harder to get a library card in Ohio than it is to vote. In 2008, as I said in here at the time, a Cincinnati Enquirer investigation made front page news when it showed there were more registered voters in Hamilton County, Ohio than there were people living there under the census data. (And remember, most people don't even bother to vote to begin with to give you an idea of how much fraud that represented.)

A random sampling of registration info was finding addresses given that if real would have been in the middle of the Ohio River.

One inner city church was found to have baskets of pre-marked ballots stacked in its sanctuary, ready to deliver on election day.

A Cincinnati-area poll worker admitted right to news reporters (and thankfully was later convicted and jailed) that she cast votes all day she sat there, and stubbornly said she'd done it for years, so what?

And on top of all that, now we have at least 41,000,000 foreign citizens trespassing in this country, many of whom are participating in the democratic process right now, and could easily swing the next election.

So my point is, what Americans want may not be reflected in the results of the next election, and that to me one of the most important and yet least often addressed issues we face. In other words, rarely has the electoral process in modern America been less fair, more threatened, or really had less meaning.

So who should be the next President? Is it actually entirely up to us?

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #133 on: August 22, 2015, 05:56:47 PM »

Bad Lip Reading, Republican Debate Edition:
Small | Large

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #134 on: August 22, 2015, 08:33:11 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 118
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who should be the next president? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.