Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:48:56 AM
714520 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who should be the next president? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 118
Author Topic: Who should be the next president?  (Read 410286 times)
Skull
« Reply #660 on: June 11, 2016, 06:54:54 AM »

I worked at Honee Bear Canning Company for 30 f**king years.80 percent of those hard working f**kers were illegal-good luck Trump-those Mexicans-ILLEGAL-were the best people I ever met-and we treat them like s**t!  Hatred

It's a shame that Honee Bear Canning would prefer slavery over citizens. Because the whole point of hiring ILLEGAL ALIENS is not to pay the full wage, benefits and protection.

I am very aware of this-I aint braggin up Honee Bear-that place is a piece of s**t-I braggin up the Mexicans that worked there asses off-80 hours a week,during season-
They wanted to get the f**k outta Mexico-
This is AMERICA-NONE of use are native sons-unless yer an American Indian-you came her just like Mexicans did-just a little later.
So quit yer f**king b***h about a "wall" haha! That'll work!   Lookingup

Here is a funny thing about Mexico... They are not Native Americans and They are not Aztec... most of the natives in Mexico died from smallpox and typhus in the 1500's. The current Mexican population is Spaniard (a native or inhabitant of Spain, or a person of Spanish descent) though the Mexican's considered themselves as Mestizo (but that's watering the facts).

Maybe those Mexican's should go to Spain. They are Spanish descents.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #661 on: June 11, 2016, 08:35:30 AM »

This week's blog post explains why I decided to run for President . . .

www.lewisliterarylair.blogspot.com

And I think I have decided to appoint RC Merchant as official "Secretary of Good Times".

Nice post, but until you have my endorsement your campaign is going to have an uphill battle. You need to buy me off with an ambassadorship or something.

In all honesty if you were running I'd have to give you serious consideration over those other couple of bums.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #662 on: June 11, 2016, 08:51:15 AM »

Fact is-I'd like to see Trumps ass out there picking pickles in 90 degree heat for 12 hours a day.
And his broad,racist remarks-ie-"rapists"-are base and narrow minded.
We should hold our politictions to higher standards (yeah I know-it's a nice fantasy  Lookingup but dreaming is free.)

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Skull
« Reply #663 on: June 11, 2016, 12:10:24 PM »

We should hold our politicians to higher standards (yeah I know-it's a nice fantasy  Lookingup but dreaming is free.)

Who's standard? Last time I'd checked the higher standard only applies to the Republicans (That's before Trump)....
Gene Worm
A Guru of Rubber Monsters, and a
Bad Movie Lover

Rubber Monsters > CGI Monsters

« Reply #664 on: June 11, 2016, 01:59:22 PM »

Oh good grief, this thread is still going? By the time it's dead, we'll all hate each other over our differing opinions. Oh well, I'll stay out of it.

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #665 on: June 11, 2016, 02:47:59 PM »

I think Rev. Powell should be Director of the National Endowment for the Arts!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #666 on: June 13, 2016, 09:26:35 PM »

A very terrible thing happened in the USA yesterday.  Orlando.  There is lots of diversion and politics already attached to this tragedy.  The ease with which firearms may be purchased is really the issue. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #667 on: June 13, 2016, 10:39:38 PM »

A very terrible thing happened in the USA yesterday.  Orlando.  There is lots of diversion and politics already attached to this tragedy.  The ease with which firearms may be purchased is really the issue. 

"Atrocity" is a better word than "tragedy".

The issue is the intrinsic sickness within a single religion which has inspired most of the acts of hate-fueled mass murder that we've seen in recent years.

And the ease with with firearms may be purchased is far less a cause here than the failure of a jurisdiction to allow citizens to be armed for self-defense, as is their Constitutional right.

Once again Islamic dogma motivated someone to slaughter an unarmed population, and once again people somehow fail to get that. Since Mohammad mandated the death penalty for homosexuals, why is it so many analyzing this crime seem unable to follow the trail to its source?

Why do so many in the west weep instead of feeling outrage?

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Skull
« Reply #668 on: June 14, 2016, 05:33:51 AM »

Since Mohammad mandated the death penalty for homosexuals, why is it so many analyzing this crime seem unable to follow the trail to its source?

