Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:43:39 AM
714463 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who should be the next president? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 118
Author Topic: Who should be the next president?  (Read 409765 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #90 on: August 12, 2015, 10:07:36 PM »

Some would say the 2 party system put us in debt. 

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #91 on: August 12, 2015, 10:18:45 PM »

Small | Large

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2015, 10:51:02 PM »

He's kind of in the same position Obama was in in 08: running against Hillary and letting her scary beltway/ wall st ness bring out his left wing populism.
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2015, 07:12:25 AM »

Actually, people had been talking about 3rd party the very day after the 2012 election when the Republican party decided to allow Obama's Amnesty (by allowing federal funding)... The dirty truth is, if it wasn't for Trump, the American people (those that voted in 2010/12) would be looking for somebody that's not Republican or Democrat.

I would like to see Scott Walker call out Obama... but I'm having doubts that anybody but Trump is going to call out Obama.  But we'll see what happens when Obama veto's a treaty (Really a president has this much freaking power!!!!) [I think it's stupid that there is a debate on this Iran BS - the paper says it gives Iran total freedom to make a bomb while we cannot stop them! and the beauty is that we are giving Iran billions of dollars so they can ATTACK US! Holy s**t talk about being angry!]

I honestly feel the Libertarian Party is growing by the day.  I may be biased though.  That's where my allegiance lies.  But people call me crazy.  Last debates I was all over Ron Paul and Gary Johnson. 

I consider myself a Libertarian also. I am against a one-size-fits-all central government that homogenizes our country into one big pile of lowest-common-denominator blandness. The states should have more control over there direction than the federal government. But I suppose that is a discussion for another thread. I will likely vote Libertarian again this election, even though I know my state will go with the Republican candidate, whoever that turns out to be.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #94 on: August 13, 2015, 09:23:15 AM »

And so we're told this is the golden age
And gold is the reason for the wars we wage
Though I want to be with you
Be with you night and day
Nothing changes
On New Year's Day

Hint....

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2015, 05:15:59 PM »

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2015, 07:04:12 PM »

Twixt ServerGate & "How has Trump torpedoed his chances this week", and all the other stuff I'm not hearing about everyone else, the summer of 2015 is starting to remind me WAY too much of the summer of 1993! Hatred

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2015, 08:35:32 PM »

Actually, people had been talking about 3rd party the very day after the 2012 election when the Republican party decided to allow Obama's Amnesty (by allowing federal funding)... The dirty truth is, if it wasn't for Trump, the American people (those that voted in 2010/12) would be looking for somebody that's not Republican or Democrat.

I would like to see Scott Walker call out Obama... but I'm having doubts that anybody but Trump is going to call out Obama.  But we'll see what happens when Obama veto's a treaty (Really a president has this much freaking power!!!!) [I think it's stupid that there is a debate on this Iran BS - the paper says it gives Iran total freedom to make a bomb while we cannot stop them! and the beauty is that we are giving Iran billions of dollars so they can ATTACK US! Holy s**t talk about being angry!]

I honestly feel the Libertarian Party is growing by the day.  I may be biased though.  That's where my allegiance lies.  But people call me crazy.  Last debates I was all over Ron Paul and Gary Johnson. 

I consider myself a Libertarian also. I am against a one-size-fits-all central government that homogenizes our country into one big pile of lowest-common-denominator blandness. The states should have more control over there direction than the federal government. But I suppose that is a discussion for another thread. I will likely vote Libertarian again this election, even though I know my state will go with the Republican candidate, whoever that turns out to be.
People say my vote is a wasted vote. But not to me. My guy may lose but it's truly how I feel

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #98 on: August 13, 2015, 09:04:19 PM »

One ray of hope that I had pointed out to me today:
Since the GOP got control of the House in 2010, the annual budget deficit has dropped from $1.5 trillion to $497 billion, and is predicted to drop by another $75 billion next year.  Also, for the first time since the Eisenhower administration, government spending actually went down last year - REAL spending, not the "let's reduce the rate of increase and call it a cut" that passes for spending cuts in Washington.  There is a real chance for a balanced budget in the next few years, depending on the outcome of this election.

I hope we don't screw it up.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Skull
« Reply #99 on: August 14, 2015, 10:45:23 AM »

Some would say the 2 party system put us in debt. 

LOL If I had my way, the party system would be banned (No reason to support a person because of party) and candidates are not allow to advertise (No reason for campaign money).   

Although, If I was president, the first thing I would demand from the house is a term limit law (on everybody in government in office - including Judges) and I'm not signing s**t until they give me a term limit law. Yes, I'll shut the government down until they give me a term limit law on the desk. And every day they don't give me a term limit law, I'll go on TV at 6:30 to tell the American people that 'today the government is shut down is because they won't give me a term limit law.' (I would do this every day and make the American people get mad and make them vote those jerks out of office!)

Sadly... I know I would be assassinated before I make my oath as being president. (therefore I'm not running for president)
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #100 on: August 14, 2015, 10:25:32 PM »

I've seen multiple reports that Rick Perry is running out of money for his campaign and can't pay staffers and the like.

I have a gut feeling he'll be the first candidate from either party to bow out.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #101 on: August 14, 2015, 11:18:21 PM »

You may be right.  I think Lindsay Graham will follow shortly thereafter.
While I agree with him on foreign policy, he is about as inspiring as a waterlogged French fry floating in a greasy sink.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #102 on: August 15, 2015, 12:33:59 AM »

Didn't Graham want to send troops to Syria? that was about a popular idea as him being president
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #103 on: August 15, 2015, 11:42:44 AM »

Donald trump vs The Washington Post http://www.theamericanconservative.com/buchanan/donald-trump-vs-the-washington-post/ get em Don (and Pat)
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #104 on: August 15, 2015, 01:51:17 PM »

Didn't Graham want to send troops to Syria? that was about a popular idea as him being president

Yep

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/run-2016/2015/07/08/lindsey-graham-wants-10-000-troops-in-syria-to-battle-isis

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 118
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who should be the next president? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.