Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:57:47 PM
714454 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who should be the next president? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 118
Author Topic: Who should be the next president?  (Read 409707 times)
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1650 on: October 28, 2016, 07:05:15 PM »

Perhaps the irony about gun control, is how it was started by Gov Ronald Reagan when Black Panthers started strolling around the California State Capital Building with assault weapons, and was later expanded by President Nixon to, in essence, keep guns out of the hands of black people...

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #1651 on: October 28, 2016, 08:25:12 PM »

Being as white as any of those people, I'd fit right in with that crowd, who'd kill me if I wore a dump trump t-shirt. 

Black Guns Matter...  Bluesad

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
AoTFan

« Reply #1652 on: October 29, 2016, 12:02:32 AM »

What you consider Reagan's mistakes I consider two of his wisest decisions.  GHW Bush was a good and decent man and a great President; he deserved a second term IMO. 
And frankly, the GOP didn't start losing Presidential elections until the far right started demagoguing on illegal immigration!

That might be part of it, but I REALLY don't think that's the main reason the GOP has been losing elections.  I say it's mainly due to the fact they keep NOT doing what they PROMISED they would do.  Remember in 2014 they were all, "Hey, elect us to Congress!  We'll appeal Obamacare!  We'll halt all these amnesty actions!  We'll get spending under control!"  So, people voted them in, and what did they do?

Pretty much just want, "Ah, ah,... well, uh.. we don't wanna shut down the Government, and also we really need the Presidency as well as Congress to able to REALLY do anything." 

So, naturally, people felt betrayed and lied to, so, for better or worse, they've turned to a man who's not "politics as usual".  The Republican party has only itself to blame if they don't like the results.
Skull
« Reply #1653 on: October 29, 2016, 05:55:01 AM »

Skull -

Why do Iran need a nuke? What are they afraid of?

Israel's 200 nukes, all of which are pointed at them.

Israel is as much as threat to Iran as America is a threat to Mexico. I do consider the Illegal Immigration from Mexico to America an invasion.

As for Israel's nukes, if they don't have it... it's doubtful the country would exist.

Khamenei is the Supreme Leader of Iran... he's been talking about destroying Israel for years. Iran's threat with Israel is fake.

"There's something going on in this country and the pollsters aren't getting it.  Nobody who’s been with me for the last few days and has seen these crowds, seen their response, seen their enthusiasm, seen the intensity of their response and how they respond to these issues, no one who’s been where I’ve been, can help but believe that there’s something happening in this country.”

This is from Walter Mondale, who had a rally of 100,000 a week before the election.  He lost the electoral college 525 to 13.

Walter Mondale had no chance in hell to take out Reagan...

on the other hand Romney also had a good rally.

But the difference between Mondale, Romney to Trump... is that Trump been holding these rallies since the start of his race, and the visitors had not dropped.

can someone explain the email thing to me in a succinct way?

I've been hearing about it for months but I don't see the "hook" if you will. like who cares that she used a different email or something. why is that bad beyond that it's some rule they have?

I'll make it simple. Hillary was given a subpoena and the next day she destroy 30,000 emails, smashed 14 cell phones and lost 3 laptops in the mail.

You try that and I bet your ass will be in JAIL.

Small | Large

« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 08:22:45 AM by Skull » Logged
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1654 on: October 29, 2016, 10:17:57 AM »

Israel is as much as threat to Iran as America is a threat to Mexico

Israel has been very public about their hostility to Iran and in fact have already attacked Iran's nuclear program via computer virus. and assasinated an number of their nuclear scientists.

The two countries hate each other they are both threats to each other. Israel itself has many many times threatened Iran and not so privately urged the US to attack.

that's not to say they're wrong to do so or to equate the countries in any way other than Iran has defense concerns like any country and this is one.

Skull
« Reply #1655 on: October 29, 2016, 10:41:07 AM »

Israel is as much as threat to Iran as America is a threat to Mexico

Israel has been very public about their hostility to Iran and in fact have already attacked Iran's nuclear program via computer virus. and assasinated an number of their nuclear scientists.

The two countries hate each other they are both threats to each other. Israel itself has many many times threatened Iran and not so privately urged the US to attack.

that's not to say they're wrong to do so or to equate the countries in any way other than Iran has defense concerns like any country and this is one.

I'll say it in simple terms...

Israel is the good guys!

Iran needs to prove themselves to be good guys and they cannot because the Supreme Leader of Iran is a whack job.

There still no justification for Iran to have NUKES.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1656 on: October 29, 2016, 10:58:47 AM »

you should like the Iran Deal then, as it allows oversight of their nuclear power program including allowing for inspections and agreeing to keep the percentage of enrichment down to levels to create energy but not nukes.

