Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:04:46 AM
714517 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who should be the next president? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 118
Author Topic: Who should be the next president?  (Read 410236 times)
Skull
« Reply #405 on: March 07, 2016, 10:39:12 AM »

Then how on EARTH can you support Trump for a single minute?  You think he is "Conservative?"  If so, you simply are <i>not</i> paying attention to his history, his present or a word he is saying.

I don't think it matter a hill of beans if Trump is a Conservative. I do think it's annoying a "F" that "Conservative" voters are like, "I'm not voting for Trump because he's not a Conservative." Meanwhile, we all know that not voting for Trump would be a vote for Hillary. Is Hillary a Conservative? Does she deserve your golden Conservative vote?

And why is that?  Because he's saying what you want to hear?  Meanwhile, you have blinded yourself to the number of times he's flip-flopped, changed his story, outright lied, said something one day then his 'handlers' had to correct / fix it the next day.  Good grief.  It's impossible to really know WHAT he's saying anyway.

Trump is peddling poisoned Kool Aid and a whole bunch of people are drinking it.  I truly pray to God to help this nation if he gets elected President.  What a tremendous mess that will be.

But whatever.

Get off the Kool-aid BS.

The worst that would happen is 4 years of gridlock. And if your a Conservative then you should love the 4 years of gridlock.

The best that could happen is Trump Wall is built and jobs come back to America...

The fact is... if you don't vote for Trump then your voting for Hillary. If you vote for a 3rd party your voting for Hillary. If you vote for Darth Vader your vote is for Hillary. If you vote for my dog your vote is for Hillary.

Like I said... if Cruz wins I would be happy to vote for him... But I'm also happy to vote for Trump. Who has the better odds in winning Trump or Cruz? Sorry but Trump has better odds because his supporters are not republicans. Nothing about kool aid drinking, I'm being realistic.
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #406 on: March 07, 2016, 01:37:49 PM »

I don't think it matter a hill of beans if Trump is a Conservative. I do think it's annoying a "F" that "Conservative" voters are like, "I'm not voting for Trump because he's not a Conservative." Meanwhile, we all know that not voting for Trump would be a vote for Hillary. Is Hillary a Conservative? Does she deserve your golden Conservative vote?

I find it cute that you choose to ignore every poll that shows Trump <i>can't</i> beat Hillary just because you wishfully think he can.

I don't know if the polls are accurate or have any predictive value whatsoever.  But, I do know that historically, he who has led by "popularity" at this stage of the primary process did NOT win the presidency.  At some point, people really do have to stop to think about what they are voting for.

Get off the Kool-aid BS.

Nope.  You don't get to set the terms of the discussion just because you don't like what is being said.

Trump is a lying sack of feces and there is all manners of evidence, past and present, to demonstrate that.

Trump is not a conservative nor does he represent conservative (or libertarian) values.  At all.  There's all kinds of evidence, past and present, to demonstrate that.

The worst that would happen is 4 years of gridlock. And if your a Conservative then you should love the 4 years of gridlock.

Keep thinking that.  It may be true; it may not.  He'll be in the position to wreak a LOT of damage to this country, just as Obama and several of his predecessors have done.

The thing that is very different is that we, as a nation, are running out of "time" with some of this stuff.  The Federal Reserve and global banking stuff that is going on under the surface (and is generally not being talked about) is going to come to head a some point.  It bubbled up a bit in the last decade, but but the REAL crash is yet to happen.  It may be during the next presidency or it may not; there's no way to no.

But, do you <i>really</i> think whatever is the status quo right now will continue?  Is that even <i>possible</i>?

The best that could happen is Trump Wall is built and jobs come back to America...

Oh good grief.  There will be no wall, and 'jobs coming back to America?"  How do you get that when half the dang country doesn't WANT to work at all?  Shoot, no one would work if they thought they could get away with it, and the .gov has been doing nothing but perpetuating that mindset.

Trump's going to magically fix the entire CULTURE?  What a pipe dream.  Like I said.  Kool Aid.