The problem is that nobody in politics (except for Trump) wants to admit that we are in a holy war. As long as Trump keeps calling out those attackers - Islamic Terrorist - he's going to win the Presidency.

There is outrage... Every time this s**t happens Americans buy more guns and Trump numbers go up. Most of the mainstream media don't want to cover that.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #669 on: June 14, 2016, 06:04:56 AM »

Anyone will get my vote if they can warm up the weather in South Africa  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Skull
« Reply #670 on: June 14, 2016, 09:25:38 AM »

Anyone will get my vote if they can warm up the weather in South Africa  Buggedout

What are you telling me that South Africa didn't get the memo about Global Warming.

I saw a helpful blog on 35 common sense ways to prevent global warming. If doing this helps prevent global warming then maybe doing the opposite on what was suggested would accelerate global warming. I'm not going to post all 35 steps but I'll post a link:

http://www.conserve-energy-future.com/StopGlobalWarming.php

I will suggest 5 that seemed easy...

Turn Off the Lights: Duh! If you’re not using a room, there’s no need for the light to be on.

1. Ok, keep the lights on! Heck, every open plug in your outlet should have a lamp. And don't be cheap... you got to use the highest wattage, so bright that your neighbors need to wear sunglasses when they visit. Do I need to add Duh to make a point?

Use Clean Fuel: Electric, smart cars, cars run on vegetable oil, etc…are great examples for using renewable energy. Supporting companies that provide these products will help the rest of the mainstream manufacturing companies convert over.

2. Don't waste your money in buying a 100,000 dollar car that is plug into a 'dirty power producing power plant!' Go with the gas guzzling Mad Max truck! Clean Fuel, hell no... did it stop Mad Max from siphoning gas from a truck sitting off the side of the road for years. (I do think it's awesome in Mad Max's world that fuel from a truck can work on a car or a helicopter.)

Conserve Water: This is a tired tip, but ever so important. If we added up the water wasted by the millions of Americans brushing their teeth, we could provide water to more than 23 nations with unclean, drinking water. Remember, it takes energy to draw and filter water from underground.

Taking a quick 5 minute shower will greatly conserve energy. The type of shower head used, will also aid in combating global warming. Take showers instead of baths. Showers use less water than baths by 25%. Over the course of a year that’s hundreds of gallons saved.

3. Just like the light bulb issue, use lots of water. Take a bath every time you change your underwear... or if a woman changes her mind. If that's too extreme... then take a 15 minute shower! Brush your teeth 4 times a day and flush the toilet even if you farted in the bowl.

Eat Less Hamburger: Besides carbon dioxide, methane introduced into the air contributes to global warning. With meat consumed by the seconds, the amount of cows breathing out methane is a huge contributor, thanks to our carnivorous diet and the billion-dollar meat industry.

4. Really? There are starving people... give them Hamburgers! See a homeless man asking for food - give him a Hamburger. See an old lady walking down the street - give her a Hamburger. See a cop - give him a Hamburger!

I'm amazed how Hamburgers is a threat...

The man behind Global Warming... Hmmmmmmm...

Become Aware of Your Contribution: With technology within your fingertips, finding information about protecting the environment is everywhere. To help emit less CO2, the first step is being aware of how much you contribute.

5. I'm not actually sure how this helps... but at least you know you done your part in making South Africa a warmer place :)

PS... I never understood why so many people take this Global Warming stuff so seriously when the Earth, the Sun and the orbit has more to do with Global Warming then tiny man.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 02:27:51 PM by Skull » Logged
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #671 on: June 14, 2016, 11:22:57 AM »

The ease with which firearms may be purchased is really the issue. 

Uh-huh.  An objectively and provable incorrect piece of information.

Have YOU purchased a firearm?  If so, please outline your experience to show how "easy" it was.  It depends on your State, of course...but, this 'talking point' lie needs to die the death it deserves as an untruth.

This particular attacker not only jumped through all the hoops necessary to have a firearm (which includes Federally mandated NICS checks...aka "background checks"), but he had them FOR HIS JOB.  He was a licensed security officer in the State of Florida.  Further, he had been investigated by the FBI several times and (wait for it...) deemed "not a threat."