If Saddam had agreed to a deal like that we could have avoided that whole disaster and gotten on with our lives.  wouldn't that have been preferable?

Israel is the good guys!

that's how it works in american politics, less so in the world outside of our borders. If you were from Jordan or Lebanon you might see them as just a big headache and long for the days before 1948 when western powers left your country alone.

or if you were a person who served on this particular vessal

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Liberty_incident

Skull
« Reply #1657 on: October 29, 2016, 09:35:14 PM »

you should like the Iran Deal then, as it allows oversight of their nuclear power program including allowing for inspections and agreeing to keep the percentage of enrichment down to levels to create energy but not nukes.

If Saddam had agreed to a deal like that we could have avoided that whole disaster and gotten on with our lives.  wouldn't that have been preferable?

I don't know if you really understand the Iran Deal because you don't even know why Hillary's Emails a BIG F'N ISSUE.

Israel is the good guys!

that's how it works in american politics, less so in the world outside of our borders. If you were from Jordan or Lebanon you might see them as just a big headache and long for the days before 1948 when western powers left your country alone.

or if you were a person who served on this particular vessal

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Liberty_incident

If your going to talk about 1948 than you NEED to talk about 1939.

First,  Britain governed Palestine under a League of Nations mandate from 1920 to 1948.

Second, after world war 2 most of the 'civilized countries' were outraged to find out Hitler was exterminating the Jews. To patch things up England with the support of the League of Nations gave Palestine to the Jews.

True it sort of sucked for those that used to live in Palestine... but the country was under British control and at they time they did what they thought was correct.

Anyway I still believe the world had not become modernize until the 1960's.  Maybe in 1960 Israel would be created much differently.  So what happen in 1948 was old way of thinking and it's done and over.

And... Iran still has no need for a NUKE.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 09:46:12 PM by Skull » Logged
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1658 on: October 29, 2016, 10:21:09 PM »

First,  Britain governed Palestine under a League of Nations mandate from 1920 to 1948.

Do you care what the UN or similar entity "decides" about this or that? I certainly don't. Why would people who lived in Jerusalem in 1916 care what somebody says they should do or where they should go?

I see the Israeli side too. The religion of Judaism is to Israel What Christianity is to Christ I understand their connection to the land*. and I also understand the holocaust and the effect it had on Israel as a place for Jewish refugees BUT I also understand that while not very impressive there was a country there and the people were driven out.

that's why it's called a CONFLICT.

They both have different rights to it the Jews via their religion and genes and the Arabs via the fact that it's the middle east which we all commonly think of as arab and who existed there for most of recorded history up until like not very long ago. It was mostly arab for the 18 centuries preceding the Balfour declaration.

*besides of the Russian Jews who converted around the time of Charlamagne and aren't semites

anyway we've drifted from the topic. Huma is in deep trouble and speculation is that Anthony weiner isn't going to take one for the team so they are going to have a rough couple days at least.

Skull
« Reply #1659 on: October 30, 2016, 09:06:00 AM »

First,  Britain governed Palestine under a League of Nations mandate from 1920 to 1948.

Do you care what the UN or similar entity "decides" about this or that? I certainly don't. Why would people who lived in Jerusalem in 1916 care what somebody says they should do or where they should go?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please read this:

The relationship between Nazi Germany (1933–1945) and the leadership of the Arab world encompassed contempt, propaganda, collaboration and in some instances emulation. Cooperative political and military relationships were founded on shared hostilities toward common enemies, such as British and French imperialism, colonialism, communism, and Zionism. Hitler made warm statements about Islam as a religion and political ideology.

This "exchange" occurred when Hitler received Saudi Arabian ruler Ibn Saud’s special envoy, Khalid al-Hud al-Gargani. Earlier in this meeting Hitler noted that one of the three reasons why Germany had warm sympathies for the Arabs was:

… because we were jointly fighting the Jews!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the end of world war 2 the axis countries were hit. Such as German was divided into two parts and Japan was forced to have no military. Anyway, the English viewed the middle east as a Arab world that took sides with Germany! So it makes freak'n sense to me that they took a land that they owned and gave it to the JEWS.

On the other hand, if the Muslims did not take sides with Germany it's quite possible that Israel would be made in Germany.

I've said this a million times on this tread. This modern world that we see today is very new. I'm assuming we became the modern world during the Cuban Missile Crisis, or when American won the Moon landing. Whatever happen in the past was based on old world thinking that was around for thousands upon thousands of years.