The fact is... if you don't vote for Trump then your voting for Hillary.

Again, conveniently ignoring every single poll that shows Trump losing to Hillary.  Wishful thinking does not make reality.

And, in the end, it does not really matter.  If you think for one second Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are internally governed by fundamentally different political worldviews, again...Kool Aid.  Sorry that hurts you somehow, but really.  Facts are facts.

Who has the better odds in winning Trump or Cruz?

Again, completely ignoring a mass of poll data suggesting otherwise.  I don't know if the data are accurate predictors or not, but at least the data is there and can be pointed at: "This is what people SAY they are going to do."  And electing Trump over Hillary ain't it.

Sorry but Trump has better odds because his supporters are not republicans. Nothing about kool aid drinking, I'm being realistic.

Cite one single piece of actual data that shows Trump has better odds than Cruz OR Rubio of beating Hillary. 

Here's an interesting read:

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/03/of-course-donald-trump-can-beat-hillary-clinton/471879/

The very second sentence:  "Betting markets make Clinton the strong favorite"

And, a good closing paragraph:

"The thing about majoritarian government, though, is that nobody has to fool everybody all the time. Donald Trump’s objective couldn’t be clearer. He only has to fool half the people once."

Here's a summary of the Clinton-Trump polling data.  This is not just ONE poll, or even just the Progressive MSM's results.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html#!

Yeah.  Trump's our guy to beat Clinton.  Sure.   Lookingup

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #407 on: March 07, 2016, 03:24:20 PM »

I hope this discussion won't get overheated.  hot Andrew did not like any discussion of politics at all on his boards because he thought it only led to fighting. Trump is super-polarizing, even more so than ordinary politicians. No one has gotten out of hand yet, but I think we need a proactive reminder to keep everything civil.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ulthar

« Reply #408 on: March 07, 2016, 06:27:15 PM »

I hope this discussion won't get overheated.  hot Andrew did not like any discussion of politics at all on his boards because he thought it only led to fighting. Trump is super-polarizing, even more so than ordinary politicians. No one has gotten out of hand yet, but I think we need a proactive reminder to keep everything civil.

Well, I'm done.  I've said my piece about Trump.  Everyone one else can vie for getting the last word.  I've got my flame suit on for any replies that might come.   Wink

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Real Genius
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #409 on: March 08, 2016, 12:00:20 AM »

He seems to be more polarizing than Bush and Obama combined, but this board survived those Presidencies, and some pretty heated discussions, as I recall. 

Me?  I pretty much love everybody here, Skull, Ulthar, and Ronnie too. Cheers
If everybody was right all the time, they would be me! Twirling

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #410 on: March 08, 2016, 01:23:15 AM »

He seems to be more polarizing than Bush and Obama combined, but this board survived those Presidencies, and some pretty heated discussions, as I recall. 

Me?  I pretty much love everybody here, Skull, Ulthar, and Ronnie too. Cheers

TeddyR TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Skull
« Reply #411 on: March 08, 2016, 07:05:25 AM »

Me?  I pretty much love everybody here, Skull, Ulthar, and Ronnie too. Cheers

Thanks. I love everybody here too... that's why I keep coming back  TeddyR

I hope this discussion won't get overheated.  hot Andrew did not like any discussion of politics at all on his boards because he thought it only led to fighting. Trump is super-polarizing, even more so than ordinary politicians. No one has gotten out of hand yet, but I think we need a proactive reminder to keep everything civil.

Don't worry. That's why to took some time off so we keep everything civil  Smile

Well, I'm done.  I've said my piece about Trump.  Everyone one else can vie for getting the last word.  I've got my flame suit on for any replies that might come.   Wink

Don't worry about the flame suit.

I'd already said I don't trust the polls at this point of the game because the intent of the polls are to create the news and persuade public opinion. I do suggest look at the election results.  The results do show Trump is doing better then expected and he's picking up a lot of non-republican voters. The results also show he doing well with strong religious groups (which Curz should have).