But yeah, the issue is how "easy" it is to get firearms.  Good grief.

Oh yeah, and let's not forget the other inconvenient FACT that he ALSO has explosives with him.  So, let's go ahead and make firearms harder to get and see if THAT stops attacks like this.  (Hint: It won't; 9/11 did not involve a single firearm, and neither did the incident where someone set a fire in a nightclub and killed a bunch of people).

So...how about we put the straw men to bed and face such issues like grown-ups, rather fall back to empty Progressive platitudes that are completely disconnect from the real world.

And, I'll leave this one here just for fun:

http://thedeclination.com/candlelight-vigils-hearts-on-sidewalks-and-other-magic/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #672 on: June 14, 2016, 02:38:51 PM »

"Atrocity" is a better word than "tragedy".

Agreed. 

The issue is the intrinsic sickness within a single religion which has inspired most of the acts of hate-fueled mass murder that we've seen in recent years.
Your remarks are untrue, but akin in radicalism to those you condemn.  This murderer was an American, born right here, perhaps radicalized by some dopey source, but perhaps he was also a self-loathing homophobic closet case.  There have been many instances of mass shootings right here that had nothing to do with "radical Islam".  In each case, the easy acquisition of firearms figures prominently. 

And the ease with with firearms may be purchased is far less a cause here than the failure of a jurisdiction to allow citizens to be armed for self-defense, as is their Constitutional right.

Once again Islamic dogma motivated someone to slaughter an unarmed population, and once again people somehow fail to get that. Since Mohammad mandated the death penalty for homosexuals, why is it so many analyzing this crime seem unable to follow the trail to its source?

So... if victims who may have chosen to never own a firearm, had been armed, what melee would have resulted?  We have the second amendment, right?  Should we all walk around armed to the hilt?  And how often in a gun culture, like in our impoverished areas, do unlicensed persons pull a gun and pull the trigger right here in America born and bred?   

I am not "weeping" and of course I am outraged, but I cannot condemn a religion, support actions that are bigoted, or fail to see some glaring facts that, politicized, you fail to see.  This murderer was deranged, probably burdened with shame and anger; an evil outfit like ISIS are quick to claim responsibility.  They want you to believe their narrative. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Skull
« Reply #673 on: June 14, 2016, 02:49:41 PM »

I do think it was sweet that Trump called out Obama and Hillary on their stand against radical Islam terrorism and Obama/Hillary could only do is defend on why they are not labeling this act of violence.

Interesting fact.. If the shooter was some white guy holding a confederate flag - Obama and Hillary will be all over this shooter and pointing there finger at every red neck on the south. (And that act did happen a few years ago)

I cannot see any gay group voting for Hillary because her policy is going to get more gay people KILLED!

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #674 on: June 14, 2016, 03:25:21 PM »

AHD, I respect you, but you are wrong on this count.

It doesn't matter if the man was taking direct orders from ISIS or not, he was inspired by radical Islamic fundamentalism - like ISIS, like Al Qaeda, like Major Hassan here in Texas, like the San Berandino shooters, the 9/11 hijackers, the Boston Marathon bombers, the Paris gunmen, and the list goes on and on and on.  The common factor in all of these incidents is a fundamentalist interpretation of Islam that demands eternal jihad on nonbelievers.  It is EXACTLY what ER called it - a sickness within ONE religion that has infected a substantial number, perhaps a tenth or more, of its adherents to some degree.  And this doctrine is based on a literal interpretation of Muhammad's commands to make war on unbelievers, ALL unbelievers, until they are converted or enslaved.  That's in the Quran.

To their credit, a majority of the world's Muslims now ignore those passages.  But they are still there, and those who take them literally are still a threat to both non-Muslims, and to Muslims who don't agree with their interpretation of jihad.  It's worth noting that ISIS has killed more Muslims than it has Christians and Jews combined.

If more people in the club had been armed, the outcome might have been different - but at least they would have had a fighting chance.  But over 90% of mass shootings have happened in designated "Gun Free Zones."  It's obvious that ridiculous designation does NOTHING to curb gun violence - all it does is give you one more charge to pin on the offender after he's done his bloody work.  And frankly, most of them are dead by then and don't care.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 118
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Who should be the next president? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.