Jerusalem has a long history. Spanning from 2000 BS. It was controlled by Egypt, Israelites, Babylonian, Romans... way-way before Ottoman Empire... England controlled Jerusalem after the Ottoman Empire and that was it!

I see the Israeli side too. The religion of Judaism is to Israel What Christianity is to Christ I understand their connection to the land*. and I also understand the holocaust and the effect it had on Israel as a place for Jewish refugees BUT I also understand that while not very impressive there was a country there and the people were driven out.

that's why it's called a CONFLICT.

The conflict existed way-way before the creation of Israel.

And please note the Supreme Leader of Iran thinks the Holocaust never happen.

They both have different rights to it the Jews via their religion and genes and the Arabs via the fact that it's the middle east which we all commonly think of as arab and who existed there for most of recorded history up until like not very long ago. It was mostly arab for the 18 centuries preceding the Balfour declaration.

Therefore are you suggesting that Hitler was correct? He wanted to reclaim lost German territories, it was the reason he used for his invasion of Poland.

The fact is the Earth has an aggressive history of taking lands form people that spanned way-way back the caveman days. So far the only time I saw a nation that was stop from taking over another country (by use of military) was Iraq in Desert Storm.

Anyway... Iran still has no reason for a NUKE.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 09:12:00 AM by Skull » Logged
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1660 on: October 30, 2016, 09:17:47 AM »

The Jewish presence in Israel, even if you disregard the entire Biblical account of Abraham, has been documented by archeology as far back as 1300 BC.  Israel/Judea/Palestine was THE "land of the Jews" exclusively from then until Rome drove them all out following the Bar Hokhba (sp?) revolt in 136 AD.  But even then, Jews began returning to the area around Jerusalem only a century later, and even after the Muslims conquered the entire region circa 700 AD, there was still a continuous Jewish presence in Jerusalem from then till now - Muslims tended to tolerate Jewish subjects more so than Christian ones because Jews didn't try to convert others to their faith, and paid the jizyah tax the sultans demanded without complaint - honestly, they were less oppressed in the Muslim world than they were in Christian Europe.
   The expulsion of the Palestinian Arabs in 1946-48 was a sharp turning point in Arab-Jewish relations, turning the Arab world sharply against Israel.  Two things worth noting: the Palestinians were offered a chance to split the territory with the Jewish refugees and refused it, and the Arab nations around Israel could have easily settled and assimilated the Palestinians many times over with no significant economic or cultural impact in the last 72 years.  There never was an Arabic "nation" of Palestine.  In religion, language, and culture, Palestinians are indistinguishable from all other Arab Muslims.  The fact is the nations around Israel have chosen to let their fellow Arabs live in miserable refugee camps for so long so they can keep their people whipped up about the "Palestinian crisis" all the time.  That keeps them from noticing how corrupt their governments actually are and demanding things like democracy, educational reform, and more accountable governments!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Skull
« Reply #1661 on: October 30, 2016, 09:43:22 AM »

The Jewish presence in Israel, even if you disregard the entire Biblical account of Abraham, has been documented by archeology as far back as 1300 BC.  Israel/Judea/Palestine was THE "land of the Jews" exclusively from then until Rome drove them all out following the Bar Hokhba (sp?) revolt in 136 AD.  But even then, Jews began returning to the area around Jerusalem only a century later, and even after the Muslims conquered the entire region circa 700 AD, there was still a continuous Jewish presence in Jerusalem from then till now - Muslims tended to tolerate Jewish subjects more so than Christian ones because Jews didn't try to convert others to their faith, and paid the jizyah tax the sultans demanded without complaint - honestly, they were less oppressed in the Muslim world than they were in Christian Europe.
   The expulsion of the Palestinian Arabs in 1946-48 was a sharp turning point in Arab-Jewish relations, turning the Arab world sharply against Israel.  Two things worth noting: the Palestinians were offered a chance to split the territory with the Jewish refugees and refused it, and the Arab nations around Israel could have easily settled and assimilated the Palestinians many times over with no significant economic or cultural impact in the last 72 years.  There never was an Arabic "nation" of Palestine.  In religion, language, and culture, Palestinians are indistinguishable from all other Arab Muslims.  The fact is the nations around Israel have chosen to let their fellow Arabs live in miserable refugee camps for so long so they can keep their people whipped up about the "Palestinian crisis" all the time.  That keeps them from noticing how corrupt their governments actually are and demanding things like democracy, educational reform, and more accountable governments!

Yes yes totally agree...

And Iran is still not justified in getting a NUKE.

Thanks INDY for the history lesson.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 09:50:20 AM by Skull » Logged
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1662 on: October 30, 2016, 10:50:58 AM »

Anyway, the English viewed the middle east as a Arab world that took sides with Germany! So it makes freak'n sense to me that they took a land that they owned and gave it to the JEWS.