I think I said a great deal of what game the Establishment is playing. They want chaos because they don't want Trump to lock in the Delegates.

In my opinion this election if bigger then Trump. There are too many people angry with Obama and they are pushing Trump because he said the keywords first. Nobody else has took the heat that Trump did in the early summer and when that girl was killed then we get other's saying that Trump is right.

And yet you seemed to be focused why Trump is bad. I'm guessing that you have an opinion on Trump that could mirror's Glenn Beck's opinion and I think it's worthless for me to add my opinion on the subject because it won't change your mind. And I don't want to change your mind!

What I'm saying is... In the Presidential election it does matter if you vote for Trump (if he wins the primary) because anything else will go to Hillary. Really... if Glenn Beck don't vote for Trump then he has nothing to say being a Good Conservative because his support goes to Hillary.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 07:08:10 AM by Skull » Logged
Skull
« Reply #412 on: March 08, 2016, 04:27:54 PM »

On Trump and Authoritarianism... (please note I said it here first)

Today at the end of Rush's show he actually told a Cruz supporter Trump in control of the White House is nothing like Obama's control. What's going to happen is democrat-lite republicans will join forces with the democrats and we'll see a real opposition party. Like I said (4 years of gridlock).  He also said he'll go deeper on that subject tomorrow (3-9-16). I do suggest all Cruz supporter please listen.

I only want you Cruz fans understand all is not lost (unless you don't vote in the election.)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #413 on: March 09, 2016, 07:31:13 AM »

I have a feeling that Marco Rubio will soon drop out. Don't know why but I have the feeling.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #414 on: March 09, 2016, 09:01:07 PM »

As for me, I'm not voting for Drumpfenfuhrer.   

Hillary isn't ideal but she'll do, in comparison.  Though if Bernie wins the nomination I'll be thrilled to vote for him.

That is all.
ulthar

« Reply #415 on: March 09, 2016, 11:06:08 PM »

Today at the end of Rush's show he actually told a Cruz supporter Trump in control of the White House is nothing like Obama's control. What's going to happen is democrat-lite republicans will join forces with the democrats and we'll see a real opposition party. Like I said (4 years of gridlock).  He also said he'll go deeper on that subject tomorrow (3-9-16). I do suggest all Cruz supporter please listen.

I only want you Cruz fans understand all is not lost (unless you don't vote in the election.)

I did not listen to Rush Limbaugh, but I did take a look at his web site to see what he talked about today.

Nothing jumped out at me as what you describe.  What was I supposed to see/hear?

--Real Genius
Skull
« Reply #416 on: March 10, 2016, 06:17:20 AM »

I did not listen to Rush Limbaugh, but I did take a look at his web site to see what he talked about today.

Nothing jumped out at me as what you describe.  What was I supposed to see/hear?

Sadly he didn't get into detail about it yesterday, typical Rush. I do think he'll bring it up today or friday. I know he'll bring it up again, because he said he'll get into more details and I know the Cruz people will call him about it.

Sorry, I was excited that finally Rush has said something that I was thinking for sometime.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #417 on: March 10, 2016, 11:47:15 AM »

Trump and Sanders have similar views on foreign policy and trade issues. Does that mean the so called "bernie bros" will go to Trump in the general election? if a fraction of them do it could make a big difference
Flangepart

« Reply #418 on: March 10, 2016, 01:28:41 PM »

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/5b/7b/f2/5b7bf2bbe005f7c7409a06359370368f.jpg

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Skull
« Reply #419 on: March 10, 2016, 11:34:55 PM »

Ben Carson endorsing Trump... I like that. :)

I wonder if we are looking at Trump/Carson on the ticket.

I need some help in fact checking this story:

http://patriotrising.com/2016/03/10/ted-cruz-bush-another-name/

I'm not going to hold this against Cruz because it could be a well made lie, but I would like to know what others think. Thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 118
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who should be the next president? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.