Zionism started in the late 19th century. the Balfour declaration was in 1917. tensions between Arabs and the western immigrants had been brewing for quite some time before ww2.

re the holocaust Many Iranian Jews in Europe returned to Iran where, again, there are still thousands of Jews http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-16190541

There is a jewish MP in Irans parliament who represents that community. This is not to say there weren't arabs who liked hitler. The mayor of Jerusalem no doubt liked anyone who was goign to stop what he correctly viewed as an invasion.

also look at how you phrased it

that they took a land that they owned

was Jerusalem part of England? how did they come to own it? colonialism and what native born person is going to respect that we certainly wouldn't have gone along with King George giving Delaware to the French in apology for something.

And please note the Supreme Leader of Iran thinks the Holocaust never happen.

theres no international law against thinking the holocaust never happened and it has nothing to do with property rights. If i think the holocaust didn't happen ( i think it did) that wouldn't give my Jewish neihgbor the right to my house.

Israel/Judea/Palestine was THE "land of the Jews" exclusively from then until Rome drove them all out following the Bar Hokhba (sp?) revolt in 136 AD.

well okay that's nearly 2000 years ago. and it wasn't exclusively Jewish ever. The Canaanites were never driven out. Mechizedek was there when they arrived and the jubusites and benjamenites had been there centuries prior to Israel. ok  we are getting into the weeds here

there was still a continuous Jewish presence in Jerusalem from then till now

but it was majority Arab and this persisted till early 20th century here it is in 1896

Small | Large

There never was an Arabic "nation" of Palestine.  In religion, language, and culture, Palestinians are indistinguishable from all other Arab Muslims.

There were people there what they were called is besides the point.

Two things worth noting

those are worth noting as aspects to the CONFLICT. It's a conflict! I'm not saying who's right or wrong. There's a reason it has gone on as long as it has. in no small part because there is no military solution for either side. If Israel were to attempt to extend their borders to where they'd like to there would be pushback from all sorts of entities. If Palestinians or Iran tried to launch an attack on Israel there would be a western response.

like I said before: Israel are pilgrims surrounded by a billion Indians. There is no foreeable resolution to whats going on there.

Ill leave you with this from founding father of Zionism theodore Herzl from a letter to the mayor of Jerusalem in 1899

You see another difficulty, Excellency, in the existence of the non-Jewish population in Palestine. But who would think of sending them away? It is their well-being, their individual wealth which we will increase by bringing in our own. Do you think that an Arab who owns land or a house in Palestine worth three or four thousand francs will be very angry to see the price of his land rise in a short time, to see it rise five and ten times in value perhaps in a few months? Moreover, that will necessarily happen with the arrival of the Jews. That is what the indigenous population must realize, that they will gain excellent brothers as the Sultan will gain faithful and good subjects who will make this province flourish-this province which is their historic homeland.

http://aldeilis.net/english/letter-from-herzl-to-mayor-of-jerusalem-1899/

guess it didn't quite work out that way!
Skull
« Reply #1663 on: October 30, 2016, 12:33:22 PM »

that they took a land that they owned

was Jerusalem part of England? how did they come to own it? colonialism and what native born person is going to respect that we certainly wouldn't have gone along with King George giving Delaware to the French in apology for something.

Maybe I'm speaking to the wind.... What happen 60 years ago is the Old world thinking. It was done and it's over. How England gain controlled of Jerusalem is the same freaking argument as how Egypt became Egypt. Old world thinking.

The reason why the Supreme Leader of Iran thinks the Holocaust never happen because he wants his people to believe there was no justification for the creation of Israel.

Do you know anything about Islam? Do you know they believe that the world NEEDS to be destroyed so GOD could bring the true messiah. The problem is that we have too many Islamic Nut Bags wanting the end of the world ASAP... You don't give Iran a NUKE!

Jim H

« Reply #1664 on: October 30, 2016, 01:21:05 PM »

Do you know anything about Islam? Do you know they believe that the world NEEDS to be destroyed so GOD could bring the true messiah. The problem is that we have too many Islamic Nut Bags wanting the end of the world ASAP... You don't give Iran a NUKE!

There's a significant sect of Christianity that thinks something fairly similar, and that's part of the reason they support Israel.  Trying to help fulfill prophecy to end the world.  I've never understood why any followers of an Abrahamic faith (with a God who can will the universe into creation) think God needs help to fulfill a prophecy though, seems both ludicrous and arrogant to me. 
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 118
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who should be the next president? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.